I am going to quit my job.

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
The job I currently have has to do primarily with economics and customer-support/acquisition. It is still my first job and first company I am working for.
I work at this company for 4 years.
But this job is not the area where I was educated in, I have a Bachelor in Electro-Technology.

I am the youngest of 3 brothers. My oldest brother has Diploma in Informatics. My middle-aged brother has the same education as me.
In German Education system, Bachelor degrees were introduced just some years ago. Before there were only Diploma degrees.

My oldest brother who lives permanently in Germany is going to found a limited company. He also gets start up promotion from German State. He will found the company in January. It will be a 4 men company (me included) in the beginning, and in February my oldest brother will appoint me officially as his worker.
But, I will work for the company beginning on 3rd January. But officially in February.
In January and maybe also February, I will stay at the apartment of my brother, who is married but has no children so far. And then hopefully, I will rent me an own apartment.

The new job also has nothing to do with my original education, but it has to do with Computers and Software (Informatics).
The office rooms are within a University owned building for start-up companies and my brother intends to hire cheap students for traineeships at a later point.

I will be payed much less on a monthly basis, then I am currently payed, but I will get bonus payments if finances of the company permit.

For eating I will primarily rely on the cooking-art of my sister in law as she has offered this already to me.
So, my next chapter of life will be heavily involved into my brother's life.

Taking chances like this is a 50/50 proposition at the very best. Unfortunately it will likely not work out.
Having said that, your young. So do it.

Taking chances like this is a 50/50 proposition at the very best. Unfortunately it will likely not work out.
Having said that, your young. So do it.

In Germany, there exists something called 'pseudo self-employment', which means, that if +83% of all your orders received come from same customer, you will get problems with Finance Ministry.
There are more factors to consider on the subject of 'pseudo self-employment', but the business plan of my brother permits the company to survive for 3 years, given there are no incomes.

He has saved some money and he also gets start-up promotion from State, and he had to apply for it based on the business-plan. The promotion was permitted and it is a 5 digit sum divided into 12 monthly installments. After those 12 months are over, you can again apply for another 6 months.

The office rooms in the University building are only available for technological start-up companies. The square-meter costs 8€ (everything included: Internet, electricity, water). The University also checked the company's working-area, and permitted to move in.

Forum List

Back