I don't understand the "take a knee" thing...

To at least one black coach, it's to make white people uncomfortable at the games.
NBA Coach: ‘White People Especially’ Need To Be Made ‘Uncomfortable’
White people are comfortable because we've earned it. I live in a nice house in the country and sleep in a comfortable bed because I've earned it. Don't blame white people because your bedroom is drafty due to the bullet holes in your bedroom window.
Actually, they can blame whites for that. Whites that enslaved them for centuries. Then, when they finally got it together and decided slavery was bad... They still excluded blacks from all major social spheres for ANOTHER century.
Education, jobs, politics etc.
Now when blacks find themselves in the crossfire of bullets, and you can bet your ass it's whiteys fault.
Every race on the planet has been enslaved, yet blacks are the only ones who can't get over it. They protest their great, great, great, great grandparents enslavement by shooting each other while proclaiming that their lives matter.
Yes many races have been enslaved.
Here, Africans were enslaved. For centuries. Are you five? If not then it's probably people's grandparents or great grandparents that were enslaved.
When slavery ended, it didn't disappear.
Their parents were discriminated against, segregated, intimidated, or even killed when they attempted to make social advances.
Advance just a few decades to the present. There is still oppression and inequity to be challenged. So don't expect the protests to stop.
The same goes for every other race known to man, every other race got over it.
Did they?
Immediately or did it take a couple generations?

White people are comfortable because we've earned it. I live in a nice house in the country and sleep in a comfortable bed because I've earned it. Don't blame white people because your bedroom is drafty due to the bullet holes in your bedroom window.
Actually, they can blame whites for that. Whites that enslaved them for centuries. Then, when they finally got it together and decided slavery was bad... They still excluded blacks from all major social spheres for ANOTHER century.
Now when blacks find themselves in the crossfire of bullets, and you can bet your ass it's whiteys fault.
Every race on the planet has been enslaved, yet blacks are the only ones who can't get over it. They protest their great, great, great, great grandparents enslavement by shooting each other while proclaiming that their lives matter.
Here, Africans were enslaved. For centuries. Are you five? If not then it's probably people's grandparents or great grandparents that were enslaved.
Their parents were discriminated against, segregated, intimidated, or even killed when they attempted to make social advances.
Advance just a few decades to the present. There is still oppression and inequity to be challenged. So don't expect the protests to stop.
Did they?
I don't recall ever hearing anything other than blacks crying about reparations while looting 7-Elevens and burning down Cost Cutters because their great, great, great, great grandparents were enslaved.

Did they?
I don't recall ever hearing anything other than blacks crying about reparations while looting 7-Elevens and burning down Cost Cutters because their great, great, great, great grandparents were enslaved.
So .. you have no idea, just talking out of your ass. Okay.

Did they?
So .. you have no idea, just talking out of your ass. Okay.
Nope, what I said is a fact.

"I don't recall ever hearing anything other than blacks crying about reparations while looting 7-Elevens and burning down Cost Cutters because their great, great, great, great grandparents were enslaved."

To at least one black coach, it's to make white people uncomfortable at the games.
NBA Coach: ‘White People Especially’ Need To Be Made ‘Uncomfortable’
Bullshit. The only obstacles that exist now are either manufacturered by race hustlers (especially the democrat party) or are a result of post-Civil Rights/post-Great Society government dependence.
Plantation days is long gone!

I'm all for sending the kneeling negros to PR. Just allowing them the marvelous opportunity of giving back.

They should feel fortunate to live in a country that allows them to have the liberty to express their disrespect to that country.

Okay..... So let me just say, I am reading through this thread and I see a bunch of comments that make me uncomfortable. I totally understand we have some outright racist pieces of shit here who can't resist taking a few pot shots in a thread like this-- but let me say, that's not at all where I am coming from and I don't think that represents the vast majority of people opposed to the demonstrations. I think you low-lifes are a fringe group, smaller than the "take a knee" protesters. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to find that some of you ARE among that group and you're posing here as "deplorable racists" to help make your inane point. It certainly wouldn't be the first dishonest thing the left has ever pulled.

Since I wrote this thread, I have honestly been trying to engage in meaningful dialogue with those who seem to support the protests, to gain an understanding of what the hell the problem is and how do we fix it. I can't ever seem to get anywhere because I keep getting dismissed as soon as someone learns I don't support the protests. I can either support this shit wholeheartedly or I am some kind of deplorable racist bigot who doesn't understand and can't be talked to. Let me just say, that's a guaranteed losing strategy. You'll never accomplish changing hearts and minds like that.

I watched a video clip yesterday by someone saying the "right" has now hijacked the message and made this about the flag and anthem.... WTF? The RIGHT did this? Are you kidding me? YOU picked the vehicle for your protest, not the right! What you're getting is a response from pissed off Americans on the right AND left who don't appreciate YOU hijacking one of our only symbols of national unity to use as your platform for protesting.

You see, the problem here is not the issues being protested. It is the method being used that is offensive. You can be upset about having to pick apples on a Sunday but it's stupid to protest that by sitting on a hornet's nest! It will not help your cause. Society is simply not going to allow you to exploit our collective rituals and symbols of unity and redefine them on your own terms. It's going to be met with a huge backlash and rightfully so.

Forum List

Back