How To Start Real Change

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
When you say "white people need to listen to black people" to me that's naive because that assumes that white people are ignorant about racism.

How can people who screw you over be unaware about the fact that they're screwing you over ?

That dumb act white people put on is an act

• They can tell you what weather was like a 100 thousand years ago.
  • They can tell you how exactly how deep every ocean is.
  • They can tell you how hot the sun is.
And you think the people who can do all that fancy smart sh*t are all of sudden clueless about racism ? And need educating by black people ?

They know.

Seeing black people fked up is white supremacist like Taz, Mudda, SobieskiSavedEurope, harmonica, Claudette, Rambunctious, kaz, get off on. This is what many black people don't get. But u think "Well if tell them how much this racism affects black people, they'll change"

NO !!!

The reason many whites get angry at black people is because many of them think

WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE JUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!

How is it possible that we are still here?

They never expected us to last this long and grow stronger despite all the drugs, war, molestation, slavery, guns, police brutality, AIDS, glass ceilings, minstrel shows/ media destruction/ music destruction, prison systems, killings of our boys and girls, poison water/ food supply, Katrina, Haiti etc…etc…etc.

They are baffled at our resilience and cannot come to terms with it. If they were placed in our situation, any of them, they would have died off centuries ago! This is what they fear most but will NEVER dare admit.

Please understand that white racism stems from fear of genetic annihilation and envy of our hue. Racism is about white genetic survival.

So the thought that they can change this behaviour is a high level expectation.

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
When you say "white people need to listen to black people" to me that's naive because that assumes that white people are ignorant about racism.

How can people who screw you over be unaware about the fact that they're screwing you over ?

That dumb act white people put on is an act

• They can tell you what weather was like a 100 thousand years ago.
  • They can tell you how exactly how deep every ocean is.
  • They can tell you how hot the sun is.
And you think the people who can do all that fancy smart sh*t are all of sudden clueless about racism ? And need educating by black people ?

They know.

Seeing black people fked up is white supremacist like Taz, Mudda, SobieskiSavedEurope, harmonica, Claudette, Rambunctious, kaz, get off on. This is what many black people don't get. But u think "Well if tell them how much this racism affects black people, they'll change"

NO !!!

WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE JUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!

200w.webp

How is it possible that we are still here?

They never expected us to last this long and grow stronger despite all the drugs, war, molestation, slavery, guns, police brutality, AIDS, glass ceilings, minstrel shows/ media destruction/ music destruction, prison systems, killings of our boys and girls, poison water/ food supply, Katrina, Haiti etc…etc…etc.

They are baffled at our resilience and cannot come to terms with it. If they were placed in our situation, any of them, they would have died off centuries ago! This is what they fear most but will NEVER dare admit.

Please understand that white racism stems from fear of genetic annihilation and envy of our hue. Racism is about white genetic survival.

So the thought that they can change this behaviour is a high level expectation.

Well you must understand that there are a lot of us who are sorry for the past and present. All the drugs, war, molestation, slavery, guns, police brutality, AIDS, glass ceilings, minstrel shows/ media destruction/ music destruction, prison systems, killings of our boys and girls, poison water/ food supply, Katrina

And we are proud of your people for going through all that and still being great Americans. Most of you. The vast majority of you. Despite all the things we have done and do to you.

This weekend I was in Detroit. It was great to see groups of black people and groups of white people having fun on these.

Hopefully in the future we will have blacks and whites riding these things together. I know it happens but I'd like to see it happen more often.

.... I'm not buying it. .....

No one cares what you're buying.

No one cares that you aren't buying anything because you are broke. Sitting at home all summer typing away on your keyboard waiting for summer to end because you are broke and it's no fun to have all that time off when you have no $.

Maybe if gas prices go down you'll be able to take that trip you've been saving up for

John Legend lives in Beverly Hills...82% white, 9% Asian, 5% Hispanic And 2% Black. Why do these inclusive elitist liberal shitbags always live in the whitest neighborhoods money can buy?

I have cop friends. .....

We already know you have no friends, liar.
I can just imagine you and your one friend sitting around drinking wine talking about analects

I've sat around with lots of friends talking about them, among other things you wouldn't understand. I once sat around with a friend in the back rooms of a taoist temple in China drinking moutai and talking about the tao te ching until the bottle was empty.

I can just imagine you and your one friend sitting around drinking wine talking about analects

I've sat around with lots of friends talking about them, among other things you wouldn't understand. I once sat around with a friend in the back rooms of a taoist temple in China drinking moutai and talking about the tao te ching until the bottle was empty.

That's nonsense. You'd have to be drunk to have that stupid conversation. Taoism, confucianism & buddhism are all bullshit. Ask any real American.

On another note, my girl is going to Tennessee to visit friends from tomorrow to Sunday. This is the text messages this morning

Me: I'll be home 8:30 if you want to have some drinks and see a sunset

Her: Ok perfect

What are you doing tonight unkotare? I bet you won't be on a boat or with a beautiful 25 year old.

WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE JUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!....

Has anyone ever said this to you? Your constant obsession with race has addled your mind and left you paranoid.

You need help from a mental health professional.

That's nonsense. You'd have to be drunk to have that stupid conversation. Taoism, confucianism & buddhism are all bullshit. ......

As I said, it falls under the huge umbrella of things you are incapable of understanding, shitforbrains.

I notice how the OP never mention actually doing something.

Listening to people whine about their problems doesn't accomplish anything

On another note, my girl is going to Tennessee to visit friends from tomorrow to Sunday. ........

Give it up, closet case. No one believes you. A (supposed) man 'of a certain age' who is a confirmed bachelor...everyone knows what that means. Might as well accept yourself as you are.

That's nonsense. You'd have to be drunk to have that stupid conversation. Taoism, confucianism & buddhism are all bullshit. ......

As I said, it falls under the huge umbrella of things you are incapable of understanding, shitforbrains.

You think Taoism, confucianism & buddhism are serious things? Care to take this to the religious forum and we can ask your fellow Republicans if that stuff is bullshit or not?

That white people need to listen to black people.
Why should white people listen to black people about anything? ... :dunno:

Anywhere that large numbers of black people live; world wide or here in the U.S.

Crime is rampant, drugs use and addiction is off the charts, gang violence and murders are a daily occurrence, single mothers with several kids is the norm, and getting an education is a low priority, etc. ..... :cool:

Because whites created the conditions.

The Racist Housing Policy That Made Your Neighborhood

One of the most heinous of these policies was introduced by the creation of the Federal Housing Administration in 1934, and lasted until 1968. Otherwise celebrated for making homeownership accessible to white people by guaranteeing their loans, the FHA explicitly refused to back loans to black people or even other people who lived near black people. As TNC puts it, "Redlining destroyed the possibility of investment wherever black people lived."

A New Kind Of City Tour Shows The History Of Racist Housing Policy

Yes, telling private property owners what to do with their own property is soooooooo American.

I hear the HUD advertisement on the way to work almost every morning. It makes me sick.

That white people need to listen to black people.
Why should white people listen to black people about anything? ... :dunno:

Anywhere that large numbers of black people live; world wide or here in the U.S.

Crime is rampant, drugs use and addiction is off the charts, gang violence and murders are a daily occurrence, single mothers with several kids is the norm, and getting an education is a low priority, etc. ..... :cool:

Because whites created the conditions.

One of the most heinous of these policies was introduced by the creation of the Federal Housing Administration in 1934, and lasted until 1968. Otherwise celebrated for making homeownership accessible to white people by guaranteeing their loans, the FHA explicitly refused to back loans to black people or even other people who lived near black people. As TNC puts it, "Redlining destroyed the possibility of investment wherever black people lived."

A New Kind Of City Tour Shows The History Of Racist Housing Policy

Yes, telling private property owners what to do with their own property is soooooooo American.

I hear the HUD advertisement on the way to work almost every morning. It makes me sick.

Go find a doctor then.

Yeah like you raggedy racists whining about blacks all the time.

I don't whine about Blacks

I just don't care about them just like you Blacks don't care about Blacks

When you won't do shit about young Blacks killing each other why the fuck should I?

You think Taoism, confucianism & buddhism are serious things? ......

I think theology is one of the many, many subjects far over your head.

I don't whine about Blacks

I just don't care about them just like you Blacks don't care about Blacks

When you won't do shit about young Blacks killing each other why the fuck should I?
So that violence doesn’t eventually spread to your neighborhood

Forum List

Back