i broke his wee trust......

The kitten bath reminds me of years ago, that teeny thing showing up, just saturated with fleas. Too little for the flea medicine, so a flea bath it was. And after it was done, she ran off to take comfort ... in the litter box. Yes, a soaked kitten in clay litter. A second bath was necessary to get the clay off her.

She's behind me now on the chair, grooming my head thoroughly. Apparently, my hygeine is not up to her standards. I'm sporting a funky catspit hairdo now.

The siamese in my pic is a different cat, a feral boy I called "Mr. Meezer" who hung around for a few years. I got him neutered and vaccinated, and kept him fed. I'm hoping he charmed his way into a home somewhere, because I did teach him he'd get fed if he showed off his beautiful self to people.

Last edited:
he is getting too big for the sink....but today he still fits....the water was tepid at best...

001-34.jpg

004-33.jpg

it is a good thing trust can be restored with a warm towel and plenty of rubbing....of course he insisted on having his favorite place to sleep for 2 hours....

They look so shriveled and cute when they are wet!

he is getting too big for the sink....but today he still fits....the water was tepid at best...

001-34.jpg

004-33.jpg

it is a good thing trust can be restored with a warm towel and plenty of rubbing....of course he insisted on having his favorite place to sleep for 2 hours....

They look so shriveled and cute when they are wet!

I like em fluffy.

3rd bath did not go quite as easy as first two....seems he has caught on that he is the only one getting baths.....and when i finished...even the warm towel would not make him happy....he found a spot in the sun and pouted....

3rd bath did not go quite as easy as first two....seems he has caught on that he is the only one getting baths.....and when i finished...even the warm towel would not make him happy....he found a spot in the sun and pouted....

He will live. :tongue:

Yeah I don't think it's super good for them on a regular basis. Unless they have some condition that makes it necessary.

Hairless cats need it once a week but the bulk of them only need a bath if they get fleas.

A friend of mine has a cat that takes showers with him.

My cat Velcro loves water. She's fallen into my bath at least half a dozen times. She just doesn't like being wet and she doesn't like being handled. She decides when it's time to be petted and then she books when it's enough.

True about Sphynx cats needing baths. They get really funky if you don't wash them. My last Sphynx died last week, I will miss bath time...

Yeah I don't think it's super good for them on a regular basis. Unless they have some condition that makes it necessary.

Hairless cats need it once a week but the bulk of them only need a bath if they get fleas.

My cat Velcro loves water. She's fallen into my bath at least half a dozen times. She just doesn't like being wet and she doesn't like being handled. She decides when it's time to be petted and then she books when it's enough.

True about Sphynx cats needing baths. They get really funky if you don't wash them. My last Sphynx died last week, I will miss bath time...

((hugs))

I've had cats that always had to jump up on the tub when it was full, and who always fell in. So they must have liked it.

I am currently catless. I can't say I miss them.

I didn't have one for 3 years then broke down and got two.

They're a lot of company.

I currently have only six. I have been able to satisfy my drive to "save" disadvantaged cats lately by contributing goat milk to the local cat rescue groups. Lady came by this afternoon and took away all six gallons of today's production. I have had cats almost all my life and cannot imagine life without at least two.

I've had cats that always had to jump up on the tub when it was full, and who always fell in. So they must have liked it.

I am currently catless. I can't say I miss them.

I currently have only six. I have been able to satisfy my drive to "save" disadvantaged cats lately by contributing goat milk to the local cat rescue groups. Lady came by this afternoon and took away all six gallons of today's production. I have had cats almost all my life and cannot imagine life without at least two.

ok...question.

What does the rescue do with the goat milk?

The kitten bath reminds me of years ago, that teeny thing showing up, just saturated with fleas. Too little for the flea medicine, so a flea bath it was. And after it was done, she ran off to take comfort ... in the litter box. Yes, a soaked kitten in clay litter. A second bath was necessary to get the clay off her.

She's behind me now on the chair, grooming my head thoroughly. Apparently, my hygeine is not up to her standards. I'm sporting a funky catspit hairdo now.

The siamese in my pic is a different cat, a feral boy I called "Mr. Meezer" who hung around for a few years. I got him neutered and vaccinated, and kept him fed. I'm hoping he charmed his way into a home somewhere, because I did teach him he'd get fed if he showed off his beautiful self to people.

That hair story reminds me of a now (long) passed cat, Chester. He used to "comb" my hair out over the pillow every night before he settled in and made himself a nest. You might believe how meticulously he smoothed out my hair before burying himself in it. Drove me nuts!

((hugs))

Thanks. I will say this, if you are looking for the most cuddly, physically affectionate cat, get a Sphynx. If you don't want to pay the outrageous money the breeders want, find a rescue. That's how I got both my boys. Most people think they're really cool but they don't account for the fact that they are VERY high maintenance cats. They need regular baths, their ears get filthy, and even their claws and feet need extra cleaning. The trade off is having the most affectionate cat you will ever be owned by.

((hugs))

Thanks. I will say this, if you are looking for the most cuddly, physically affectionate cat, get a Sphynx. If you don't want to pay the outrageous money the breeders want, find a rescue. That's how I got both my boys. Most people think they're really cool but they don't account for the fact that they are VERY high maintenance cats. They need regular baths, their ears get filthy, and even their claws and feet need extra cleaning. The trade off is having the most affectionate cat you will ever be owned by.

I foster for a kitten rescue. :tongue:

So far ive never come across a sphynx....yet.

ok...question.

What does the rescue do with the goat milk?

They bottle feed orphaned kittens and the nursing queens get goat milk for the extra nutrition. Goat's milk is probably the best substitute for many types of mammals, better than cow's milk in many ways. My veterinarian sometimes asks me for goat milk when he has another client that needs to feed an orphan animal. Even lactose intolerant people can drink goat milk. At any rate, the cats seem to thrive on it. I have a cat I rescued at 2 weeks and bottle fed with goat's milk. He's almost a year old now and an absolute darling powerhouse. We named him Sherman, as in Tecumseh Sherman. He's capable of leaving a swath of destruction that impressive...

I foster for a kitten rescue. :tongue:

So far ive never come across a sphynx....yet.

They are such a novelty, and still pretty rare and expensive, you almost never will. Queens usually throw very small litters, 1-2 kittens. Breeders will sell "pet-quality" kittens for $1200. I live in AK and the only breeder who was up here gave up the business because she couldn't make money selling kittens for that price. She finally sold up and I was able to rescue a couple of her older toms. Most of the Sphynx cats that come available via rescues in the Lower 48 (contiguous states) usually have behavioral issues. They are really awesome cats, though.

Forum List

Back