I was there!

That girl was really an angel! This is not a joke, TM. I can't reveal the contents of PM's without permission, but I may now know the answer to the biggest unanswered question in my life.
Honey, you cannot reveal the contents of a PM even with permission, unless the PM is a rep comment.
I think you just need permission from the other person:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

Posting information gained through private messages is prohibited unless specific permission is granted in a public forum and/or to a USMB staff member from the member who is a participant in the PM conversation.

We almost all think that's the way the rules apply, Mad, but evidentially not:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2765108-post4.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2765142-post15.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2765163-post19.html

That girl was really an angel! This is not a joke, TM. I can't reveal the contents of PM's without permission, but I may now know the answer to the biggest unanswered question in my life.

Honey, you cannot reveal the contents of a PM even with permission, unless the PM is a rep comment.

PM me and spill the beans, pronto!

Please? LOL. (God, I am nosey.)

@ TM....I bet many a baby was made at Woodstock!
I can't, no matter how much I want to. She has the option and my permission to PM you, but I doubt she would. My angel was adamant about remaining anonymous.

Suffice it to say, I believe I have found the girl that pulled me out of the mud, probably saving my life. She is a member here and wishes to remain anonymous. Her request will be honored. I owe her that and more.

Small world, huh.

You can tell the story though.

elaborate.

Suffice it to say, I believe I have found the girl that pulled me out of the mud, probably saving my life. She is a member here and wishes to remain anonymous. Her request will be honored. I owe her that and more.

Small world, huh.

That is epic cool, Ernie!
I'm pretty much floored. All this time, I've wanted to thank someone, ANYONE for a simple act of kindness and I meet the dirty blond goddess here.

Small world, huh.

You can tell the story though.

elaborate.
From my post #6 in this thread:

So I guess it was Saturday night. The Grateful Dead took to the oriental rug on stage and I was down front. I found the people from the U-Haul and out came this huge tarp being passed back to cover several hundred people. Then this kilo of opium gets passed around and everyone pinches off a piece and fires up a pipe. I don't remember a lot until the next morning. I awoke up on the hill with a girl shouting at me. I had passed out in the mud and she saw only the front of my face as she slogged by.
I mean I was TOTALLY covered except for my mouth nose and eyes. There was mud packed in my ears. My hair was a mass of mud and I guess if she hadn't found me and helped me to sit up, none of you would have to worry about me negging you.

My drugged out condition and 42 years have made the memories hazy, but this fine woman saved a life that day, very likely mine.

Did she know something no one else would know about the inccident which proved it was her?

Did she know something no one else would know about the inccident which proved it was her?
Pretty much... She described what she looked like and what she said. As close as I can remember, she recalls it as I do. I suppose there were other angels present on the hill, but I need to believe I've found mine. It helps that she has become a good and decent woman.

She remembers almost her exact words, but I remember her shouting at me and spitting mud like she describes. She sat me up, made sure I was OK and disappeared.

A friend of mine was a counselor at a nearby Boy Scout camp. As he tells it, some of the performers were shuttled over there for some grub and R&R.

Each morning Chuck and another camp leader started the day with a flag rasing followed by the Star Spangled Banner. Chuck on horn, and his buddy strumming a guitar.

Again- how he tells it - Hendrix walked by, paused to listen, then went back over to the stage to perform. The Star Spangled Banner.

cool.....

hey, what was your draft number?
At that point, I had a medical deferment. I had been drafted into the Marines on March 19, 69.
I was completely ready to go when medical records came to light re my rather serious allergy to bee stings. . A whole "nuther story, maybe for another time.'I eventually ended up with a number over 300 but was married with a child by that time.

A friend of mine was a counselor at a nearby Boy Scout camp. As he tells it, some of the performers were shuttled over there for some grub and R&R.

Each morning Chuck and another camp leader started the day with a flag rasing followed by the Star Spangled Banner. Chuck on horn, and his buddy strumming a guitar.

Again- how he tells it - Hendrix walked by, paused to listen, then went back over to the stage to perform. The Star Spangled Banner.
As I remember, Hendrix took the stage about 4 AM and finished his set with The Star Spangled Banner at dawn.

Oh wow. How cool is that???

Small world, huh.

A toast to Woodstock!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLDalZ4-53g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLDalZ4-53g[/ame]

As I remember, Hendrix took the stage about 4 AM and finished his set with The Star Spangled Banner at dawn.

I shall bring that to his attention next time we meet. He is quite the bullshitter but his story hasn't changed in the 30 years I've known him. LOL
I am enjoying this thread. :thup:

Do you mean pleasant?

susanboyle-2.jpg

Or nice?
a-random-hot-chicks-r5-21.jpg

Forum List

Back