I was there!

Aaah Cosmic Carlos! I hadn't really noticed Santana by 69 and was overwhelmed!
If you watch the video Maddie posted above, you'll see Carlos smile at the end. He had been trying so hard to stay in character, but he looked out and saw a half million people, literally all on their feet. WOW!!

42 years later and he still makes me dance.

Paul Simon said this was the best redition of this song ever made.

Do you remember seeing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to Bert Sommer. He played for less than an hour Friday night and had everyone on their feet. I figured he'd be big, but he kind of disappeared. He died in 1990.
Thanks for reviving a pleasant memory.

Being in a mess of druggies listening to lame music in a pouring down rain with no amenities.

Not my idea of a good time.

Lame music? I'm kind of wondering what you think is good music. Was some not up to snuff? I'm sure. But I've always wished it was somethng I had been able to do. Unfortunately, my folks weren't rocker types and wouldn't have brought a toddler anyway. :doubt:

Day 1
Richie Havens
Country Joe McDonald
John Sebastian
Sweetwater
Incredible String Band
Bert Sommer
Tim Hardin
Ravi Shankar
Melanie
Arlo Guthrie
Joan Baez

Day 2
Quill
Keef Hartley Band
Santana
Canned Heat
Grateful Dead
Mountain
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Sly and the Family Stone
Janis Joplin
The Who

Day 3
Jefferson Airplane
Joe Cocker
Country Joe and the Fish
Ten Years After
The Band

After Midnight Monday a.m.
Blood Sweat and Tears
Johnny Winter
Crosby Stills Nash & Young
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Sha Na Na
Jimi Hendrix

Woodstock 1969 Lineup and Songlist

What happened to Bert Sommer. He played for less than an hour Friday night and had everyone on their feet. I figured he'd be big, but he kind of disappeared. He died in 1990.
Thanks for reviving a pleasant memory.

He is known as the lost performer at woodstock.

He got the first standing ovation I believe.

Funny thing is I just found the woodstock album at a junk store about a week ago.

I still love vinyl

That girl was really an angel! This is not a joke, TM. I can't reveal the contents of PM's without permission, but I may now know the answer to the biggest unanswered question in my life.

That girl was really an angel! This is not a joke, TM. I can't reveal the contents of PM's without permission, but I may now know the answer to the biggest unanswered question in my life.

Honey, you cannot reveal the contents of a PM even with permission, unless the PM is a rep comment.

PM me and spill the beans, pronto!

Please? LOL. (God, I am nosey.)

@ TM....I bet many a baby was made at Woodstock!

I was just being funny.

Im glad you have your question answered after all these years.

Are you going to fill us in or just tease us?

The question will go unanswered publicly but, well, here's to you.......

Attachments

• $angel.jpg
    $angel.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 54
Honey, you cannot reveal the contents of a PM even with permission, unless the PM is a rep comment.
I think you just need permission from the other person:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

Posting information gained through private messages is prohibited unless specific permission is granted in a public forum and/or to a USMB staff member from the member who is a participant in the PM conversation.

Suffice it to say, I believe I have found the girl that pulled me out of the mud, probably saving my life. She is a member here and wishes to remain anonymous. Her request will be honored. I owe her that and more.

Small world, huh.

Forum List

Back