I was there!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKY2lpxMg8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKY2lpxMg8[/ame]

Being in a mess of druggies listening to lame music in a pouring down rain with no amenities.

Not my idea of a good time.

You are just too sophisticated for that world I suppose, a time of terror & horror ripped at America from Nam. It was a time of awakening, casting off all the restrictions and bs laid on us for about 40 years, well from the roaring 20's. You must have been born in the eye of the storm. Good thing they didn't have crack back then, but some of the psychedelic drugs, Leary & LSD, was pretty bad.

Suffice it to say, I believe I have found the girl that pulled me out of the mud, probably saving my life. She is a member here and wishes to remain anonymous. Her request will be honored. I owe her that and more.

Small world, huh.

That is epic cool, Ernie!
I'm pretty much floored. All this time, I've wanted to thank someone, ANYONE for a simple act of kindness and I meet the dirty blond goddess here.

So a couple days ago, I posted a picture of myself sitting on a tractor and I got a PM from my angel. She recognized my "eyes and nose" from so long ago. She has decided to allow me to tell y'all who she is.

Any guesses first?

That is epic cool, Ernie!
I'm pretty much floored. All this time, I've wanted to thank someone, ANYONE for a simple act of kindness and I meet the dirty blond goddess here.

So a couple days ago, I posted a picture of myself sitting on a tractor and I got a PM from my angel. She recognized my "eyes and nose" from so long ago. She has decided to allow me to tell y'all who she is.

Any guesses first?

Hillary Clinton?

Any guesses first?

Hillary Clinton?

I should neg you for that!

The acts are public record and most were included on the album and or movie. Creedence Clearwater Revival were missing from both, I believe and the Dead, as I remember, from the album.
From Richie Havens Friday evening, to Jimi Hendrix closing out the show with the Star Spangled Banner at dawn on Monday the weekend was full of music, mud, bad hoagies and worse acid.
I made pretty good money in those days and had about a grand with me. I decided that when the NY National Guard brought in a couple hundred thousand sandwiches, that I'd buy a case and a hundred hits of acid. I passed it all out to people near me. There were people getting sick on the sandwiches and then Arlo Guthrie comes out on stage and says :Don't eat the brown acid", Talk about paranoia!.

So I guess it was Saturday night. The Grateful Dead took to the oriental rug on stage and I was down front. I found the people from the U-Haul and out came this huge tarp being passed back to cover several hundred people. Then this kilo of opium gets passed around and everyone pinches off a piece and fires up a pipe. I don't remember a lot until the next morning. I awoke up on the hill with a girl shouting at me. I had passed out in the mud and she saw only the front of my face as she slogged by.
I mean I was TOTALLY covered except for my mouth nose and eyes. There was mud packed in my ears. My hair was a mass of mud and I guess if she hadn't found me and helped me to sit up, none of you would have to worry about me negging you.

So it was off to the famous pond. I found about 50,000 others caked in mud swimming nude and scrubbing their clothes. Peace, love and naked women! Gotta love it.

CCR had just played at the Atlantic City Pop Festival and had probably had enough of it.

I was there for that one and passed on Woodstock, thinking I'd had enough of dirtbagging and hunger, and besides I told myself...how good can a concert be that's playing in a Berg in upstate New York?

Oops!

The acts are public record and most were included on the album and or movie. Creedence Clearwater Revival were missing from both, I believe and the Dead, as I remember, from the album.
From Richie Havens Friday evening, to Jimi Hendrix closing out the show with the Star Spangled Banner at dawn on Monday the weekend was full of music, mud, bad hoagies and worse acid.
I made pretty good money in those days and had about a grand with me. I decided that when the NY National Guard brought in a couple hundred thousand sandwiches, that I'd buy a case and a hundred hits of acid. I passed it all out to people near me. There were people getting sick on the sandwiches and then Arlo Guthrie comes out on stage and says :Don't eat the brown acid", Talk about paranoia!.

So I guess it was Saturday night. The Grateful Dead took to the oriental rug on stage and I was down front. I found the people from the U-Haul and out came this huge tarp being passed back to cover several hundred people. Then this kilo of opium gets passed around and everyone pinches off a piece and fires up a pipe. I don't remember a lot until the next morning. I awoke up on the hill with a girl shouting at me. I had passed out in the mud and she saw only the front of my face as she slogged by.
I mean I was TOTALLY covered except for my mouth nose and eyes. There was mud packed in my ears. My hair was a mass of mud and I guess if she hadn't found me and helped me to sit up, none of you would have to worry about me negging you.

So it was off to the famous pond. I found about 50,000 others caked in mud swimming nude and scrubbing their clothes. Peace, love and naked women! Gotta love it.

CCR had just played at the Atlantic City Pop Festival and had probably had enough of it.

I was there for that one and passed on Woodstock, thinking I'd had enough of dirtbagging and hunger, and besides I told myself...how good can a concert be that's playing in a Berg in upstate New York?

Oops!

It was well worth the trip especially for me and one other USMB member. Got a guess who? I'm kind of chomping at the bit here, but would like to get more people involved.

Forum List

Back