i broke his wee trust......

he is getting too big for the sink....but today he still fits....the water was tepid at best...

001-34.jpg

004-33.jpg

it is a good thing trust can be restored with a warm towel and plenty of rubbing....of course he insisted on having his favorite place to sleep for 2 hours....
Look at those precious little eyes. Awwwwwww, strollingbones, :thanks:

I din't know you could wash a cat.

Yeah, and that is what cats WANT you to think too. I start bathing kittens at 5 weeks old. It gets them used to the idea that baths are just another part of normal life.

Some of them just love the warm water once they get used to it.
I love this place!

Thanks syrenn, I'm going to employ that now. Mr. Gatito (Touch) is only 18, but I bet he might just get used to a warm bath now and then. :)

:thanks:

We are down to the one at our house - but he's big enough for two! And purrs double-time.....
Still, I think the poor lump must be lonely 'cause he follows us around and whimpers at us all the time.

Maybe I'll adopt a kitty down in NJ while I'm visiting my Sis - then I'll have someone to keep me company on the drive back home.

doesn't it disrupt his skin balance/ph/hair oil content'/etc?

I mean, I bathe cats if they need it, but I'm really reluctant to put soap on any animal with fur unless it's just absolutely necessary (and sometimes it is).
Aren't some cat shampoos imbued with lanolin/cat goodie stuff?

We are down to the one at our house - but he's big enough for two! And purrs double-time.....
Still, I think the poor lump must be lonely 'cause he follows us around and whimpers at us all the time.

Maybe I'll adopt a kitty down in NJ while I'm visiting my Sis - then I'll have someone to keep me company on the drive back home.

Cats love being the only animal in the house.

Your cat just likes being around you. If he rubs his head on you that means you belong to him because scent glands in front of their ears marks you and is telling other cats you are their territory.

doesn't it disrupt his skin balance/ph/hair oil content'/etc?

I mean, I bathe cats if they need it, but I'm really reluctant to put soap on any animal with fur unless it's just absolutely necessary (and sometimes it is).

There is special cat shampoo and conditioners to deal with that problem. I like the brand earthbath.

Your cat just likes being around you. If he rubs his head on you that means you belong to him because scent glands in front of their ears marks you and is telling other cats you are their territory.

I don't know about that mud. I have 7 cats and raise them as a pack. They all get along..sleep together...eat drink out of the same troughs...use the same litter box.

Its all about the training. :tongue:

I don't know about that mud. I have 7 cats and raise them as a pack. They all get along..sleep together...eat drink out of the same troughs...use the same litter box.

If those cats had half a chance they'd snuff the other 6.

Cats can adapt. When they learn to get along they show their disdain for the others in subtle ways. Sometimes they like to be the first one in the fresh cat box.

Last edited:

I don't think so mud. They all get along very well. One of them is letting a new kitten breast feed off of ... him.

Cats can adapt. When they learn to get along they show their disdain for the others in subtle ways. Sometimes they like to be the first one in the fresh cat box.

oh i know.... lol.

either the first one in the box... or they don't burry their doodle.

I dunno I'm just real concerned that bones is going to wash that kitty until there's nothing left....I think we need an intervention.

now now its a special shampoo made for kittens.....just want to see if i can un skank him.....his fur is soft and clean but still has that electric look

I dunno I'm just real concerned that bones is going to wash that kitty until there's nothing left....I think we need an intervention.

first she rubs it a lot while wet, then she rubs it a lot to get it dried, and it can't be just a coincidence that she then tells us how it feels.

just cant help yourself can you?

You are the one who talks about rubbing and rubbing and the ensuing feeling but I'm the one who cannot help himself?
:lol:

Forum List

Back