Cakes, sweet breads, frostings, icings...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Lately I've had extremely good luck with my cakes/sweet breads and icings and buttercream frostings!

I made a couple of yummy cakes topped with chocolate frosting I made off the cuff using..that's right. Cocoa. Not melted semi sweet chocolate.

And they turned out wonderful!

But tonight, I'm making a chocolate cake and buttercream frosting with melted chocolate, instead of cocoa.

I'm not a super heavy duty chocolate addict...I like milk chocolate better than semi sweet or dark. I don't like my cocoa super strong...so I really do like cocoa buttercream.

But tonight's icing will be like the frosting my mother used to make, with butter, cream, and melted chocolate. Hers was essentially the recipe from Betty Crocker, except you used a lot more chocolate. Her chocolate frosting was almost like candy, but still soft.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

I dont like chocolate very much but that still sounds good!

I am not very good at baking.
Let me put that into perspective : I thought I was the shit last weekend putting Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker and adding powder sugar and milk to the icing that came with it so we would have enough for a dip for the waffles LOL

I plan on making a carrot cake, brownies and a berry pie with homegrown raspberries and blackberries.....

Let me put that into perspective : I thought I was the shit last weekend putting Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker and adding powder sugar and milk to the icing that came with it so we would have enough for a dip for the waffles LOL
I did something creative with canned pizza dough a while back but I can't remember what it was.

My personal favorite with canned dough is monkey bread, that crap is amazing. Unfortunately, when I make it I also eat it.

I did something creative with canned pizza dough a while back but I can't remember what it was.

My personal favorite with canned dough is monkey bread, that crap is amazing. Unfortunately, when I make it I also eat it.

whatever you do.....

don't talk about pizza! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Did I make a thread about putting canned pumpkin into a carrot cake mix cake??? I can't remember but it went like this:

Carrot cake mix
3 eggs
some oil
about a tsp of pumpkin pie spice
about 1/4 tsp salt
about a cup of water
1 can of pumpkin (not the huge can, a 16 oz or 12 oz can of plain canned pumpkin)

I baked it in a greased/floured (bottom only) 13x9 inch pan, and it made a BIG cake.

Oh man it was good!!! I made a buttercream frosting for that, flavored with almond. Just butter, powdered sugar, whipping cream and almond extract.

The kids eat that stuff morning noon and night until it's gone...and it's not all that bad for them. Plus it's big enough it lasts a couple of days!

I plan on making a carrot cake, brownies and a berry pie with homegrown raspberries and blackberries.....

Raspberries are among my three favorite fruits in this world!

I absolutely love raspberries! :biggrin:

Raspberries are among my three favorite fruits in this world!

I absolutely love raspberries! :biggrin:
The Giant Russians are my favorite, compared to the Arkansas Traveler...There is a few wild mustang grapes but they are rather bitter...

I don't know about all those names. I just love simple normal raspberries.

monkey bread....

Don't listen to this chick go on and on. The recipe starts at about the halfway mark, I recommend you head there immediately. My favorite line of her monologue...

"This is a great recipe for coffee, or...if you just need something sweet to go with..well, coffee"...

Hahahaha

I made a pizza in a pan once. Cut up pizza do and mix with cheese toppings and sauce. Put in pan with tad more cheese a bake. Nothing spectacular but different and simple

I made a pizza in a pan once. Cut up pizza do and mix with cheese toppings and sauce. Put in pan with tad more cheese a bake. Nothing spectacular but different and simple
nice.
I do that with spaghetti, lol. Make spaghetti, put it in a pan, pour some eggs mixed with a little milk and parmesan over it, bake it...

Forum List

Back