I have a casual question for the usership collectively

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Philosophy is, as the description of the sub-forum indicates, distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

So that's why I ask the question here.

Anyway. Why...oh why...did a ''private citizen'' (for reference and clarity with regard to my intent for asking, perform USMB keyword search for ''Hunter Biden is a private citizen'' pointing directly to the intent in which those keywords are/were historically invoked) arrive to court in what can be compared to a presidential motorcade, and what may very well be, depending on who was charged with its organization?

Last edited:
I assume that all close family of POTUS have SS protection, at least until that POTUS leaves office. Giving them regular rides on AF ONE and free, government-paid vacay's out of the country is another thing but, apparently, no one cares to make the scum pay.

Philosophy is ,as the description of the sub-forum indicates, is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

Anyway. Why...oh why...did a ''private citizen'' (for reference and clarity with regard to my intent for asking, perform USMB keyword search for ''Hunter Biden is a private citizen'' pointing directly to the intent in which those keywords are historically invoked) arrive to court in what can be compared to a presidential motorcade?
He's the president's son. He gets SS protection.

I have no argument with that.

Philosophy is, as the description of the sub-forum indicates, distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

Anyway. Why...oh why...did a ''private citizen'' (for reference and clarity with regard to my intent for asking, perform USMB keyword search for ''Hunter Biden is a private citizen'' pointing directly to the intent in which those keywords are/were historically invoked) arrive to court in what can be compared to a presidential motorcade, and what may very well be, depending on who was charged with its organization?
Son of the sitting president.
So what's the issue?

Son of the sitting president.
So what's the issue?

I think it devalues, and given the broad nature of the terms of controversy, delegitimizes/debunks the arbitrary invocation of such language as ''he's a private citizen,'' particularly when a sitting president is legitimately implicated in his so-called ''personal affairs'' that may perhaps affect matters of policy, both foreign and domestic.

I think it devalues, and given the broad nature of the terms of controversy, delegitimizes/debunks the arbitrary invocation of such language as ''he's a private citizen,'' particularly when a sitting president is legitimately implicated in his so-called ''personal affairs'' that may perhaps affect matters of policy, both foreign and domestic.
If...IF..IF

You really believed that you'd be demanding hearings on Kushner's billion+ payments from the Saudis, Trump's use of USAF to support his golf course, Trump's DC hotel...

But that's only your thing when it's HB who's never worked for the government.

So, then, I suppose what I'm asking is the relevance/value of the invocation of the notion that he's ''private citizen'' given the broad nature of the Legal and as well as foreign and domestic circumstances involving he and a sitting president across the board.

Most responses thus far indicate agreement that the fruit of the loins of a sitting president should, by default, get special protection simply because of, and for no other reason than, thier direct relationship to a given president?

So..why do people complain when they do get special treatment/special protection? Seems like chasing a ball around in a circle to me. :dunno:

Last edited:
If...IF..IF

You really believed that you'd be demanding hearings on Kushner's billion+ payments from the Saudis, Trump's use of USAF to support his golf course, Trump's DC hotel...

Well, you can start a thread about Kusher if you want. Feel free.

I may or may not participate. Depends on my mood. Heck. I've very likely hit that brood much, much harder than your bunch ever attempted on here. And none of that Mickey Mouse stuff either...

I'm getting ready to go out and cut my grass now, though.

Last edited:

Private citizens like Hunter and Jill Biden are in direct contact with the President. They have his ear, in fact, Joe Biden has previously-stated that Hunter is the "smartest guy I know." Therefore there is a very high probability that those "private citizens" are involved in influencing or even formulating governmental policies.

We all heard the hue and cry from the left during the Trump presidency, and the fears of how Trump's son/daughter/wife/son-in-law were interfering and influencing presidential policies. So why do we not hear the same concern from them about the Biden family? Why would their connections to Joe Biden be constantly trivialized by referring to them as "private citizens"? This is just one more example of the double standard that exists between Democrats and Republicans.

Because there are those on the violent, lawless right so consumed with unwarranted partisan hate they’d attempt to harm President Biden’s son.

If...IF..IF

But that's only your thing when it's HB who's never worked for the government.

Stop lying. Kushner was not paid billions of dollars by the Saudis. They invested $2 billion in his private equity firm, and that was after Trump left office. A House panel investigated that and nothing ever came of it.

And a US Air Force C-17 crew en route to Kuwait from Alaska was ordered to land at Prestwick to refuel, and the air crews was allegedly offered free rounds of golf and discounted rooms at Turnberry. Big fucking deal. The US Air Force investigated that themselves, and nothing ever came of it either.

Because there are those on the violent, lawless right so consumed with unwarranted partisan hate they’d attempt to harm President Biden’s son.

Dude, you're fucking nuts. Please seek a competent mental health professional before somebody red flags your crazy ass, ok?

Well, you can start a thread about Kusher if you want. Feel free.

I may or may not participate. Depends on my mood. Heck. I've very likely hit that brood much, much harder than your bunch ever attempted on here. And none of that Mickey Mouse stuff either...

I'm getting ready to go out and cut my grass now, though.
So it's not about crimes but about imagining Biden crimes.

Stop lying. Kushner was not paid billions of dollars by the Saudis. They invested $2 billion in his private equity firm, and that was after Trump left office. A House panel investigated that and nothing ever came of it.

And a US Air Force C-17 crew en route to Kuwait from Alaska was ordered to land at Prestwick to refuel, and the air crews was allegedly offered free rounds of golf and discounted rooms at Turnberry. Big fucking deal. The US Air Force investigated that themselves, and nothing ever came of it either.
And the difference between that and Hunter Biden is???????

Only in your mind.

I assume that all close family of POTUS have SS protection, ...
Wow, really?
OIP.Y_c9-Z4UUt6QFSkByKZnBwHaFD

So what does your "common sense" tell you about 6 years of Biden hunting with no evidence of a crime?
AND
What does it tell you about all the evidence of Trump crimes?

Perhaps start a thread on the topic and ask for opinions that are germane to whatever concern you might have there.

I might chime in. Depends on my mood.

This topic of this thread is specific to invoking ''private citizenship'' in one breath for the express purpose ofillustrating the illusion of separation from a sitting president, but invoking the legitimacy of receiving special protection/special treatment in another breath because of one's direct relationship to a sitting president.

The logic does not compute in terms of how people actually debate controversy. It really does seem to me that it's just a useless exercise in chasing a ball around in a circle, with both theoretical ''sides'' contradicting their own invoked justifications.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back