I think we all agree

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
The US should not try to police the world and should not engage in nation building. We should not enter foreign conflicts unless the USA or its people have been physically attacked.

Comments-------------------

Go burn a flag and spit on a soldier.
You'll feel better

screw yourself. You have no idea who I am or what I believe. I am tired to seeing our kids killed and maimed for nothing, and when the interests of this country were not at risk. Until we learn the lesson of Viet Nam the useless deaths will continue.

We need to mind our own business and let the rest of the world mind theirs.

Bush supporters and Obama supporters disagree, they still want endless war with a budget that we have no ability to pay for.

I've sat in enough airports watching enough legless soldiers being pushed in enough wheelchairs by their young sons. We've spent enough trillions of dollars on enough erroneous "intelligence" reports. We've wasted enough lives and limbs and minds and dollars building countries that will fall back to the enemy the moment we leave. We've inspired enough young men to join terrorist organizations out of hatred for our interference.

Madness.

I've sat in enough airports watching enough legless soldiers being pushed in enough wheelchairs by their young sons. We've spent enough trillions of dollars on enough erroneous "intelligence" reports. We've wasted enough lives and limbs and minds and dollars building countries that will fall back to the enemy the moment we leave. We've inspired enough young men to join terrorist organizations out of hatred for our interference.

Madness.

Well said, thanks for helping make my point.

I'll give myself up. I was thrilled when we all went into Afghanistan. I yes a conservative have been a womans right's activist in the ME for a long time and at war on the net with the Taliban since the 90's.

I thought we could rebuild. I thought we could change things. I believed.

Oh I have been so sadly mistaken. And my heart is broken that we lost so many good young men and women fighting such a losing battle.

All for a dream that in the end will never come true.

We tried that after WWI, did not work out.

Uhhhhhh, can you say Pearl Harbor? We did not start that shit, but we finished it---as we should have.

How many died in WWII? And after, under Soviet & Chinese totalitarianism? Fascism & Communism are two sides of the same coin.

where is it written that the USA should sacrifice its young people to try to rid the world of bad people?

I am not advocating pacifism, just stop trying to force the world to live as we live and believe what we believe.

If we are attacked, hit back and keep hitting until the attackers are dead. But if we or our allies are not attacked, stay the hell out of it.

Viet Nam posed no danger to the USA, What we were trying to stop happened anyway---after we lost 58.000 americans.

Go burn a flag and spit on a soldier.
You'll feel better

screw yourself. You have no idea who I am or what I believe. I am tired to seeing our kids killed and maimed for nothing, and when the interests of this country were not at risk. Until we learn the lesson of Viet Nam the useless deaths will continue.

We need to mind our own business and let the rest of the world mind theirs.

Why dont you enlist, asswipe

I'll give myself up. I was thrilled when we all went into Afghanistan. I yes a conservative have been a womans right's activist in the ME for a long time and at war on the net with the Taliban since the 90's.

I thought we could rebuild. I thought we could change things. I believed.

Oh I have been so sadly mistaken. And my heart is broken that we lost so many good young men and women fighting such a losing battle.

All for a dream that in the end will never come true.

Bravo.

Thanks.

But I do want to bring up Rwanda. But do it so differently. You can and should go in and stop a genocide. We cannot look away. We cannot NOT take action.

But do it. Do it fast and quick. To hell with the United Nations. They are useless. And exact justice on the spot.

Forum List

Back