Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee came under fire during his presidential run for his commutation of the sentence of Wayne Dumond, who was found guilty of rape and murder in Missouri after being released from prison in Arkansas.

In light of the news that Huckabee commuted the 95-year sentence of the suspect in yesterday’s slaying of four Washington state police officers, we dusted off our 2008 campaign research books to take another look at the numbers.

On his radio show today, Huckabee again addressed the slayings, placing blame both with his own state’s system and the government of Washington.

“Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state,” he said of Clemmons.

Huckabee's commutation record - First Read - msnbc.com

I watched his response which is referenced above: Huckabee did not hesitate to say that he "regretted having made the decision", that it was a bad decision and he also said “Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state,”

He was a chief executive officer of a state and made decisions much more often good than bad. I don't think this will hurt his chances of running for president as much as other problems he has.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee came under fire during his presidential run for his commutation of the sentence of Wayne Dumond, who was found guilty of rape and murder in Missouri after being released from prison in Arkansas.

In light of the news that Huckabee commuted the 95-year sentence of the suspect in yesterday’s slaying of four Washington state police officers, we dusted off our 2008 campaign research books to take another look at the numbers.

On his radio show today, Huckabee again addressed the slayings, placing blame both with his own state’s system and the government of Washington.

“Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state,” he said of Clemmons.

Huckabee's commutation record - First Read - msnbc.com
You're a pathetic POS for politicizing the murder of 4 cops!!!!!
You deserve everything you get.

Huckabee's pardon and clemency policies are a political issue.

Following your logic - commenting on Obama's Afghanistan policy would be "politicizing" the deaths of American military personnel.

Now that we know that you feel it is politicizing deaths - we will immediately be able to spot any hypocrisy on your part.
:eusa_shhh:

Ditto.

and you idiots on the left HAVE politicized the deaths of American soldiers....so my comments apply to all of them as well.

So we all agree, Huck had a lot to do with those four police officers being killed. I wonder if he will

1. Keep his show on fox (of course he will)
2. Visit the family's of the slain (of course he will not, especially considering how he is already saying its not his fault he allowed this guy to get out of a 90 years sentance).

Fox, Huck, killer, republican. All bad words.

Oh bullshit.

The Huckster showed poor judgement in many aspects of his duties while Governor of Arkansas. He shouldn't be mayor of Little Rock, much less any higher office. Beyond that, blame and responsibility lie entirely with the piece of shit that committed the crime.

I agree...and too bad nodog is too stupid to realize the same...it's easier to blame everyone else except the person who committed the crime.

So we all agree, Huck had a lot to do with those four police officers being killed. I wonder if he will

1. Keep his show on fox (of course he will)
2. Visit the family's of the slain (of course he will not, especially considering how he is already saying its not his fault he allowed this guy to get out of a 90 years sentance).

Fox, Huck, killer, republican. All bad words.

Oh bullshit.

The Huckster showed poor judgement in many aspects of his duties while Governor of Arkansas. He shouldn't be mayor of Little Rock, much less any higher office. Beyond that, blame and responsibility lie entirely with the piece of shit that committed the crime.

I agree...and too bad nodog is too stupid to realize the same...it's easier to blame everyone else except the person who committed the crime.

It's obvious that Nodog, and Zona do understand, but much more important to play politics.
Remember, never let a crisis go to waste, the mantra of the left

yeah, yeah - dig down for personal insults when the facts don't support your hypocrisy.

If Obama had pardoned someone who went out and shot someone - especially a police officer - you'd be screaming your little hypocritical head off. YOU know it - I know it. Trying to pretend differently reduces your credibility even more - if that is possible.

But if it makes you feel better about yourself - go ahead and blame me for holding up the mirror to allow you to see your own hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Same standard. Obamalamadipshit shouldn't be the mayor of Springfield Ill. much less any higher office. As potus he has about the same level of responsibility for this as the Huckster.

Last edited:
yeah, yeah - dig down for personal insults when the facts don't support your hypocrisy.

If Obama had pardoned someone who went out and shot someone - especially a police officer - you'd be screaming your little hypocritical head off. YOU know it - I know it. Trying to pretend differently reduces your credibility even more - if that is possible.

But if it makes you feel better about yourself - go ahead and blame me for holding up the mirror to allow you to see your own hypocrisy.

Wasn't an insult Nodog, just an observation.
I wouldn't blame Obama for the perps actions.....but I wouldn't put the perp in a scenario where he could get out either. I don't care who is in charge, conservative, or liberal. But, that's just me.
By the way, there is a difference with the word pardon, and commute, but I do know what you meant in your statement, so no big deal.

The political ads themselves will destroy Huckabee IF he decided to run against Palin for the nomination and everyone knows that, so this is really all a moot point, now isn't it?

but huck didn't pardon him. how about getting your facts straight! can you be that honest? didn't think so.

I wouldn't blame Obama for the perps actions.....but I wouldn't put the perp in a scenario where he could get out either. I don't care who is in charge, conservative, or liberal. But, that's just me.
By the way, there is a difference with the word pardon, and commute, but I do know what you meant in your statement, so no big deal.

let's wait and see if the libtards sing the same tune when obamalama let's the 9-11 terrorist go! Put this thread in a library somewhere.

No you didn't insult and I wasn't directing my post to you. But yeah, I know there is a difference in pardon and commute - the figure I used combined BOTH actions - that's why I lumped them.

And I just want to repeat - I know YOU focused your comments to the issue and not personal insults. Major props. The ability to disagree without resorting to personal insults may be a dying art - but I'm a big fan of it. I hope it rubs off and I can be get better at it too.

but huck didn't pardon him. how about getting your facts straight! can you be that honest? didn't think so.

Huckabee did commute his sentence. Can we all agree on that, at least?

The political ads themselves will destroy Huckabee IF he decided to run against Palin for the nomination and everyone knows that, so this is really all a moot point, now isn't it?

I can't say I'm sorry that Huckabee doesn't have a shot now. But he'll be "willie horton'd" by his fellow repubs before he ever gets past a primary.

An interesting article on the subject:

Mike Huckabee should remember the fate of Michael Dukakis before clemencyBehind the story: James Bone

If Mike Huckabee wanted to know how devastating his decision to show clemency could be, he should remember the fate of Michael Dukakis.

The early release of a convicted murderer, Willie Horton, helped to doom the 1988 presidential campaign of the Democrat.

Horton became a household name when a Republican advertisement criticised Mr Dukakis, a former Massachusetts Governor, for supporting the prison programme that allowed the killer out of jail at weekends. On a weekend in 1986 Horton raped a Maryland woman.

The Massachusetts prison furlough programme was signed into law by a Republican governor in 1972, but Mr Dukakis vetoed a 1976 Bill that would have barred first-degree murderers from it. Horton was serving life without parole for murder.

George Bush Sr seized on the Horton case. The Americans for Bush arm of the National Security Political Action Committee began airing a campaign advertisement titled Weekend Passes that used a picture of Horton.

Lee Atwater, who was Mr Bush’s campaign manager, predicted accurately: “By the time this election is over, Willie Horton will be a household name.”

Mike Huckabee should remember the fate of Michael Dukakis before clemency - Times Online

Commuted down to a 47 year sentence, yes we can agree on that. Give the parole board some credit where credit is due

Commuted down to a 47 year sentence, yes we can agree on that. Give the parole board some credit where credit is due

Absolutely. But the parole board won't be running for president in 2012. And they never would have gotten the opportunity to look at the issue had the sentence not been commuted.

Agreed. HOWEVER, anyone with even an ounce of politcal saviness knows this is a nail in the coffin of any further political aspirations Huckabee MIGHT have had...

yes, we can, because of the guy's youth he felt a 100 year sentence was kinda harsh so he brought it down to 47, then a parole board paroled him. That's the facts. Since then, some 9 years ago he has comitted 8 felonies in the state of Washington including raping a 12 year old. two judges bailed him out at 15K.. now there's is where the focus should be.

Forum List

Back