I Keep Getting Redirected ...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Sarah G, Jun 6, 2014.

1. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,707
    My system had been experiencing a number of problems beginning with a sluggish typing response in message windows which increased to a dead stop, then froze the screen entirely. I had to exit USMB to escape it.

Then there was spontaneous audio that sounded like a tv commercial. The only way I could get rid of it was to kill my speakers.

Then, while typing, certain words and combinations of words became red and underlined.

Then each time I tried to log onto USMB a full page spoof with FlashPlayer logo was demanding I DOWNLOAD it -- which I would not. That had me locked out of USMB all day yesterday.

I took no action. But today I addressed USMB and, voila, everything seemed back to normal -- with one exception; two rows of red, underlined words and word combinations at the bottom of my screen, same as those mentioned above. Scrolling over these words causes pop-up ads.

Any of that seem familiar to you?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +36,597
    Not familiar in anything that's happened lately, no. I've seen no red lines, heard no pop-up audio, seen no virus warnings, no flash player notice or issues, no freezes, nothing whatsoever out of all that.

I have had the hesitation in the text box in the past, which turned out to be on my end -- which is why my first thought was that it was a user issue. I did get flash issues (not false messages to download something but just playing or loading) when I was using Chrome a while back. When I swapped over to Opera those stopped.

And that same while back I did start to get other pop-up video ads at the bottom that posters were talking about. I loaded AdBlock Plus at that time, and they went away. I really haven't had an issue since. I haven't signed out of the site in probably several months and I didn't do the cache clearance advised here, since I had no issues.

So whatever all this was about, I missed the whole thing. :crybaby:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  3. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,676
    That was interesting. These jerks paid for just one year URL rights. Looks like daioplayer plans to leave town soon. :D if we just had the GPS coordinates in Russia, we could call in a drone strike.. Oh wait, We DO have the GPS coordinates. :D Get Jack Bauer in here and dial up the Eglin Drone Op......

4. Statistikhengst

Statistikhengst תיקון עולם, this will never end Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,648

24 hours...

24 hours....

24 hours........

5. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,742
    I was getting the redirected thing for a day or two as well it's gone now the strange thing was if I posted from my phone I wasn't getting that.

6. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,788
    The point is, no one should be treated that way by someone with the power to ban for replying in kind.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,788
    I don't do Windows. I don't do Mac. I don't need virus or malware protection. My OS and all my software is free. On line support is free. I don't need to reboot every day or even every month. I did reboot Thursday but only because of a major OS update to the kernel or core of the operating system. I had gone roughly 90 days since the last reboot.

8. RKMBrown

RKMBrown Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    Mac OS is free, you don't need virus programs, you don't need support, it comes with tons of kick ass software for free as well.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  9. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,026
    Oh, get serious! ...and quit being such a goddamned baby!

10. Statistikhengst

Statistikhengst תיקון עולם, this will never end Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,648

:thup: