If i smoked a pork butt on Sunday

I was going to keep all the juices from the cook and thought about shredding it and leaving it soaking in that for 2 days.

I would warm it up and shred it the day it's being served.

Remember to leave on the fat while smoking and put fat side up in the smoker. That fat adds the juices, tenderness, and flavor to the meat, along with the smoke. Also make sure your heat isn't too high. When you get ready to pull it, then remove the remainder of fat. (I always leave on just a tiny bit- adds even more flavor to me) my dad smoked brisket, ribs, chickens, etc. for all the holidays. It was superb! I do when I can.
Low & Slow
I don't mess with the fat much on butts. After its shredded, its pretty easy to pick out. So, a lot don't really matter

Do you smoke alot?
I have to when I can because Fl doesn't know how to smoke a full brisket, like my native Tx does.
Remember to leave on the fat while smoking and put fat side up in the smoker. That fat adds the juices, tenderness, and flavor to the meat, along with the smoke. Also make sure your heat isn't too high. When you get ready to pull it, then remove the remainder of fat. (I always leave on just a tiny bit- adds even more flavor to me) my dad smoked brisket, ribs, chickens, etc. for all the holidays. It was superb! I do when I can.
Low & Slow
I don't mess with the fat much on butts. After its shredded, its pretty easy to pick out. So, a lot don't really matter

Do you smoke alot?
I have to when I can because Fl doesn't know how to smoke a full brisket, like my native Tx does.
Low & Slow
Yes. Smoke and just regular grill a lot. Probably 3 or 4 times a week.
I have done one brisket and we enjoyed it.

Sounds like you know what you are doing. Hubby made my smoker for me.
I also love to cook breakfast on a weekend morning on the grill. Nothing better!
Do you smoke alot?
Low & Slow

I also love to cook breakfast on a weekend morning on the grill. Nothing better!
Do you smoke alot?
Low & Slow

I've tried that, but the eggs always fall through.... :eusa_whistle:

Do you smoke alot?
Low & Slow
I do it a lot and have for a while. I used to just sit around and make shit up. That was always fun. But grilling is my current interest.
I don't use a smoker, just offset the heat on my kettle. I have fruit trees so I have excellent wood :D

would it still be good to serve on Wednesday?
At work, we are doing this thing where everyday till chrsitmas, two people both bring something for break. I want to grill something and the ladies here LOVE butts, and I make a killer one. But there is no way I can smoke a butt Tuesday night.
Do you think it would still be good enough to serve or do I need to think of something else?
as long as you kept it refrigerated

At work, we are doing this thing where everyday till chrsitmas, two people both bring something for break. I want to grill something and the ladies here LOVE butts, and I make a killer one. But there is no way I can smoke a butt Tuesday night.
Do you think it would still be good enough to serve or do I need to think of something else?
definately

definately
I did a pork loin on the grill saturday and had a yummy pork loin sammich for lunch today. I still have more to give my son to take for his work lunch.

That's when a cast iron griddle comes in handy. Lol
But buttered toast must have grill marks!
Do you smoke alot?
Low & Slow

I've tried that, but the eggs always fall through.... :eusa_whistle:

definately
I did a pork loin on the grill saturday and had a yummy pork loin sammich for lunch today. I still have more to give my son to take for his work lunch.
I have been doing ALOT of pork loin. All kinds of different ways. They have been so damn cheap!

definately
I have been doing ALOT of pork loin. All kinds of different ways. They have been so damn cheap!
all you need is a good rub and stickem on the grill

definately
all you need is a good rub and stickem on the grill
Yep. I been trying marinated-not marinated, smoked-not smoked, herbs-bbq rub and everything in between.
Marinating pork loin is not needed. At all.

Slightly smoked with rosemary, thyme, garlic, parsley and ground cayenne is amazing

Should be okay.

The standard is you toss on the fourth day after you cook it. Wednesday is only the third day.

Forum List

Back