I have a casual question for the usership collectively

So what does your "common sense" tell you about 6 years of Biden hunting with no evidence of a crime?
AND
What does it tell you about all the evidence of Trump crimes?

If you don't know about Biden's crimes and the evidence of them by now, You're way beyond help. :21:

So what does your "common sense" tell you about 6 years of Biden hunting with no evidence of a crime?
AND
What does it tell you about all the evidence of Trump crimes?
The mindless hypocrisy ^^^^^^ is hilarious.

Perhaps start a thread on the topic and ask for opinions that are germane to whatever concern yo umight have there.

I might chime in. Depends on my mood.

This topicin this thread is specific to invoking ''private citizenship'' in one breath for the express purpose ofillustrating the illusion of separation from a sitting president, but invoking the legitimacy of receiving special protection/special treatment in another breath because of one's direct relationship to a sitting president in another breath.

The logic does not compute in terms of how people actually debate controversy. It really does seem to me that it's just a useless exercise in chasing a ball around in a circle, with both theoretical ''sides'' contradicting their own invoked justifications.
OK
Presidents have families
Families get SS protection
Whether or not they work in any capacity for the government
Presidents have families
Some members of those families may conduct PRIVATE business See GWB brother) that you as a partisan find questionable but without evidence of any connection, of which there is none, evidence of criminal activity, of which there is none, or exposure of US secrets, of which there is none, your thread is nothing more that a partian attempt to blow smoke up our collective butts.

Don't you know smoking is bad for you?

So, then, I suppose what I'm asking is the relevance/value of the invocation of the notion that he's ''private citizen'' given the broad nature of the Legal and as well as foreign and domestic circumstances involving he and a sitting president across the board.

Most responses thus far indicate agreement that the fruit of the loins of a sitting president should, by default, get special protection simply because of, and for no other reason than, thier direct relationship to a given president?

So..why do people complain when they do get special treatment/special protection? Seems like chasing a ball around in a circle to me. :dunno:
With you, I think the last of the lying pos are on ignore.

OK
Presidents have families
Families get SS protection
Whether or not they work in any capacity for the government
Presidents have families
Some members of those families may conduct PRIVATE business See GWB brother) that you as a partisan find questionable but without evidence of any connection, of which there is none, evidence of criminal activity, of which there is none, or exposure of US secrets, of which there is none, your thread is nothing more that a partian attempt to blow smoke up our collective butts.

Don't you know smoking is bad for you?

Mine was a question regarding human nature. Self-awareness. Or lack thereof. Collectively speaking, of course.

The mindless hypocrisy ^^^^^^ is hilarious.
Speaking of mindless how's the teaching thing going?

and

Please show any actual factual evidence connecting the President to any crimes.

You can lie to your students but you can't lie to me.

I assume that all close family of POTUS have SS protection, at least until that POTUS leaves office. Giving them regular rides on AF ONE and free, government-paid vacay's out of the country is another thing but, apparently, no one cares to make the scum pay.
He is a scumbag in my personal estimation. But he is still the son of a sitting President and therefore gets the protection of the Secret Service.

I don’t have a quarrel with it.

and

In my estimation, the nexus between Hunter’s likely crimes and his father isn’t yet clearly established.

That doesn’t mean that Papa 10% isn’t, himself, criminally exposed. He may very well be. But, as I told another liberal earlier today, the investigation(s) isn’t (or aren’t) yet completed.

and

So, how did those two BULLSHIT impeachments go? Are you happy with the way that the democrats have made the impeachment process nothing more than a political stunt?

Wow, really?
OIP.Y_c9-Z4UUt6QFSkByKZnBwHaFD
Godwin cleanup on aisle #17!

:poke:

If...IF..IF

You really believed that you'd be demanding hearings on Kushner's billion+ payments from the Saudis, Trump's use of USAF to support his golf course, Trump's DC hotel...

But that's only your thing when it's HB who's never worked for the government.
But you aren't and you do believe what you said....Am I too logical :)

In my estimation, the nexus between Hunter’s likely crimes and his father isn’t yet clearly established.

That doesn’t mean that Papa 10% isn’t, himself, criminally exposed. He may very well be. But, as I told another liberal earlier today, the investigation(s) isn’t (or aren’t) yet completed.
Okay tie these two things together Internal gallery documents show that sales of Biden's art brought in $1.3 million. One buyer, whose identity is unknown, spent $875,000 on 11 of them....

From 6 days ago...

New evidence reveals how Hunter Biden paid debts with loans from Democrat donor, art sales​

Money flowing to Hunter Biden from various sources helped pay off first son’s tax debts, child support, and high-dollar rent since Joe Biden began running for president

The following sold for $225, 000

1700740714208.png

To avoid the obvious scandal these could have been sold on their merit, right????
IF IF IF I painted that I would get maybe $57.38 if I threw in a Thanksgiving holiday card for a meal at McDonalds

Philosophy is, as the description of the sub-forum indicates, distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

So that's why I ask the question here.

Anyway. Why...oh why...did a ''private citizen'' (for reference and clarity with regard to my intent for asking, perform USMB keyword search for ''Hunter Biden is a private citizen'' pointing directly to the intent in which those keywords are/were historically invoked) arrive to court in what can be compared to a presidential motorcade, and what may very well be, depending on who was charged with its organization?
biden, a private citizen, is protected by secret service, who arranges such transportation. contrast to the trump children, who were nepotistic government employees as "senior advisors to the president"

biden, a private citizen, is protected by secret service, who arranges such transportation. contrast to the trump children, who were nepotistic government employees as "senior advisors to the president"
No contrast at all needed, and I am not a Trumper

Biden DOJ under fire for prosecuting 75-year-old pro-life activist but taking no action on violent DNC rioters​

VERSUS

Biden DOJ recommends no jail time for trans vandal of Catholic church: 'F--- Catholics'​

Biden's administration previously came down hard on pro-life activists​

HE IS A DISGUSTING HYPOCRITE --- FACE IT !!!!!

Okay tie these two things together Internal gallery documents show that sales of Biden's art brought in $1.3 million. One buyer, whose identity is unknown, spent $875,000 on 11 of them....

From 6 days ago...

New evidence reveals how Hunter Biden paid debts with loans from Democrat donor, art sales​

Money flowing to Hunter Biden from various sources helped pay off first son’s tax debts, child support, and high-dollar rent since Joe Biden began running for president

The following sold for $225, 000

View attachment 862685

To avoid the obvious scandal these could have been sold on their merit, right????
IF IF IF I painted that I would get maybe $57.38 if I threw in a Thanksgiving holiday card for a meal at McDonalds
His painting looks like a “study in opium.”

His painting looks like a “study in opium.”
I can't believe anyone would not see the connection. Buy a painting, buy influence.

BEN DAVIS, a national art critic said the prices are not common for any new artist.
“For an emerging artist doing his first show, this would put Hunter Biden in the top, top tier of what was thinkable,” Davis said. “These are prices for an already successful artist.”

So here is NYT trying real hard to avoid saying it

"The gallery is planning to sell 15 works by Hunter Biden, and is asking as much as $500,000 apiece. The prices — which are high for a novice artist — have raised questions in Washington about whether the works might attract buyers seeking to curry favor with the Biden White House."

I can't believe anyone would not see the connection. Buy a painting, buy influence.

BEN DAVIS, a national art critic said the prices are not common for any new artist.
“For an emerging artist doing his first show, this would put Hunter Biden in the top, top tier of what was thinkable,” Davis said. “These are prices for an already successful artist.”

So here is NYT trying real hard to avoid saying it

"The gallery is planning to sell 15 works by Hunter Biden, and is asking as much as $500,000 apiece. The prices — which are high for a novice artist — have raised questions in Washington about whether the works might attract buyers seeking to curry favor with the Biden White House."
Same thing with some of them writing books. It's all a sham and cover for bribery.

One could follow the money if they were motivated to.

Forum List

Back