I don't understand the "take a knee" thing...

To at least one black coach, it's to make white people uncomfortable at the games.
NBA Coach: ‘White People Especially’ Need To Be Made ‘Uncomfortable’
White people are comfortable because we've earned it. I live in a nice house in the country and sleep in a comfortable bed because I've earned it. Don't blame white people because your bedroom is drafty due to the bullet holes in your bedroom window.
What about termites, ticks, fleas, spiders are bad this time of year as are field mice and field rats??....Yeah even in the country..
Those things are all outside.

To the OP, you don't get it.

Get it.
Many people dont get it, hence the backlash. They tried to protest something, but they fucked up when they intentionally did it in a way that they knew would piss people off. Its just trolling in real life. People love to troll, but unlike online, there are consequences for trolling in real life. They are paying that price now and they will continue to pay it until they stop doing it.

To at least one black coach, it's to make white people uncomfortable at the games.
White people are comfortable because we've earned it. I live in a nice house in the country and sleep in a comfortable bed because I've earned it. Don't blame white people because your bedroom is drafty due to the bullet holes in your bedroom window.
Actually, they can blame whites for that. Whites that enslaved them for centuries. Then, when they finally got it together and decided slavery was bad... They still excluded blacks from all major social spheres for ANOTHER century.
Education, jobs, politics etc.
Now when blacks find themselves in the crossfire of bullets, and you can bet your ass it's whiteys fault.

Actually, they can blame whites for that. Whites that enslaved them for centuries. Then, when they finally got it together and decided slavery was bad... They still excluded blacks from all major social spheres for ANOTHER century.
Now when blacks find themselves in the crossfire of bullets, and you can bet your ass it's whiteys fault.

Says the liberal who just dismissed generations of whites busting their asses trying to uplift the black community.

Thanks. I keep telling people it was/is a waste of time.

They don't believe me. Maybe they will believe you.

Says the liberal who just dismissed generations of whites busting their asses trying to uplift the black community.

People like you make it a waste because you perpetuate exactly what they fought against.

People like you make it a waste because you perpetuate exactly what they fought against.

No, it is people like you who make is a waste because you continue to make new demands as though the last 6 decades did not happen.

More and more whites are done being blamed and demanded.

ANd I welcome that, and people like YOU are making it happen.

No, it is people like you who make is a waste because you continue to make new demands as though the last 6 decades did not happen.

What is being demanded other than equality?

What is being demanded other than equality?

Throwing accused cops to the mob.

Every race on the planet has been enslaved, yet blacks are the only ones who can't get over it. They protest their great, great, great, great grandparents enslavement by shooting each other while proclaiming that their lives matter.

Most of the time, whenever there is a protest of some kind, I might not agree with the protest but I can understand the dynamics. This whole entire NFL "take a knee" thing is completely baffling to me on several fronts.

First, I am not clear on what exactly is being protested. Some say it's "police brutality" but there is no specific incident or event. Some say it's about racial oppression but how are multi-millionaire NFL players being oppressed? If anything, the NFL is the epitome of the opposite. It seems we are supposed to acknowledge some sort of "injustice" here but it's not really clear what that is.

Then, there is the issue of HOW this phantom problem is being protested. Somehow, disrespecting the national anthem and flag is an appropropriate response to... whatever. I don't understand the tie to racism or oppression that is being implied. The national anthem and flag have never been symbols of racism or oppression, in fact, they are symbols of the diametric opposite.

Some will argue it's a "freedom of speech" issue... NO, it's not! The First Amendment of the Constitution protects your right to speak from STATE action. This is the workplace... you have no "free speech" right. The NFL is not the state or government.

Finally, and probably most importantly... what the hell is the end game here? Generally speaking, a protest has some sort of intended resolve. There is some measure being sought. Some remedy is being pursued. With this ordeal, what exactly is that? What are the protesters hoping to accomplish and how will we know when it has been achieved?

Not only has this not made a lick of sense to me, with the advent of Trump's comments at an Alabama campaign rally, it seems to have thrown gasoline on the protest fires all across the NFL. It's now beginning to look as if this is purely a partisan political emotional response from people who are bitter over the 2016 elections. So it's not really about police brutality or racial oppression, it's about hating Donald J. Trump and his supporters. Could it be that the national anthem and flag are symbolic of "nationalism" which is tied to Trump? Is THAT what we are seeing played out here?

Honestly, I don't know how this can resolve itself. I am personally on my second year of boycotting the NFL and at this point, it's no longer even a boycott for me... I'm done with it. I won't be back. They have totally disgusted me with the way this has been handled and I refuse to participate. That goes for any other professional sport or event as well. You want to disrespect the anthem and flag, you've lost me forever.
The black NFL players are protesting our military and showing it by their disrespect of our Anthmn and Flag.

Earlier today, I saw on TV a clip of a baseball team standing for the anthem. One player was kneeling, but another thing that I noticed was the fact that his hat was not only removed from his head, but it was over his heart too which is how all the other players held their hats...I am not cheer leading those who refuse to stand, but to me, that player not standing, but doing such a thing with his hat still should be taken into consideration when the guy very well could've thumbed his nose at both forms of respect and not just one.

God bless you and the team always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
I was told the protest is against the Star Spangled Banner for the stanza about slaves, which is left out when sung at the ball park but is part of the original song.

I was told the protest is against the Star Spangled Banner for the stanza about slaves, which is left out when sung at the ball park but is part of the original song.
The stanza in question states that neither slave nor hireling fighting for the British is innocent.

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with the stanza. I like it.

Every race on the planet has been enslaved, yet blacks are the only ones who can't get over it. They protest their great, great, great, great grandparents enslavement by shooting each other while proclaiming that their lives matter.
Yes many races have been enslaved.
Here, Africans were enslaved. For centuries. Are you five? If not then it's probably people's grandparents or great grandparents that were enslaved.
When slavery ended, it didn't disappear.
Their parents were discriminated against, segregated, intimidated, or even killed when they attempted to make social advances.
Advance just a few decades to the present. There is still oppression and inequity to be challenged. So don't expect the protests to stop.

Yes many races have been enslaved.
Here, Africans were enslaved. For centuries. Are you five? If not then it's probably people's grandparents or great grandparents that were enslaved.
When slavery ended, it didn't disappear.
Their parents were discriminated against, segregated, intimidated, or even killed when they attempted to make social advances.
Advance just a few decades to the present. There is still oppression and inequity to be challenged. So don't expect the protests to stop.
The same goes for every other race known to man, every other race got over it.

Forum List

Back