I Hate Air Conditioning

.... I'm sitting here in the house freezing my ass off thinking about getting a heating blanket when it's 80 degrees outside!

Give me ceiling fans and hot air over this!
I have some ideas how to get warmed up. Interested?

we've discussed your ideas before...... ;)
Bad timing to catch a plane though, long lines, missing flights and shit. Maybe after the holiday when it calms down a little...until then, hmmm...try some blankets or something. Perseverance, patience....

closing the vents... no wonder I don't have a job.....

okay well, since it's fine on the 2nd floor, won't close the one's in the basement.....maybe will open the one in the kitchen down here ..... now you have me scared!

During the winter I keep the thermostat on 66, any higher and the upstairs is stifling.
Our house has two A/C units, downstairs - upstairs, I set both on 71.

okay now this joke is getting old......

I am not permitted to touch the thermostat unless asked to do so!!!!! :)

I work for a lot of older folks and downsizing is what they do. Yesterday the guy said he had a in ground swimming pool and 4,000+ sf home. It's a lot of upkeep and without the kids the bad outweighs the good. I hate stairs and wouldn't buy a home with any, basements are uncommon here though.

okay now this joke is getting old......

I am not permitted to touch the thermostat unless asked to do so!!!!! :)
Huh? What would happen if you touched it without 'permission'?
The thermostat, lol.

Actually, don't tell but I did turn it up to 72 the other day !
But then I figured out the vent thing....

Well he would be upset etc. if it got uncomfortable in the house etc. Or get pissy and ask why I moved it etc.
It's not like I would get a spanking or anything..... I'd rather get that cause when he gets upset about something I have to hear about it for hours (and I'm not exaggerating!)

It's not like I would get a spanking or anything..... I'd rather get that cause when he gets upset about something I have to hear about it for hours (and I'm not exaggerating!)
Maybe the hot air would warm the place up. Use ear plugs, smile and nod a lot.

You apparently also hate thermostats.

I don't get to control that.... :(
It was awesome 2 summers ago when our AC went down.... except for all the spousal complaining!
My Dad is the opposite, he has poor circulation and it's always 90 in his house...

I'm pretty sure I have poor circulation too cause my arms and legs fall asleep all the time....
Try Yoga. Sometimes you can have too low of blood pressure and that can cause blood clots to form and cause strokes.

It was awesome 2 summers ago when our AC went down.... except for all the spousal complaining!
My Dad is the opposite, he has poor circulation and it's always 90 in his house...

I'm pretty sure I have poor circulation too cause my arms and legs fall asleep all the time....
Try Yoga. Sometimes you can have too low of blood pressure and that can cause blood clots to form and cause strokes.
yoga pants are enough to get my heart racing....thus, cardiovascular exercise is complete...

My BP used to be ULTRA low but not anymore.
It was like 105/50 (at the lowest) but averaged 110/60 - maybe that is not too bad, I don't know.
It's about average now - 115/70 or so....

yoga-pants.jpg

Forum List

Back