Shoving your gun's in everyone's faces to prove a point is beyond dumb (proof inside)

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
[ame=http://youtu.be/LtUOopHPlMc]Open Carry Texas visits Chili's - YouTube[/ame]

Let's take this group who clearly did this as a stunt. But for the sake of this argument we'll pretend they didn't.

First and foremost a RESPONSIBLE gun owner maintains full control of his/her firearms at all times. ESPECIALLY when out in public.

So explain to me how the fuck you're going to eat ribs or whatever in a restaurant WITH A FUCKING BABY at your side and MAINTAIN FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE? Simply throwing your rifle over your shoulder IS NOT securing it. And it certainly would not be impossible for some crazed nut to slice the cord and grab your gun.

This video and incidents like this will NOT garner you any support for your cause with the vast majority of the public. In fact I firmly believe idiotic stunts like this will backfire. Carrying your gun in public DOES NOTHING to protect your second amendment rights. That is done in congress.

I go out to eat at various restaurants nearly everyday and in my 47 years I have never seen any reason to carry an assault rifle to one.

Your rights deserver to be protected but intimidating the public is not the method to achieve that.

Open Carry Texas visits Chili's - YouTube

Let's take this group who clearly did this as a stunt. But for the sake of this argument we'll pretend they didn't.

First and foremost a RESPONSIBLE gun owner maintains full control of his/her firearms at all times. ESPECIALLY when out in public.

So explain to me how the fuck you're going to eat ribs or whatever in a restaurant WITH A FUCKING BABY at your side and MAINTAIN FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE? Simply throwing your rifle over your shoulder IS NOT securing it. And it certainly would not be impossible for some crazed nut to slice the cord and grab your gun.

This video and incidents like this will NOT garner you any support for your cause with the vast majority of the public. In fact I firmly believe idiotic stunts like this will backfire. Carrying your gun in public DOES NOTHING to protect your second amendment rights. That is done in congress.

I go out to eat at various restaurants nearly everyday and in my 47 years I have never seen any reason to carry an assault rifle to one.

Your rights deserver to be protected but intimidating the public is not the method to achieve that.

Good points all.

Keep pushing it gun nuts. We can always use more reasons to ban them. If people aren't comfortable taking the kids out to eat, that does me a lot of good and you, none at all.

Simply call police and file charges that you feel threatened and intimidated by uninformed gun people making stupid statements in public.

Oh and there is no intimidation involved. The gun grabber nuts use shock and awe so should the 2nd amendment defenders.

Horseshit. This is about either intimidation or about waving their dicks around because they can.

Now I am not one of the anti-gun people. You can find hundreds of my posts arguing against most of the ridiculous things the anti-gunners say. But carrying an rifle into a restaurant is beyond stupid.

First of all, where do you put it while you eat? Wear it strapped on your back? Sounds uncomfortable as hell to me. Or do you lean it in a corner or shove it under the table? That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, not to mention the minor damages the gun can sustain from being treated in such a manner.

Second of all, there are different guns for different uses. If you are going to spend money on something to defend yourself in a restaurant or social setting, buy a handgun. In fact, that is what the open carry started out as, people wearing a holstered handgun in the open. No big deal. The weapon is safe and secured. But a rifle?? Why? Do you think you will be better able to use a long gun in tight spaces? If so, we need to talk.

Third of all, despite the 2nd Amendment, the influence of the NRA and the popularity of firearms, there are people working to restrict gun owners and gun rights. Why feed them when it accomplishes nothing. I have always despised the notion that gun buffs buy guns to compensate for a little dick. But these idiots make it hard to argue that the saying is true for some. There is simply no reason to do such ridiculous things as carrying an AK-47 into a Chili's.

As a serious proponent of the 2nd Amendment, do us all a favor and try and be a bit more civilized. Leave the insanity to the lunatics who claim the 2nd is about militia.

Last edited:
Horseshit. This is about either intimidation or about waving their dicks around because they can.
I don't trust OC guys. It's tactically disadvantageous for hand guns and a rifle is more of an offensive weapon vs defensive. You don't need that kind of range in a restaurant. Clearly some other objective is at play. And they keep losing ground when they press the issue but don't connect the dots.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

2nd amendment isn't up for debate. Take it where they want when they want. Not harming anyone,merely exercising their rights.

Nonsense. Your rights do not supercede someone elses personal property rights.

Really, check the public accommodation laws, business owners don't have full private property rights, if they did I might be a bit more agreeable to your POV.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

If you think the answer is carrying an AK47 into Chili's to have dinner, you are asking the wrong questions.

Regardless of their point of view the 2nd is on your side. As I stated in 47 years I have NEVER seen a long gun in a restaurant setting. So why the sudden need to not only do it but make it a public spectacle?

Mark my words, if these incidents continue public polling will begin to slip away from you. I also bet you that 90% or more of national chains will follow suit if this idiocy continues.

Forum List

Back