If i smoked a pork butt on Sunday

would it still be good to serve on Wednesday?
At work, we are doing this thing where everyday till chrsitmas, two people both bring something for break. I want to grill something and the ladies here LOVE butts, and I make a killer one. But there is no way I can smoke a butt Tuesday night.
Do you think it would still be good enough to serve or do I need to think of something else?
The smoking also acts as a preservative. Put it in a sealed bag in the fridge and you'll be fine. If you have a vacuum sealer even better.
And if anyone gets sick, blame the spinach dip someone else brought.

Today is going to be hard to beat. Real turkey sliders with cranberry mustard Hawaiian bread and gouda cheese, muffins, cinnamon rolls, danishes, homemade bread with olive oil dipping sauce, cheesecake and brownies. WTF

Today is going to be hard to beat. Real turkey sliders with cranberry mustard Hawaiian bread and gouda cheese, muffins, cinnamon rolls, danishes, homemade bread with olive oil dipping sauce, cheesecake and brownies. WTF

Cranberry mustard? Never heard of it. Sounds kind of yucky combination.

PS: You are going to get FAT! :lol:

Cranberry mustard? Never heard of it. Sounds kind of yucky combination.

PS: You are going to get FAT! :lol:
I think it just had mustard seed in it but im not sure. Fucking great with the turkey and bread.

Butts are done and wrapped in saran wrap and alum foil. I saved all the juices and the butts are still whole.
I am also making a slaw.
We were at grocery store yesterday and I got a wild hair and bought a bag of halved almonds. Thought about lightly smoking them and putting them in slaw.
What do you think?
Actually considered doing apples that way but walked away from that.

Butts are done and wrapped in saran wrap and alum foil. I saved all the juices and the butts are still whole.
I am also making a slaw.
We were at grocery store yesterday and I got a wild hair and bought a bag of halved almonds. Thought about lightly smoking them and putting them in slaw.
What do you think?

No pictures of your floor this time? :D

I am also making a slaw.
What do you think?

A wild hare? You are going to eat a bunny? How DARE you? :eusa_naughty:

I am also making a slaw.
What do you think?

A wild hare? You are going to eat a bunny? How DARE you? :eusa_naughty:
I never have. But I damn sure would :D

The butt turned out GREAT! Couldn't even tell it I cooked it on Sunday.
Thanks guys!

My partner brought small roasted potatoes and a 4 layer desert. Banana pudding, angel food, strawberries and whip cream. It was awesome!

Thanks guys!
I tried barbecue for the first time last week at our new barbecue restaurant. Pulled smoked chicken. I liked it, but maybe the smoke flavor was a little strong. There were two kinds of barbecue sauce on the table, and I tried them both, but mostly all I could taste was the smoke. Next week, they'll start serving ribs, which is what I'm really looking forward to.

Thanks guys!
I tried barbecue for the first time last week at our new barbecue restaurant. Pulled smoked chicken. I liked it, but maybe the smoke flavor was a little strong. There were two kinds of barbecue sauce on the table, and I tried them both, but mostly all I could taste was the smoke. Next week, they'll start serving ribs, which is what I'm really looking forward to.
I don't like too much of a smoky flavor. For this butt, I only used a piece of wood about 2" in diameter and about 7 inches long or so. For meat this size, I usually wrap in alum foil after a couple hours.
Don't be fooled by liquid smoke. A lot of lazy bbqers use that junky bullshit.
Hell, I went down the road and tried out a new BBW joint. The lazy asshole cooked it in the oven with liquid smoke. Gross.

Thanks guys!
I don't like too much of a smoky flavor. For this butt, I only used a piece of wood about 2" in diameter and about 7 inches long or so. For meat this size, I usually wrap in alum foil after a couple hours.
Hell, I went down the road and tried out a new BBW joint. The lazy asshole cooked it in the oven with liquid smoke. Gross.
You know, TN, you might be right. He has two smokers and a pile of hardwood outside, but he isn't using them (they're covered in snow, now). When I walked in, I couldn't smell smoke at all, and the kitchen is open to the dining area. For this area, where most everyone cooks their meat to death, the fact that it's moist and tender is enough of a novelty, I guess. He seems to be doing pretty well.

I make some amazing ribs. I would have your granny panties dropping faster than if you just made out with Elvis
OldLady

Thanks guys!
You know, TN, you might be right. He has two smokers and a pile of hardwood outside, but he isn't using them (they're covered in snow, now). When I walked in, I couldn't smell smoke at all, and the kitchen is open to the dining area. For this area, where most everyone cooks their meat to death, the fact that it's moist and tender is enough of a novelty, I guess. He seems to be doing pretty well.
That makes sense. His place aint doing so well. In fact, I think he down to one waitress.. but we have BBQ joints all over the place...

Forum List

Back