*Hush Money, Gone Bad!!!!

Campaign Finance Laws. Trump falsified business records to disguise these hush money payments as legal expenses. The charge is that this is an illegal attempt to circumvent campaign finance laws.

Do you know who else got charged in practically the same way? John Edwards. Remember him? Gore's Veep nominee.

Edwards was indicted by a federal grand jury on June 3, 2011, on six felony charges of violating multiple federal campaign contribution laws to cover up an extramarital affair to which he eventually admitted.
Not in Bragg's indictment....Sorry, not sorry.

Sorry bout that,

1. So, Stephanie, the person known as Stormy Danials, didn't stay hushed eh? crazy stuff.
2. So she got the hush many, and yet we are trying to make, Trump pay again? crazy stuff.
3. Manafort is some how involved, a witness to the payoff, so she did get paid? crazy liberal stuff.
4. I see no laws broken, prostitute got paid to be quite, she got the money right? " "
5. Some Karen MacDoggel, another paid prostitute, she gets like 150,00, she was paid right?
6. Again no law broken.
7. Intent is what is best known, we know and see that the left will attack him for, EVERTHING, that comes to their rabbit brains.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You have a lot of research to do to catch up.

I recommend you read some of the many threads on the topic so you don't post based on ignorance.

I realize you all already believe he is not guilty, and that's fine.

Me, I don't know. I'll wait for the trial to run it's course.

That being said, I also realize that an outcome other than not guilty will be unsatisfactory for you, it would not change your opinion, and it would only be an indicator of something more nefarious. It these reasons that make it impossible to not have circular discussions with you.

I didn't indict the man, all I did was answer some questions raised by a post I made, and those answers were based on the charges he faces.

I realize you all already believe he is not guilty, and that's fine.

Me, I don't know. I'll wait for the trial to run it's course.

That being said, I also realize that an outcome other than not guilty will be unsatisfactory for you, it would not change your opinion, and it would only be an indicator of something more nefarious. It these reasons that make it impossible to not have circular discussions with you.

I didn't indict the man, all I did was answer some questions raised by a post I made, and those answers were based on the charges he faces.
It would be easier to determine if he were guilty, were there an underlying crime.

Bragg couldn't even answer that question, when asked by the press.

Campaign Finance Laws. Trump falsified business records to disguise these hush money payments as legal expenses. The charge is that this is an illegal attempt to circumvent campaign finance laws.

Do you know who else got charged in practically the same way? John Edwards. Remember him? Gore's Veep nominee.

Edwards was indicted by a federal grand jury on June 3, 2011, on six felony charges of violating multiple federal campaign contribution laws to cover up an extramarital affair to which he eventually admitted.

Hush money payments aren't campaign contributions.

Edwards used campaign donations to pay off his baby momma.
Trump used his own money you moron.

Campaign finance is a federal jurisdiction....This case is in State court under State indictment.

Fail.

Trump is not John Edwards. And Liebermann was Gore's VP. This is a Kangaroo Court. And I guarantee you it will take decades to have trust in many on the opposing side again. A first world nation acting third world.

and now Trump can't go to son's graduation,

The Judge didn't rule on FPOTUS#45's request for May 17 to attend his son's graduation.

The Judge said it was to early to decide, he denied FPOTUS#45's request to have no court the day his case is argued by other before the SCOTUS. That was denied.

can't campaign....

Sure he can campaign, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

WW

Campaign finance is a federal jurisdiction....This case is in State court under State indictment.

Fail.
My bad. It originally started as a Campaign Finance probe. Michael Cohn did get charged under this law and served a 3-year sentence & $50k fine for this exact crime.

In August 2018, Cohen pleaded guilty in Manhattan federal court to several crimes including campaign finance violations, saying he had arranged hush money payments to two women “for the benefit of, at the direction of, and in coordination with” Trump.

But Trump got off scot-free since he was the incumbent.
Though the prosecutors had gathered evidence of possible crimes by Trump, they couldn’t charge him due in part to longstanding Justice Department policy that bars federal authorities from bringing criminal charges against a sitting president.

After Cohen pleaded guilty, the Manhattan district attorney’s office, then under the leadership of Cy Vance, opened an investigation into whether the hush money payments violated New York state law. But because federal prosecutors were continuing to pursue investigative threads stemming from the Cohen probe, they asked Vance’s office to pause its inquiry.

So, yes. Trump is being charged under NY state law, but the case started as a campaign finance violation. This is the problem when you deal with a scumbag like Trump. So, many indictments that you lose track of.

My bad. It originally started as a Campaign Finance probe. Michael Cohn did get charged under this law and served a 3-year sentence & $50k fine for this exact crime.

In August 2018, Cohen pleaded guilty in Manhattan federal court to several crimes including campaign finance violations, saying he had arranged hush money payments to two women “for the benefit of, at the direction of, and in coordination with” Trump.

Though the prosecutors had gathered evidence of possible crimes by Trump, they couldn’t charge him due in part to longstanding Justice Department policy that bars federal authorities from bringing criminal charges against a sitting president.

After Cohen pleaded guilty, the Manhattan district attorney’s office, then under the leadership of Cy Vance, opened an investigation into whether the hush money payments violated New York state law. But because federal prosecutors were continuing to pursue investigative threads stemming from the Cohen probe, they asked Vance’s office to pause its inquiry.

So, yes. Trump is being charged under NY state law, but the case started as a campaign finance violation. This is the problem when you deal with a scumbag like Trump. So, many indictments that you lose track of.
What it started as is irrelevant.

The State doesn't have the jurisdiction to prosecute federal law....Cy Vance is a total hack Trump hater, and passed on the case....Bragg even passed on it.

Bragg doesn't have so much as a popcorn fart, and he and the corrupt POS judge both know it.

My bad. It originally started as a Campaign Finance probe.

Started as, Cohen wasn't paying his federal taxes.

Five counts of tax evasion, one count of making false statements to a financial institution, one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution and then they added the fake charge, to try and get Trump.

What it started as is irrelevant.

The State doesn't have the jurisdiction to prosecute federal law....Cy Vance is a total hack Trump hater, and passed on the case.
LOL If the state did not have jurisdiction, this would not have come to trial. But it has and it did.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :itsok:

Forum List

Back