Haiku Moments

praying for justice
Father, Son, Holy Spirit
will surely bless us
As I sorta recall----reading-----George was from a long line of Anglicans----
but slightly indifferent----more a social sunday guy. So he sorta was a DEIST--
like Franklin and Jefferson. -----ie He overcame his roots

Didn't think my illness was reflective, irosie91, but symptoms are what they are, except I omitted the fever pitch. Thanks. A blessing on your head. I do need a little nap.
OMIGOD----YOU GOT THE VIRUS? I went thru it too------a real bitch----sorry

OMIGOD----YOU GOT THE VIRUS? I went thru it too------a real bitch----sorry
three Sunday virus
missing the minister's speech
made for the hearing

glad it is over
or at least it seems to be
after the relapse

sorry you had it
hope you will stay well for life
only good wishes!​

Thanks, irosie91. The doctor's test showed I didn't have covid. She mumbled something about chronic bronchitis, though. This wasn't like any bronchitis I ever had. My flem was thick as pea soup except for not being green. Whatever I had/have is a really unwelcome visitor. At least my coughing is less than yesterday, but my back and chest are sore from hacking away. Think I'll stick to my haiku poetry. <giggle>

this summer weather
broke all the records it seems
never been hotter​

Thanks, irosie91. The doctor's test showed I didn't have covid. She mumbled something about chronic bronchitis, though. This wasn't like any bronchitis I ever had. My flem was thick as pea soup except for not being green. Whatever I had/have is a really unwelcome visitor. At least my coughing is less than yesterday, but my back and chest are sore from hacking away. Think I'll stick to my haiku poetry. <giggle>

this summer weather
broke all the records it seems
never been hotter​
the doc MAY have been saying that you have chronic bronchitis with an acute viral infection
on top----Bronchitis patients are VULNERABLE. Uhm ---it is clear that I am not your doc--BUT
if you smoke GIVE IT UP (off the record)

the doc MAY have been saying that you have chronic bronchitis with an acute viral infection
on top----Bronchitis patients are VULNERABLE. Uhm ---it is clear that I am not your doc--BUT
if you smoke GIVE IT UP (off the record)
I smoked one cigarette when I was a teenager, and it made me throw up. Cured me of forming a deadly habit. My mother was a 3-packs-a-day smoker for the first 20 years of my life. I was just fine until we moved to Wyoming, and I spent 35 frosty years of cruelly cold winters until we retired. I had bronchitis every winter for 35 years, basically. I just picked up some airborne virus, here where we're having 103-106 Farenheit daylight lately. I now avoid any contact with cigarette smoke. It makes me susceptible to restarting my chronic bronchitis episodes. Thanks for your kind words. Love, beautress :sleep:

I smoked one cigarette when I was a teenager, and it made me throw up. Cured me of forming a deadly habit. My mother was a 3-packs-a-day smoker for the first 20 years of my life. I was just fine until we moved to Wyoming, and I spent 35 frosty years of cruelly cold winters until we retired. I had bronchitis every winter for 35 years, basically. I just picked up some airborne virus, here where we're having 103-106 Farenheit daylight lately. I now avoid any contact with cigarette smoke. It makes me susceptible to restarting my chronic bronchitis episodes. Thanks for your kind words. Love, beautress :sleep:
your history fascinated me. My dad was a heavy smoker---and in my high school
the girls complained all the time---MY MOM WON'T LET ME SMOKE---so naturally
I decided to try it. I took one of my dad's cigs---lit up and INHALED deeply---like
he always did----I was coughing for a week and never tried it again. Dad died of
respiratory failure---age 69 which for him was young since he had absolutely
nothing else---NOTHING--no hypertension or cardiac or obesity---nothing but
a lifetime of CIGARETTES

Hickory Dickory doc
What kinda med school did he go
To?
Welcome to the 17-syllable world of haiku, BackAgain.

I hope you try again.

Line 1 requires 5 syllables (or counts)
Line 2 , 7 syllables
Line 3, 5 syllables

I'm going to take a stab at using some of your words above in true Haiku 17 counting, but it likely will not have the same meaning as your 16-count 3 liner.

Hickory tic-toc.........................................5 counts
At Woody's medical school...................7 counts
He lost his timing....................................5 counts

Haiku has a wavy feel when you catch on to the counts
And getting it right makes it very relaxing as a poetry medium.
The third line is best when it refers to a lesson learned, makes others think, and when it references the gentle coolness of the wavy feel.
Now, trash what I just said and have a good time with the 5-7-5 line count in any way you want to share an observation that can be best said by only you.
I hope you try again in traditional Haiku language count. After you realize how relaxing the 5-7-5 completed lines, which sometimes takes a little change
You will catch on to how relaxing it can be. That is truly beneficial on a day when nothing else seems right. And you'll feel classy when you catch onto the always-laconic
haiku world.
Again, welcome to the relaxing world of haiku.

Welcome to the 17-syllable world of haiku, BackAgain.

I hope you try again.

Line 1 requires 5 syllables (or counts)
Line 2 , 7 syllables
Line 3, 5 syllables

I'm going to take a stab at using some of your words above in true Haiku 17 counting, but it likely will not have the same meaning as your 16-count 3 liner.

Hickory tic-toc.........................................5 counts
At Woody's medical school...................7 counts
He lost his timing....................................5 counts

Haiku has a wavy feel when you catch on to the counts
And getting it right makes it very relaxing as a poetry medium.
The third line is best when it refers to a lesson learned, makes others think, and when it references the gentle coolness of the wavy feel.
Now, trash what I just said and have a good time with the 5-7-5 line count in any way you want to share an observation that can be best said by only you.
I hope you try again in traditional Haiku language count. After you realize how relaxing the 5-7-5 completed lines, which sometimes takes a little change
You will catch on to how relaxing it can be. That is truly beneficial on a day when nothing else seems right. And you'll feel classy when you catch onto the always-laconic
haiku world.
Again, welcome to the relaxing world of haiku.
Hickory dickory I don’t care
What the fuck? Where!
And so forth.

Forum List

Back