"I Had an Abortion"

I don't know how to post a picture so I have the link here. It's a picture of a so called feminist named Gloria Steinem, smiling face proudly wearing a t-shirt that reads "I Had an Abortion".

My first reaction was disbelief. Are you kidding me lady. Does she think that the picture glorifiying her Abortion makes her some type of heroine? This is what the picture really says.

Gloria Steinem is so irresponsible that she had unprotected sex,and they used a barbaric and obsolete practice to mercilessly hack to death an unborn child because she couldn't face the consequences of her actions. That's pro choice for you.

I want you to notice that pro choice advocates only give you one choice, abortion. A real feminist knows she has many choices and that abortion isn't one of them. A real feminist respects her body enough to not have it used as a "c*m dumptser". She chooses her man carefully and demands he uses a condom if they are not exclusive as extra protection against pregnancy and disease. She uses birthcontrol to ensure she doesn't have an unwanted pregnancy. She isn't Pro choice, she is pro choices,has a brain and uses it. Should she find herself pregnant she excepts the consequences of her actions. She knows from the start that if she isn't ready to except the consequences of her actions then maybe she isn't ready to have sex in the first place.

Gloria Steinem should hang her head in shame. She's a poor example for women to follow and too stupid to realize it.

Karen Santorum should hang her head in shame. She's a poor example for women to follow and too stupid to realize it.

The reason why either woman chose an abortion is none of your business.
Exactly.

I don't know how to post a picture so I have the link here. It's a picture of a so called feminist named Gloria Steinem, smiling face proudly wearing a t-shirt that reads "I Had an Abortion".

My first reaction was disbelief. Are you kidding me lady. Does she think that the picture glorifiying her Abortion makes her some type of heroine? This is what the picture really says.

Gloria Steinem is so irresponsible that she had unprotected sex,and they used a barbaric and obsolete practice to mercilessly hack to death an unborn child because she couldn't face the consequences of her actions. That's pro choice for you.

I want you to notice that pro choice advocates only give you one choice, abortion. A real feminist knows she has many choices and that abortion isn't one of them. A real feminist respects her body enough to not have it used as a "c*m dumptser". She chooses her man carefully and demands he uses a condom if they are not exclusive as extra protection against pregnancy and disease. She uses birthcontrol to ensure she doesn't have an unwanted pregnancy. She isn't Pro choice, she is pro choices,has a brain and uses it. Should she find herself pregnant she excepts the consequences of her actions. She knows from the start that if she isn't ready to except the consequences of her actions then maybe she isn't ready to have sex in the first place.

Gloria Steinem should hang her head in shame. She's a poor example for women to follow and too stupid to realize it.

gloria steinem i had an abortion - Bing Images

Saying that you had an abortion means you are not ashamed, like the lifers want you to be.

Your offensive language here, referring to women as 'cum dumpsters' just shows how pathetically immature you really are, and goes to show that you know nothing at all about women.
Pro choicers do NOT think that the only option for an unintended pregnancy is abortion, we believe in 3 choices - adoption, raising the child yourself, or abortion.
Lifers believe there is only ONE choice - have the baby no matter what.

It is your lot that should be ashamed, assuming women are sluts, and wishing to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her own reproductive system.

:thup:

Karen Santorum should hang her head in shame. She's a poor example for women to follow and too stupid to realize it.

The reason why either woman chose an abortion is none of your business.

it becomes my business when she makes a public statement that she parades around on a T shirt no less, like it's a trivia matter when it's not. It becomes my business when people call her a feminist and she parades around in that shirt because it sends the wrong message. Gloria Steinem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm here to say she wears clown shoes and doesn't represent real feminists. I don't give a flying fuck about Karen Santorum. If she starts wearing a I had an abortion T shirt like it's something females should be proud of, then I'll ride her ass too.

So, you agree that women are the owners of their own bodies and that government should not be in control of women's reproduction.

Its that Steinem wore a shirt that says she agrees with you that women are the owners of their own bodies and that government should not be in control of women's reproduction that bothers you.

Are there any other rights that you believe should not appear on a t-shirt?

(You're a maroon.)

Holy shit Superman your ex-ray eyes see stuff that's not there. Her shirt said " I had an abortion" not "laughinreaper agrees with me that I own my body and the government should not be involved in a womans reproductive rights."

Seriously dude, stop spewing the Liberal mantra and get back to the thread. She had an abortion, she's obviously proud of her abortion as she went to all the trouble of having a t-shirt and a professional looking pic of her in said t-shirt advertising she had an abortion. How do you or anybody support a person who is so irresponsible and/or stupid, that she didn't take birthcontrol and had a unborn baby hacked out of her body because she didn't want to deal with the consequences of her actions? How does anyone find her as a good example of a feminist woman? She's a POS. Then she and other ignorant libers advertise to the young women of this country that this is the smart way to go? A surgical proceedure that should be considered obsolete? A abortion is essentiallly a forced miscarriage and carries medical risks. This is a no-brainer, non-invasive prevention or surgical proceedure which is better?

The fact that these morons push abortion on demand instead of birthcontrol on demand should show everyone what dumbasses they are. This is 2013 dude, birthcontrol has come along way and is very effective. I should know I've been on it myself and my daughters are on it also. Guess what Einstein, it works. Is it 100%, no, but damn close. This is why women need to put their foot down with their men and tell them to wear a condom.

Oh BTW If Steinem and others "agree" that the government shouldn't be involved in reproductive issues than I'm guessing they should be fighting for Planned Parenthood to stop taking government funding. After all Isn't that what Planned Parenthood does?:badgrin:

"The report also indicates Planned Parenthood had a record year when it comes to funding from the government. An analysis done by the pro-life group, Susan B. Anthony List, shows the abortion provider received a record $542 million in taxpayer dollars by way of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements. That amounts to almost half of all Planned Parenthood's budget."

- See more at: Planned Parenthood: Record year for abortions, taxpayer funding

Planned Parenthood: Record year for abortions, taxpayer funding

Last edited:
When a woman finds she is pregnant, no one is saying she is a slut. That is how you perceive it. But by going for an abortion rather than having the child and giving it up for adoption is definitely selfish. You are subjecting yourself to probably 5 months of pregnancy where you are showing and labor and birth. That is not bad with the drugs they give you now. You would be seen as an upstanding woman to go through the pregnancy and for a family and everyone wins. Giving a family a child...what a gift!

The woman shouldn't have to use her body to sustain the life of something else for nine months. Do you know what childbirth is like? Why should a woman be forced to endure the agony of childbirth simply because she had sex?

Wow. Why should a woman sustain a life for nine months when she could go and have someone rip a baby apart bit by bit? Why her mother could have done that after she had sex too. But she had this child that grew up to be an insensitive clod.

The difference is that you CHOSE to give birth. Not every woman wants to give birth, and no woman should ever be forced to.

Don't get pregnant . No use in taking it out on your kid.

In other words, don't have sex - which basically means that you wish to punish women for having sex by forcing them to give birth.

OMG this is the problem!:banghead: could you be anymore fucking brainwashed. No it doesn't mean don't have sex. It means be responsible and use birthcontrol. Not just the woman but the man too! It's being secure enough in who you are as a woman to say,I don't want to get pregnant so put on a condom or no sex. If the guy isn't a complete tool, he will accomodate you. If he says no, what are you doing with such a jerk anyway? What are the odds that both male and female contraception used at the same time are both going to fail? Highly unlikely. It's time for women to put on their big girl panties, be responsible, demand the man also be responsible, and stop using abortion as a way to get out of their bad behavior and poor decision making.

When a woman finds she is pregnant, no one is saying she is a slut. That is how you perceive it. But by going for an abortion rather than having the child and giving it up for adoption is definitely selfish. You are subjecting yourself to probably 5 months of pregnancy where you are showing and labor and birth. That is not bad with the drugs they give you now. You would be seen as an upstanding woman to go through the pregnancy and for a family and everyone wins. Giving a family a child...what a gift!

The woman shouldn't have to use her body to sustain the life of something else for nine months. Do you know what childbirth is like? Why should a woman be forced to endure the agony of childbirth simply because she had sex?

Wow. Why should a woman sustain a life for nine months when she could go and have someone rip a baby apart bit by bit? Why her mother could have done that after she had sex too. But she had this child that grew up to be an insensitive clod.

No idea what you are talking about, but I will say it again: No woman should ever be forced to endure a pregnancy if she doesn't want to.

OMG this is the problem!:banghead: could you be anymore fucking brainwashed. No it doesn't mean don't have sex. It means be responsible and use birthcontrol. Not just the woman but the man too! It's being secure enough in who you are as a woman to say,I don't want to get pregnant so put on a condom or no sex. If the guy isn't a complete tool, he will accomodate you. If he says no, what are you doing with such a jerk anyway? What are the odds that both male and female contraception used at the same time are both going to fail? Highly unlikely. It's time for women to put on their big girl panties, be responsible, demand the man also be responsible, and stop using abortion as a way to get out of their bad behavior and poor decision making.

If the woman would have an abortion if she became pregnant, what do you suggest she does to prevent a pregnancy?

If the woman would have an abortion if she became pregnant, what do you suggest she does to prevent a pregnancy?

You are kidding....right?

How do you know she didn't ask the man to use a condom, and how do you know she didn't pick a mate carefully ?

You are kidding....right?

Nope. Just answer the question.

Is it your answer that if a woman would have an abortion if she became pregnant, in order to avoid a pregnancy, she should not have sex?

Yes or no?

Abortion is accepted and legal the world over. The only places it isn't legal is in theocracies or in extremely, highly religious countries that are pretty darn near theocracies, such as Ireland. The US is a secular country. If you want to live in a Christian theocracy, move to one, and live in a country that does not allow abortion. Otherwise, abortion is LEGAL in the US and it is not up to you to impose your religious or moral beliefs on the majority the US population. No one is forcing you to get an abortion, so don't get one, but do not speak as if you have a right to censure or control what others do.

Last edited:
Noomi, Please read a book dear

laughinReaper did say this: 'No it doesn't mean don't have sex. It means be responsible and use birthcontrol'

I asked what a woman should do if she would have an abortion if she became pregnant- how would she prevent a pregnancy?

You said that it didn't mean she shouldn't have sex so I asked you the same question, and you refuse to answer.

You DO believe that if a woman would have an abortion if she became pregnant, she should not have sex, which is exactly what you insisted she didn't have to do.

Now. Come clean and admit how wrong you were.

Saying that you had an abortion means you are not ashamed, like the lifers want you to be.

Your offensive language here, referring to women as 'cum dumpsters' just shows how pathetically immature you really are, and goes to show that you know nothing at all about women.
Pro choicers do NOT think that the only option for an unintended pregnancy is abortion, we believe in 3 choices - adoption, raising the child yourself, or abortion.Lifers believe there is only ONE choice - have the baby no matter what.

It is your lot that should be ashamed, assuming women are sluts, and wishing to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her own reproductive system.

But you should be ashamed because you failed in the simple task of using birthcontrol.

Can't help but notice in your three Pro choice options not one is contraception. You go straight to abortion. Why is abortion the "birthcontrol" of choice with the Pro Choice crowd? Is contraception even in your vocabulary?

Non-invasive prevention or surgical procedure. which is better choice? Geez Noomi, there is the pill, the ring, the patch, the shot,IUD, diaphram/spemicide and probably more. Ladies need to get with the program and pick the one that best works for them and don't forget to make the man use a condom.

BTW Noomi C*m Dumpster isn't my word, I first heard it when a couple of guys on this board said it and it's also in the urban dictionary. It goes to show what men think of women or a certain type of woman. The type of woman that is coming up in the world today. When I was a young woman 30 years ago, being called a bitch and a whore were fighting words. The kids today use those words(especially men) with just about every woman. Now it seems to me that if the pro choice liberated woman lifestyle was doing what it was supposed to be doing women woudn't find it perfectly OK to be constantly disrespected. Actually it's just the opposite, we have declined and become OK with being sex objects. We went from being referred to as "the little woman" to every mans twerking, half dressed,"it's getting hot in here I want to take my clothes off" whore. It's the truth and It's womens fault for letting it happen. So who's immature, the woman who, takes responsiblity for her actions, uses contraception and demands respect or the woman who is irresponsible, allows herself to be objectified and relies on abortion as contraception. :eusa_hand:Don't shoot the messenger.:eusa_hand:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fUjcPCUWD0]Nelly - Hot in Herre - Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back