If corporate taxes are at their lowest rate, and productivity and profits are at...

Well...it is a drop dead certainty that this dismal economy shows us what a freaking joke the whole trickly down theory is, that's for damned sure.

That will not, of course, stop faith based fools from believing it.

LOL I keep hearing about this theory.

Now place that with legislation that made it law and we can move on.

Or continue to use coined phrases that have little meaning.

China isn't threatening companies with redistribution of wealth. China isn't burdening manufacturing with regulatory burdens designed to drive them out of China. As much as the US has been driving companies out of the US, it's a wonder ANY are left here at all. Maybe after there are a few strikes and protests to shut them down, those will leave too.

The real reason companies aren't hiring is that the economy is too unstable. Get obama out of office and replace him with someone who doesn't believe in Cloward-Piven as the gospel, it will pick up.

Hm, labor is the last thing to recover after a recession. So the labor picture still looks bad.
Amazing no one is blaming Obama. They'd rather blame ROmney, who isnt the president. Yet.

The next phase is the "McJobs recovery" when the Left screams about all American workers get is the crumbs because you see growth in low wage jobs.
Then we get full employment and the left is screaming because pizza delivery guys arent paid the same as the CEO.
The Left is filled with economic boobs and ignoramuses who have forgotten any history. If they ever knew it.

Romney is one of the people that shipped jobs overseas. Romney represents, perfectly, the 1% that values profits over everything else, including this country and its economy.

You can pretend that the income inequality in this country (which is worse than the income inequality in ancient Rome) doesn't matter...but it does and it is mattering more and more every day. I mean, you really want to talk about ignoring history...what has happened when income inequality reaches levels like today, historically speaking?

Love the new avatar. Give up on Perry, the little Dumber Boy, did you?

Wow. So you figured it was finally safe to come out of the closet and stop praising Romney as the "sensible" Republican?

I never praised Romney. I pointed out facts that you didn't like because you hate Romney with the heat of a thousand white hot suns.

I've said that Romney will be Republicans best chance at beating Obama because he is the only candidate (other than Huntsman) that can appeal to the squishy bottom independents. That in no way equates to praise for Romney.

I believe that, while Romney is the GOPs best chance of beating Obama, I don't actually think that he will beat Obama....it's just the only contest that won't be a landslide for Obama.

I'm still holding out hope that frothy Santorum can pull this one out (but I know it's just a pipe dream).

I never praised Romney. I pointed out facts that you didn't like because you hate Romney with the heat of a thousand white hot suns.

I've said that Romney will be Republicans best chance at beating Obama because he is the only candidate (other than Huntsman) that can appeal to the squishy bottom independents. That in no way equates to praise for Romney.

I believe that, while Romney is the GOPs best chance of beating Obama, I don't actually think that he will beat Obama....it's just the only contest that won't be a landslide for Obama.

I'm still holding out hope that frothy Santorum can pull this one out (but I know it's just a pipe dream).

Oh, please don't throw me into the briar patch B'rer Fox.

Please, you guys wouldn't have praised Romney if you didn't plan on ripping him on the exact same issues I rip him on.

What bugs me about this is why the GOP is dumb enough to fall for it. Because we've already been tricked like this with McCain. When the left starts praising your guy, run from him in a serpentine pattern.

I do concede the rest of them are weak. But I think a real conservative would fire up the base and do a lot better than, "Well, maybe I can get squishy moderates to vote for me."

Yeah, we sent John McCain out to look for those Squishy moderates. He got 2 million less votes than Bush got.

We have, though trade laws, and tax laws, and various laws that give advantages to big capital and always at the expense of the working people, wrecked this economy.

Of course, if you're one of the chosen ones, or one of their loyal servants, this has worked out very well for you.

But the nation itself is much worse off that it needs to be.

The GREED PHILOSOPHY and a representational system of government do not make good bedfellows.

I think trade is a big part of the problem, absolutely. But Democrats are as much free traders and Republicans are, so there's equal blame on that one.

But we have the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world.

We spend more on health care than any country in the world, and business bears the brunt of that.

Our Public Education, despite spending the most per capita in the world, produces the worst results. Seriously, getting qualified applicants is often a challenge.

This is pretty much it. Free trade agreements and a tax policy that favors outsourcing has destroyed our working sector. And it doesnt look like it's going to change any time soon, as every single politician from both sides of the isle think free trade agreements are super keen.

We have, though trade laws, and tax laws, and various laws that give advantages to big capital and always at the expense of the working people, wrecked this economy.

Of course, if you're one of the chosen ones, or one of their loyal servants, this has worked out very well for you.

But the nation itself is much worse off that it needs to be.

The GREED PHILOSOPHY and a representational system of government do not make good bedfellows.

I think trade is a big part of the problem, absolutely. But Democrats are as much free traders and Republicans are, so there's equal blame on that one.

No.

It's actually worse than that. the DEMS were more on board with FREE TRADE than the "traditional" GOP.

Two parties? Not anymore. Not, at leas, when it comes to protecting the RULING CLASS. IN that sense? There is only ONE party.

But we have the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world.

Do we? I doubt it.

We spend more on health care than any country in the world, and business bears the brunt of that.

Yeah, so?

Neither party appears to be remotely interested in fixing THAT problem.

Our Public Education, despite spending the most per capita in the world, produces the worst results. Seriously, getting qualified applicants is often a challenge.

Bit of an overstatement there.

We have an excellent educational system but it is not consistenly excellent.

Were I in charge I'd nationalize the whole k-12 system.

Letting real estate agencts and retirees chart the course of our tens of thousands of indpendent school districts is a very stupid way to manage our educational resources.

Hm, labor is the last thing to recover after a recession. So the labor picture still looks bad.
Amazing no one is blaming Obama. They'd rather blame ROmney, who isnt the president. Yet.

The next phase is the "McJobs recovery" when the Left screams about all American workers get is the crumbs because you see growth in low wage jobs.
Then we get full employment and the left is screaming because pizza delivery guys arent paid the same as the CEO.
The Left is filled with economic boobs and ignoramuses who have forgotten any history. If they ever knew it.

I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. What?

Why ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to answers other than what you've already decided is the correct one? Do you realize that you do exactly that with all of your strings, Billy?

Answer your own question...if corporate taxes are low, why aren't more companies hiring? You've stated as a "fact" that it's not regulations or the threat of coming regulations that is holding up hiring. I disagree with you. I think the threat of legislation that would increase the cost of doing business...like Cap & Trade and EPA regulations and ObamaCare...has made businesses cautious about increasing the size of their labor force until they see the economy improving.

Rabbi is a joke, so I will treat him as such.

So you are "disagreeing" with "facts"? Hmm. :lol:

You are really overreaching with this cap and trade thing. The threat of legislation? Come on. That is ridiculous. What imminent threat are corporations facing exactly?

And show me proof that ObamaCare has caused significant uncertainty.

Why ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to answers other than what you've already decided is the correct one? Do you realize that you do exactly that with all of your strings, Billy?

Answer your own question...if corporate taxes are low, why aren't more companies hiring? You've stated as a "fact" that it's not regulations or the threat of coming regulations that is holding up hiring. I disagree with you. I think the threat of legislation that would increase the cost of doing business...like Cap & Trade and EPA regulations and ObamaCare...has made businesses cautious about increasing the size of their labor force until they see the economy improving.

You are really overreaching with this cap and trade thing. The threat of legislation? Come on. That is ridiculous. What imminent threat are corporations facing exactly?

Uncertainty slows economy | obama, uncertainty, months - Obama is right - Burlington Times News

Now shut the fuck up.

Uncertainty slows economy | obama, uncertainty, months - Obama is right - Burlington Times News

Now shut the fuck up.

The uncertainty that Obama was referring to was the debt ceiling. That is no longer relevant. Ass.

When you are going to Google, at least read it before you post it.

Oh, please don't throw me into the briar patch B'rer Fox.

Please, you guys wouldn't have praised Romney if you didn't plan on ripping him on the exact same issues I rip him on.

What bugs me about this is why the GOP is dumb enough to fall for it. Because we've already been tricked like this with McCain. When the left starts praising your guy, run from him in a serpentine pattern.

I do concede the rest of them are weak. But I think a real conservative would fire up the base and do a lot better than, "Well, maybe I can get squishy moderates to vote for me."

Yeah, we sent John McCain out to look for those Squishy moderates. He got 2 million less votes than Bush got.

LOL...believe what you want, Joe, but I'm just telling it like I see it. I want ya'll to pick a Gingrich, Bachmann or frothy Santorum more than anything. It would be an Obama landslide. Romney will be close, but Obama will still win.

Now shut the fuck up.

The uncertainty that Obama was referring to was the debt ceiling. That is no longer relevant. Ass.

When you are going to Google, at least read it before you post it.

And cant read to boot. You will forever be a clown.

You can't just state that your opinion is "fact", Billy and expect that to be the end of the discussion. Sorry but that's not the way it works here. I disagree with you on what is a fact and what isn't. I've asked you to explain what YOU think has prompted the lack of hiring and instead of doing so you make a vague statement that I've overreached on "this cap and trade thing". In what way have I overreached? Would Cap & Trade legislation NOT have added billions to the energy costs of companies across the US? Would that NOT have affected the bottom line of all those companies? Do you really not understand that something as crucial as the cost of energy could determine whether a company decides to build a plant here as opposed to some other country that won't have those high energy costs?

As for ObamaCare not causing "uncertainty"? You're kidding...right? You're talking about a bill that was going to have MAJOR effect on the cost of health care and yet right up to the point of passage nobody knew what the heck was going to be in it. Or have you forgotten Nancy Pelosi standing on stage making an idiot of herself as she told us that in order to know what was "in" the bill that we needed to "pass" the bill? I've got news for you...the people that make personnel decisions for companies don't like that kind of thing.

Romney is one of the people that shipped jobs overseas. Romney represents, perfectly, the 1% that values profits over everything else, including this country and its economy.

You can pretend that the income inequality in this country (which is worse than the income inequality in ancient Rome) doesn't matter...but it does and it is mattering more and more every day. I mean, you really want to talk about ignoring history...what has happened when income inequality reaches levels like today, historically speaking?

Love the new avatar. Give up on Perry, the little Dumber Boy, did you?

What is the problem with income inequality, sweet-cheeks? I've asked this several times and no one can give a coherent answer. Based on the quality of your posts you're sure to fail as well.
Romney did not ship a single jon overseas. Just for the record.

Those that can will create a new market for products and services specifically designed to cater to this new business climate.

It is impossible for a business to "create a market" except by paying workers good wages.

what kind of world do you want?

One where the most important thing is Profit?

Or a world where the most important thing is people?

What is the problem with income inequality, sweet-cheeks? I've asked this several times and no one can give a coherent answer.

The problem with income inequality is that it is excessive. We have too much of it. This causes numerous problems both economic and social. It depresses consumer demand by lowering the incomes of most people (compared to what they could be), causing slack economic activity. It presents fewer opportunities for people to rise into the middle class, which creates social unrest. It results in accumulation of excess capital which, denied avenues of investment that would actually produced wealth, goes instead into the financial equivalent of gambling.

Narrowing income gaps would result in a much healthier economy and a much healthier society.

Why would I hire anyone if I can make a profit with what I have.

Employees are an expense. And they are the easiest expense to control.

When the CEO of Coca-Cola says that China (which let's not forget, is a fuckin' communist dictatorship!) is more business friendly than the US, how can you really argue that our regulatory and tax systems are just fine.

Coca-Cola- nothing screams American business more than that brand, and it's CEO says, "I'd find it easier to business in China than the US!"

But , nope, we should raise taxes and put a few more union cronies on the gravy train. That's the ticket. Yeah.

So because they can get forced labor in China cheaper than regular labor here, they should have lower taxes in the US?????

I think I just started boycotting coke. Nobody needs it that bad.

The Behavior of corporations is simple.

Argue for the best economic environment BEFORE you invest.

If you invest before you gain as much favorable conditions as possible, the politicians become much more resistant and even more demanding than if you hold out for more.

That is Corporatism 101.

I refuse to settle for a world where the most important thing is profits.

Forum List

Back