Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

My main concern is not this one case - but the PATTERN.

If some folks (not YOU MEISTER) - on either side of the issue - want to try to pretend that it is all about this one case, then I think they underestimate the American public.

Should parole and commutation and clemency be abolished. Serve 100% of a sentence and nothing less. I would love to know the stats on how many parolees re offend. I'm try to find some.

I'm not going to bother to read all of the pages in this thread, the last post alone makes it clear at the ignorance that some show in blaming the former governor.

It's a shame that the four lives lost do not mean anymore than cheap political fodder to some of the liberals and some others.

Mike

It will only be used against him if he runs Mike. He won't. I think he knows what vitriol the libtards are capable of. Did you watch what they did to the Palin family?

What did the "libtards" do to the Palin family....AFTER Sarah Palin trapsed them out in front of every single camera in the world in an attempt to gain cheap political points?

If some folks (not YOU MEISTER) - on either side of the issue - want to try to pretend that it is all about this one case, then I think they underestimate the American public.

Should parole and commutation and clemency be abolished. Serve 100% of a sentence and nothing less. I would love to know the stats on how many parolees re offend. I'm try to find some.

IMHO - No. Pardon, parole, and clemency ALL serve very legitimate purposes in our criminal justice system.
And I like where you are going with the recidivism stats. I'd like to be able to take it one further.
I'd like to be able to see the recidivism rate among those who go through the normal process in Arkansas compared to the recidivism rate among the 1,000 or so that Huckabee granted extraordinary relief to.

MHO is that is the only way to determine IF his policies were flawed.

And if his policies prove sound, then maybe you have to take a look at the criminal justice system in Arkansas for flaws that might account for Huckabee NEEDING to grant extraordinary relief in so many cases.

Last edited:

IMHO - No. Pardon, parole, and clemency ALL serve very legitimate purposes in our criminal justice system.
And I like where you are going with the recidivism stats. I'd like to be able to take it one further.
I'd like to be able to see the recidivism rate among those who go through the normal process in Arkansas compared to the recidivism rate among the 1,000 or so that Huckabee granted extraordinary relief to.

And if his policies prove sound, then maybe you have to take a look at the criminal justice system in Arkansas for flaws that might account for Huckabee NEEDING to grant extraordinary relief in so many cases.

and still you ignore Washington State. Lost all your credibility! Shallowness shows.

I'm not going to bother to read all of the pages in this thread, the last post alone makes it clear at the ignorance that some show in blaming the former governor.

It's a shame that the four lives lost do not mean anymore than cheap political fodder to some of the liberals and some others.

Mike

It will only be used against him if he runs Mike. He won't. I think he knows what vitriol the libtards are capable of. Did you watch what they did to the Palin family?

oh I know Willow, I know.

They draw no lines in their venom. Nothing is off limits, not the dead and not children.

Mike

Mike

They draw no lines in their venom. Nothing is off limits, not the dead and not children.

Mike

Your partisanship is showing. I guess you have already forgotten the venom from the right when they constantly attacked Obama during the campaign about being a ******, a Muslim, a terrorist, etc.?

and still you ignore Washington State. Lost all your credibility! Shallowness shows.

"Ignore Washington State"? What do you want me to say about Washington State? Were they involved in the 1,000 cases I cite?

In the case of the cop killer - they played a roll and may have dropped the ball too. But I've been talking about ALL the cases and the policies and have said that to me it isn't about this one single case.

So your point is that by trying to focus on the broader picture and failing to distill the whole issue into this ONE case is shallow of me?

OK - to each his or her own.

"Ignore Washington State"? What do you want me to say about Washington State? Were they involved in the 1,000 cases I cite?

In the case of the cop killer - they played a roll and may have dropped the ball too. But I've been talking about ALL the cases and the policies and have said that to me it isn't about this one single case.

So your point is that by trying to focus on the broader picture and failing to distill the whole issue into this ONE case is shallow of me?

OK - to each his or her own.

I have to side with nodog on this one. I didn't understand the whole "shallow" accusation either.

Mike

Your partisanship is showing. I guess you have already forgotten the venom from the right when they constantly attacked Obama during the campaign about being a ******, a Muslim, a terrorist, etc.?

Or that they are using our troops as political football to try to score points against Obama - or that the "Obamabot" media talked a heck of a lot more about a tea party at William Ayers house than they did about Huckabee's policies on pardons and commutations?

The hyper-partisans (on BOTH sides) are always going to try to twist and and turn and wiggle the issues into their very narrow perspectives. It's a good reason to keep them out of control.

Last edited:
Huckabee's political career is now done. This is far worse than Willie Horton.

Not that I see this as a bad thing. He's a big government republican.

don't be a sheeple and accept rightwinger's false accusation that huckabee freed this guy....he didn't

huckabee commuted his sentence which made him ELIGIBLE for parole, it was not guaranteed that his commutation would actually grant him parole....the BOP granted him parole....he then committed ANOTHER crime and was sent back....huckabee neither commuted this sentence or freed him on parole, once again, it was solely the BOP that released him....

don't believe the lie that huckabee freed this guy

don't be a sheeple and accept rightwinger's false accusation that huckabee freed this guy....he didn't

huckabee commuted his sentence which made him ELIGIBLE for parole, it was not guaranteed that his commutation would actually grant him parole....the BOP granted him parole....he then committed ANOTHER crime and was sent back....huckabee neither commuted this sentence or freed him on parole, once again, it was solely the BOP that released him....

don't believe the lie that huckabee freed this guy

what about the other 999?

I am a dedicated, extremely liberal Democrat. And I have admired MH for the dedication he showed in losing that weight. I have had to fight weight gain my entire life, and it isn't fun. Also, I liked his personality on the campaign trail. Not considering his politics, he seems like a really nice guy.

My question is, does anybody know why he let this guy out of prison?? I'm not saying he did the right thing. But I at least would like to know the reason. He had to have had one!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ravi
There are other charges they could face. In theory, they could face various charges from various law enforcement bodies for the rest of their natural lives.
ravi supports eternal charges for criminals if they are found not guilty the first time....the second time

I agree with Ravi - I think it is correct to adjudicate ALL applicable charges in ALL appropriate jurisdictions.

Why would anyone NOT support that?

I am a dedicated, extremely liberal Democrat. And I have admired MH for the dedication he showed in losing that weight. I have had to fight weight gain my entire life, and it isn't fun. Also, I liked his personality on the campaign trail. Not considering his politics, he seems like a really nice guy.

My question is, does anybody know why he let this guy out of prison?? I'm not saying he did the right thing. But I at least would like to know the reason. He had to have had one!!!

oh my,, for the umpteeenth time. he did not let him out,, because of the guys youth Huckabee took pity and commuted a 100 year sentence down to 47, 47 made the guy eligible for parole, The parole board paroled him. Now since that time the guys has violated his parole at least 5 times and racked up 8 felonious charges in the state of Washington. They still let him out after raping a 12 year old relative. This was a disaster of epic proportions that a lot of misguided people (including Huckabee) let happen. And four innocent people are dead.

Ok, this needs to be a public apology. I called Rinata someone with a big ass. I did it more than once. Reading her post above makes me not very proud of my comments. Rinata, I'm sorry, people who struggle with weight don't need people making comments like that.

I also note a much more civil tone to your posts yesterday and today. Kudos for choosing the high road.

oh my,, for the umpteeenth time. he did not let him out,, because of the guys youth Huckabee took pity and commuted a 100 year sentence down to 47, 47 made the guy eligible for parole, The parole board paroled him. Now since that time the guys has violated his parole at least 5 times and racked up 8 felonious charges in the state of Washington. They still let him out after raping a 12 year old relative. This was a disaster of epic proportions that a lot of misguided people (including Huckabee) let happen. And four innocent people are dead.

Thanks for responding. But I really didn't know the answer or I wouldn't have asked. As for MH, I cannot criticize him for his decision. I probably would have felt sorry for the guy and done the exact same thing.

I also know that if I had, I would be crushed about what happened. Because of that shooter, 9 kids are left without a father. I'm sure MH is devastated by the roll he played. I think people should lay off him and stop saying it was his fault.

Ok, this needs to be a public apology. I called Rinata someone with a big ass. I did it more than once. Reading her post above makes me not very proud of my comments. Rinata, I'm sorry, people who struggle with weight don't need people making comments like that.

I also note a much more civil tone to your posts yesterday and today. Kudos for choosing the high road.

Does it look like the one in Xenophon's avatar???

That's so nice!!! Thank you!! Well, I have always hated when people start arguing and every post is between them. In essence, they hijack the thread. I don't want to be a part of that. It's very boring and unfair to others.

And you're forgiven for the comments about my rear!!! I'm Italian and I love to eat!!! I could eat pasta every single night and never get tired of it. Plus I am not very tall, so extra weight shows a lot. The most overweight I have been is 30 pounds and it was murder to take it off and keep it off. So that's why I admire MH. He lost 110 pounds in 18 months!! And he hasn't gained it back. That's also hard. The discipline it had to take is just amazing to me. I really salute him.

Thanks again for such a nice post. :)

Forum List

Back