If i smoked a pork butt on Sunday

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
would it still be good to serve on Wednesday?
At work, we are doing this thing where everyday till chrsitmas, two people both bring something for break. I want to grill something and the ladies here LOVE butts, and I make a killer one. But there is no way I can smoke a butt Tuesday night.
Do you think it would still be good enough to serve or do I need to think of something else?

Seriously, I think meat often has a better taste when the spices have longer to absorb and mix.

would it still be good to serve on Wednesday?
At work, we are doing this thing where everyday till chrsitmas, two people both bring something for break. I want to grill something and the ladies here LOVE butts, and I make a killer one. But there is no way I can smoke a butt Tuesday night.
Do you think it would still be good enough to serve or do I need to think of something else?
Should be fine, refrigerated.

I was going to keep all the juices from the cook and thought about shredding it and leaving it soaking in that for 2 days.

i think you're probably Ok.

another option is to cut the butt in half and do it monday or tuesday. Cooking time is based on thickness, after all, so reduce the thickness to the point that it makes it actually feasible to do Tuesday if you want to eliminate any possibility of it not holding for 3 days. cut it into 4 inch thick slabs or something similar and it should only take a couple of hours.

Or cook it sunday, and freeze then thaw tuesday. I wouldn't want to do that, and I doubt you do either, but it's an option with an eye toward the safety aspect of things.

and make a slaw. I know traditionally it is used with mayo, but I thought about using plain yogurt. That's what I do with my chicken salad and its awesome

another option is to cut the butt in half and do it monday or tuesday. Cooking time is based on thickness, after all, so reduce the thickness to the point that it makes it actually feasible to do Tuesday if you want to eliminate any possibility of it not holding for 3 days. cut it into 4 inch thick slabs or something similar and it should only take a couple of hours.

Or cook it sunday, and freeze then thaw tuesday. I wouldn't want to do that, and I doubt you do either, but it's an option with an eye toward the safety aspect of things.
We have an oven here. So I could warm it up real good in there.
Do you think slicing it up like that would be just as good as doing it whole?

do it whole then shred it with a sauce and you can nuke it at work or reheat it in the oven....keep it simple...and you could give people a choice of sauces some people love the eastern vinegar stuff....

who the fuck puts yogurt in slaw....can yall not gets dukes?

A barb-q restaurant just opened up in town, and the guy is from the south. I've never had pulled pork or that stuff before, so it's pretty exciting. It's been busy every day so far, so it must be half way good. I'm checking it out Thursday night, I think.

do it whole then shred it with a sauce and you can nuke it at work or reheat it in the oven....keep it simple...and you could give people a choice of sauces some people love the eastern vinegar stuff....

who the fuck puts yogurt in slaw....can yall not gets dukes?
I was going to do my sauce and some store bought stuff.
Nobody that I know of, but nobody puts yogurt in chicken salad either. lol
Don't know what dukes is

ya got any muslims over there?

yea but they are all in Qatar at the moment :eek:

yea but they are all in Qatar at the moment :eek:

put some in the freezer for their RETURN

A barb-q restaurant just opened up in town, and the guy is from the south. I've never had pulled pork or that stuff before, so it's pretty exciting. It's been busy every day so far, so it must be half way good. I'm checking it out Thursday night, I think.

You will enjoy it. Take extra napkins. :)

1 dont eat shit out of weird ppls kitchens
2 youre bringin leftovers? whatta dick!!

1 dont eat shit out of weird ppls kitchens
2 youre bringin leftovers? whatta dick!!
Lol we do stuff like this all the time. Its usually pretty good. For Thanksgiving, this guys great grandmother made sweet potato casserole.. That woman should be locked up. Im addicted for LIFE

The last place I worked was full of good cooks and we used any excuse for a feed, same as your office. We'd start at 8 a.m. and graze straight through. The meal at lunch was always overkill.
You don't know what you're missing, finicky GT.
I adore sweet potato pie and sweet potato casserole. No marshmallows, though! They're sweet enough.

Forum List

Back