I Keep Getting Redirected ...

Ok ladies and gents we should be back to normal. I'd recommend logging out, navigating away from the site and cleaning temp internet files/cache/cookies and logging back in.

I'm posting on IE with no add-ons/ad blocks and it's all clear (I couldn't even get on site b4)

What a frustrating couple days. With that said, enjoy and have a great weekend. Apologies for the disruption.

thanks. Just did that for all three of my browsers- FF, IE, & Chrome. Will see how it goes.

Problem has gotten better. Don't know whether you did anything at USMB or if I just hit the right buttons on the LavaSoft adware S/W I installed..

This time I logged on -- I got one blocking ad after I took the screenshots and none since..
I don't know if AdWare has repaired anything on your system but I haven't done a thing in the way of fixes on my system (because I don't know how) and my situation has almost completely cleared up. So obviously the Administrator is fixing it.

I did try to install that Adobe flash and McAfee blocked my effort with a huge warning. I had an option to force it but was warned by McAfee they would drop me, if I did. They were taking NO chances.

My gawd...who can you trust. The Adobe logo was authentic looking.
It certainly was very authentic-looking. The only reason I wasn't fooled by it is the very bad experience I once had with a similar situation. I downloaded a spoof that caused a virus infection so bad my entire system had to be wiped out and reloaded. I lost a lot of important word-processor files.

That was a lesson hard-learned.

AdBlockPlus is the way to go.

It pops up on my windows 8 phone using explorer, windows 8.1 PC using FireFox or explorer when ad block / pop-up blocker is turned off on USMB, & 2 windows XP PC's FireFox when ad block is turned off on USMB. I need to find a ad blocker for my phone, because it makes USMB on my phone impossible.

I suspect USMB website is infected with malware.
No doubt about that. The problems I've had occur nowhere else.

Step 1: have friend lift up computer.

Step 2: wrap huge condom all around computer.

Step 3: place computer back on computer desk.

Ok, yer good to go now.

You forgot one.

Put the wine glass down. :)

I'm About to fill mine up.

Prost!

I see absolutely nothing like this at all (on Opera with AdBlock Plus).

I was about to suggest it's in your system Sarah - maybe not but my text box has been fine and still no ads.

Special thanks for Rat Inna Hat for yet another obnoxious image to use "block element" on. I love swatting internet flies.
fly-eater-smiley-emoticon.gif
It's not her system. This apparently is a widespread problem. It had me completely locked out of USMB all day yesterday. When I tried to log on the site was interrupted by a full page "DOWNLOAD" to "Flash Player" demand.

Also, background audio, apparently a tv station, comes on and I had to kill my speakers to be rid of it.

This site is clearly under attack.

I understand that. I said I was about to suggest -- "was" means past tense. I was, until I saw that others were reporting similar things. So I simply posted the absence of any such manifestations on my end and described what I'm using, so that a comparison might indicate what was different. Not rocket surgery.

I read that it's been fixed but whatever it was, I never saw it at all.

I see absolutely nothing like this at all (on Opera with AdBlock Plus).

I was about to suggest it's in your system Sarah - maybe not but my text box has been fine and still no ads.

Special thanks for Rat Inna Hat for yet another obnoxious image to use "block element" on. I love swatting internet flies.
fly-eater-smiley-emoticon.gif
It's not her system. This apparently is a widespread problem. It had me completely locked out of USMB all day yesterday. When I tried to log on the site was interrupted by a full page "DOWNLOAD" to "Flash Player" demand.

Also, background audio, apparently a tv station, comes on and I had to kill my speakers to be rid of it.

I understand that. I said I was about to suggest -- "was" means past tense. I was, until I saw that others were reporting similar things. So I simply posted the absence of any such manifestations on my end and described what I'm using, so that a comparison might indicate what was different. Not rocket surgery.

My system had been experiencing a number of problems beginning with a sluggish typing response in message windows which increased to a dead stop, then froze the screen entirely. I had to exit USMB to escape it.

Then there was spontaneous audio that sounded like a tv commercial. The only way I could get rid of it was to kill my speakers.

Then, while typing, certain words and combinations of words became red and underlined.

Then each time I tried to log onto USMB a full page spoof with FlashPlayer logo was demanding I DOWNLOAD it -- which I would not. That had me locked out of USMB all day yesterday.

I took no action. But today I addressed USMB and, voila, everything seemed back to normal -- with one exception; two rows of red, underlined words and word combinations at the bottom of my screen, same as those mentioned above. Scrolling over these words causes pop-up ads.

Any of that seem familiar to you?

Last edited:

My system had been experiencing a number of problems beginning with a sluggish typing response in message windows which increased to a dead stop, then froze the screen entirely. I had to exit USMB to escape it.

Then there was spontaneous audio that sounded like a tv commercial. The only way I could get rid of it was to kill my speakers.

Then, while typing, certain words and combinations of words became red and underlined.

Then each time I tried to log onto USMB a full page spoof with FlashPlayer logo was demanding I DOWNLOAD it -- which I would not. That had me locked out of USMB all day yesterday.

I took no action. But today I addressed USMB and, voila, everything seemed back to normal -- with one exception; two rows of red, underlined words and word combinations at the bottom of my screen, same as those mentioned above. Scrolling over these words causes pop-up ads.

Any of that seem familiar to you?

Not familiar in anything that's happened lately, no. I've seen no red lines, heard no pop-up audio, seen no virus warnings, no flash player notice or issues, no freezes, nothing whatsoever out of all that.

I have had the hesitation in the text box in the past, which turned out to be on my end -- which is why my first thought was that it was a user issue. I did get flash issues (not false messages to download something but just playing or loading) when I was using Chrome a while back. When I swapped over to Opera those stopped.

And that same while back I did start to get other pop-up video ads at the bottom that posters were talking about. I loaded AdBlock Plus at that time, and they went away. I really haven't had an issue since. I haven't signed out of the site in probably several months and I didn't do the cache clearance advised here, since I had no issues.

So whatever all this was about, I missed the whole thing. :crybaby:

Last edited:
I keep getting redirected to a page asking me to download a video player and also the quoted box for posting is still hesitating when you type.

Wtf is wrong with this site?

I was getting the redirected thing for a day or two as well it's gone now the strange thing was if I posted from my phone I wasn't getting that.

If you were in charge of running a website you'd understand that its not malware dumbass.

Wow! What a way to talk to a contributing member.
Why should CMs be treated differently? There are lots of dumbasses on USMB!

He's not the only dumbass contributing member!

You gotta remember the bell-shaped curves!

The point is, no one should be treated that way by someone with the power to ban for replying in kind.

The one sure fix is getting rid of the Microsoft virus.

It hit me on Chrome; fixing Chrome got rid of it. A sub section of CONDUIT.

I don't do Windows. I don't do Mac. I don't need virus or malware protection. My OS and all my software is free. On line support is free. I don't need to reboot every day or even every month. I did reboot Thursday but only because of a major OS update to the kernel or core of the operating system. I had gone roughly 90 days since the last reboot.

The one sure fix is getting rid of the Microsoft virus.

It hit me on Chrome; fixing Chrome got rid of it. A sub section of CONDUIT.

I don't do Windows. I don't do Mac. I don't need virus or malware protection. My OS and all my software is free. On line support is free. I don't need to reboot every day or even every month. I did reboot Thursday but only because of a major OS update to the kernel or core of the operating system. I had gone roughly 90 days since the last reboot.

Mac OS is free, you don't need virus programs, you don't need support, it comes with tons of kick ass software for free as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back