I Hate Air Conditioning

East Coast blight. Built on a swamp.
Oh yeah, I remember, like going outside in SCUBA gear. Just looked at my hygrometer, it's extremely high this morning, close to 12%...... :D
Nothing better than a dry wind....
Especially if it's anatomically related!!!
In certain parts yes..
Around here it's high humidity to go with high heat, so these idiots will say it's nat as bad when it's hot in the desert, cause it's a dry breeze, while in the sub-tropics you feel oppressed by the heat and humidity....I've lived with a nice dry wind and humid one, the only difference was I preferred not to be in either...
Northern Va reminded me of the tropics during summer, 98 degrees, 97% humidity, the moment you step outside you're bathed in sweat. Out here in the desert it's not the humidity, it's the skin searing, bone melting heat that gets ya..........

.... so no plans on coming back eh? ;)

i like to snuggle under a blanket in the a/c .....i am a lap blanket fiend

it's right here! my husband teases me about it all the time.... never without a blanket on my lap when lounging...

Oh yeah, I remember, like going outside in SCUBA gear. Just looked at my hygrometer, it's extremely high this morning, close to 12%...... :D
Nothing better than a dry wind....
Especially if it's anatomically related!!!
In certain parts yes..
Around here it's high humidity to go with high heat, so these idiots will say it's nat as bad when it's hot in the desert, cause it's a dry breeze, while in the sub-tropics you feel oppressed by the heat and humidity....I've lived with a nice dry wind and humid one, the only difference was I preferred not to be in either...
Northern Va reminded me of the tropics during summer, 98 degrees, 97% humidity, the moment you step outside you're bathed in sweat. Out here in the desert it's not the humidity, it's the skin searing, bone melting heat that gets ya..........

.... so no plans on coming back eh? ;)
It depends, pretty much all the government contractors are screaming for people in the DC metro area. The problem is they don't pay what they used to and the cost of housing in the area is still going up, hell an 900 sq ft condo will easily run ya $2500 a month not to mention high utilities costs and the traffic is some of the worst in the nation. Three hour long "rush hours" where the highways become parking lots, you're screwed if there's an accident and there almost always is.

Right now it's 70 degrees outside with a strong breeze, I'm considering a light jacket....... Yup we're becoming acclimatized. :lol:
We don't even fire up the swamp coolers until it hits the upper 80s. Last year when it was 59 degrees out I was running around in a t-shirt and shorts with people looking at me like I was nuts but it was sunny out with no breeze, that sun is intense. :thup:

I don't miss the east coast humidity at all. People bitch here when it gets to 50%. We call that "muggy". Over 80 degrees and people are discussing the heat wave.

When I built my home we put a heater and air conditioner on each side of the house because my house is a long ranch type.
Thank goodness for that because after cancer treatment I have 0 tolerance for any heat.. my husband has his side warm and my side is cold like your house..
I never turn my heat on in the winter..and sleep with the window open...lol...

Check your vit. D as well. Do you bruise easily?

I don't miss the east coast humidity at all. People bitch here when it gets to 50%. We call that "muggy". Over 80 degrees and people are discussing the heat wave.
Back east 40% humidity was considered extremely dry, here in the high desert 30% humidity is considered muggy, under 80 degrees is considered cool, it's all in what you're used to. In Colorado the UV is so intense that one could go out in shorts and a t-shirt when it's 20 degrees out as long as there was no wind and the sun was shining. Heck the snow melts at that temp because the UV is so strong.

Back east 40% humidity was considered extremely dry, here in the high desert 30% humidity is considered muggy, under 80 degrees is considered cool, it's all in what you're used to. In Colorado the UV is so intense that one could go out in shorts and a t-shirt when it's 20 degrees out as long as there was no wind and the sun was shining. Heck the snow melts at that temp because the UV is so strong.
We get a lot of liquid sunshine here. Hardly any one has an umbrella. When you see one you know they are visitors.

We get a lot of liquid sunshine here. Hardly any one has an umbrella. When you see one you know they are visitors.
We get lots of rain....... unfortunately it's almost always in the form of Verga, it never hits the ground. :lol:

Last edited:
You apparently also hate thermostats.

I don't get to control that.... :(
It was awesome 2 summers ago when our AC went down.... except for all the spousal complaining!
My Dad is the opposite, he has poor circulation and it's always 90 in his house...

I'm pretty sure I have poor circulation too cause my arms and legs fall asleep all the time....
Have you had your thyroid checked?

.... I'm sitting here in the house freezing my ass off thinking about getting a heating blanket when it's 80 degrees outside!

Give me ceiling fans and hot air over this!
I have some ideas how to get warmed up. Interested?

actually, I live in a 3 level townhouse, so, genius that I am, I closed every vent on the 2nd level...... I probably should close them in the basement also, but it made a HUGE difference!

Forum List

Back