If Jesus is God...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
...Then he isn't the Messiah. And if he's the Messiah he isn't God. But of course he was neither.

The Messiah will become the greatest prophet in history, second only to Moses. (Targum - Isaiah 11:2; Maimonides - Yad Teshuva 9:2)

If you're the Messiah, and second to anyone, you're not exactly God.

The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

If you've thrown out the Mosaic Laws you're not following the Messiah OR God.

Christ is above the law and overcame the penalty for death. Christ is God in the flesh; the Messiah; Lord and Savior; the Alpha & Omega; the Lamb of God; the Lion of Judah; the King of kings and the Lord of lords; and the Word made flesh. He's the Creator of all things and our Redeemer.

...Then he isn't the Messiah. And if he's the Messiah he isn't God. But of course he was neither.

The Messiah will become the greatest prophet in history, second only to Moses. (Targum - Isaiah 11:2; Maimonides - Yad Teshuva 9:2)

The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

If you're a Jew maybe you should be less concerned with Jesus and Christian beliefs ...what do you think?

If you're a Jew maybe you should be less concerned with Jesus and Christian beliefs ...what do you think?

My blood and genes are Jews. I'm humanist. :)

Besides they started it co-opting our Tanach. No prohibition against war if religously justified.

Christ is above the law and overcame the penalty for death. Christ is God in the flesh; the Messiah; Lord and Savior; the Alpha & Omega; the Lamb of God; the Lion of Judah; the King of kings and the Lord of lords; and the Word made flesh. He's the Creator of all things and our Redeemer.
if you believe that......who was "God" praying to in the Garden before he was arrested?....

There are a lot of Jewish "athiest" sadly, but when things are bleak, and there is seemly no hope, you don't pray to humans:thup:

if you believe that......who was "God" praying to in the Garden before he was arrested?....

The flesh Man, Son, Jesus was praying to the Father. Everything He did in the sight of men was for their benefit and example. The Son and the Father are One.

There are a lot of Jewish "athiest" sadly, but when things are bleak, and there is seemly no hope, you don't pray to humans:thup:

I'm not atheist. I believe in God, just not the religious idea of it.

Ya gotta love it when those who profess no allegiance to Christ attempt to tell Christians how to read and interpret Scripture.

The flesh Man, Son, Jesus was praying to the Father. Everything He did in the sight of men was for their benefit and example. The Son and the Father are One.
God praying to himself.....thats still what you are saying.....i dont buy that....Jesus was a separate individual being....when i questioned the Priest at catechism class on this i was fed the same shit.....until i was told to shut up....thats when i said by by to the Catholic racket....

if you want to know that Jesus is who He said He is, than ask the Lord. He can reveal it to you like He did to Peter

Was offering a Scriptural proof Jesus wasn't the Messiah or God. If you can't substantiate your counter-arguement similarly, well...:)

Isaiah 111Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit. 2The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. 3And He will delight in the fear of the LORD, And He will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear;…

This says nothing about the Messiah being second to anyone.

Deuteronomy 131"If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' 3you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.……4"You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him. 5"But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you. 6"If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods ' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known,……7of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end), 8you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. 9"But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.…

So Delta, if you know any of your kin folks, who worship a different god than yours, you should put them to death. Says so right above.

Of coarse, you already know that the Torah commands you to kill yourself for having homosexual relations, if you are a good Jew, that is,so when are you going to do this?

Keep on making it up as you go, and i'll keep on correcting you.

Sorry you missed your Messiah.

if you want to know that Jesus is who He said He is, than ask the Lord. He can reveal it to you like He did to Peter

Was offering a Scriptural proof Jesus wasn't the Messiah or God. If you can't substantiate your counter-arguement similarly, well...:)
You offered no Scriptural proof, from what I read, you just picked a few random verses and said these will do, and interpreted them as 3 blind men would describe an elephant.

Isaiah 111Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit. 2The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. 3And He will delight in the fear of the LORD, And He will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear;…

This says nothing about the Messiah being second to anyone.

Deuteronomy 131"If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' 3you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.……4"You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him. 5"But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you. 6"If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods ' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known,……7of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end), 8you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. 9"But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.…

So Delta, if you know any of your kin folks, who worship a different god than yours, you should put them to death. Says so right above.

Of coarse, you already know that the Torah commands you to kill yourself for having homosexual relations, if you are a good Jew, that is,so when are you going to do this?

Keep on making it up as you go, and i'll keep on correcting you.

Sorry you missed your Messiah.

Messianic prophecies aren't written as literally as other things, they're metaphorical and symbollic. First, they're usually written by people suffering from shock and exposure, malnutrition, and dehydration :)

As a matter of fact, Torah doesn't command me or others to kill me for homosexual relations. It commands a trial to determine my guilt first and foremost. And since guilt requires a few witnesses for capital crimes, and I've never have homosexual relations in front of 3rd parties, nanna a booboo. :)

You offered no Scriptural proof, from what I read, you just picked a few random verses and said these will do, and interpreted them as 3 blind men would describe an elephant.

If you want the full proof here it is,
Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

and,

Why Don t Jews Believe In Jesus The difference between Judaism and Christianity

Besides they started it co-opting our Tanach. No prohibition against war if religously justified.

Well no war is religiously justified. I think religion is often used just as an excuse.

No Jesus was an anointed son of God who worshipped God, and preached peace.

What do you mean "co-opting your Tanach"?

Forum List

Back