My encounter with a convenience store clerk on Thanksgiving day

Not impressed by Gen-Z, not one bit.
Exactly - 100%.
My first jobs early in my career sucked also... it is part of it.
And you worked hard despite that fact because we looked at our jobs as a stepping stone to better things.
This generation wants everything for no effort.
It won't end well for them or us

Used to be One of the riskiest jobs in America? Female alone? Verminous thugs and Junkies coming in drunk, off work, jonesing, losing football bets, cash register with money, weak female. What could go wrong?

plenty have been shot even after complying. Some shot for fun apparently. Watch those shows that go after them from video. Not a job for the naive or for anyone unarmed & alone.

No!! She DID NOT make an 'honest comment!' She insulted the customer, telling him he should have done the 'RIGHT THING' and should have stayed home!! Who is she to tell anyone what the 'right thing' to do is? Narcissistic bitch.

it was only her opinion. Why don’t people relax. Getting like a leftist kabal of Karens’ up in here. Maybe the sarcasm is missed by me? If so, apologies. And lol!

Last edited:
it was only her opinion. Why don’t people relax. Getting like a leftist kabal of Karens’ up in here.
She told the customer he should have stayed home. I guess that's her opinion. My opinion is that she's a flaming bitch and should be fired.

Did you tell her she made the decision to work there and if she doesnt like it she should find another job?

No I did not, I wanted to say something like that, but I figured it was Thanksgiving, so my gift to her was to let her vent.
I have a feeling with her attitude, she probably won't be there long.

Last edited:
My question for her would've been how long her shift was. To me, if a person has to work, it shouldn't be for the whole day. They should be given some kind of break if they have to come in at all. I worked today, but I was given a shorter shift compared to what I normally work. One thing that I would've said to the girl is that the good thing is that she is getting paid for the time that she spends at her job. Those who go to work on this day at missions and soup kitchen places I am guessing do not get paid for their services.

God bless you and them and the girl always!!!

Holly

So on my way to a Thanksgiving dinner, and needed to pick up a few last minute items at a store.
Stopped at a convenience store, not a corporate one, but a local chain. Clerk appeared to be by herself, young lady 20ish.
I was the only one in the store, and when I got up to the counter, I mentioned happy Thanksgiving, and I was sorry she had to work on Thanksgiving, and here was her exact reply.

"You're sorry, and yet, here you are! As long as people keep stopping and coming in on holidays like this, the owner will keep staying open. If people would DO THE RIGHT THING, and stay away, they would not be open, and I could be home!"

I was a bit taken back by this. She's not wrong of course, but she's the one who chose to work for a business that stays open on holidays.
Not exactly an ambassador for her company.
Reminds me of a guy working in our Walmart deli. Every chance he got, he would bitch about Walmart.

Forum List

Back