How To Start Real Change

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
When you say "white people need to listen to black people" to me that's naive because that assumes that white people are ignorant about racism.

How can people who screw you over be unaware about the fact that they're screwing you over ?

That dumb act white people put on is an act

• They can tell you what weather was like a 100 thousand years ago.
  • They can tell you how exactly how deep every ocean is.
  • They can tell you how hot the sun is.
And you think the people who can do all that fancy smart sh*t are all of sudden clueless about racism ? And need educating by black people ?

They know.

Seeing black people fked up is white supremacist like Taz, Mudda, SobieskiSavedEurope, harmonica, Claudette, Rambunctious, kaz, get off on. This is what many black people don't get. But u think "Well if tell them how much this racism affects black people, they'll change"

NO !!!

The reason many whites get angry at black people is because many of them think

WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE JUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!

How is it possible that we are still here?

They never expected us to last this long and grow stronger despite all the drugs, war, molestation, slavery, guns, police brutality, AIDS, glass ceilings, minstrel shows/ media destruction/ music destruction, prison systems, killings of our boys and girls, poison water/ food supply, Katrina, Haiti etc…etc…etc.

They are baffled at our resilience and cannot come to terms with it. If they were placed in our situation, any of them, they would have died off centuries ago! This is what they fear most but will NEVER dare admit.

Please understand that white racism stems from fear of genetic annihilation and envy of our hue. Racism is about white genetic survival.

So the thought that they can change this behaviour is a high level expectation.

Your paranoia is showing, my friend.
Your white cognitive dissonance is the only thing showing.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
When you say "white people need to listen to black people" to me that's naive because that assumes that white people are ignorant about racism.

How can people who screw you over be unaware about the fact that they're screwing you over ?

And you think the people who can do all that fancy smart sh*t are all of sudden clueless about racism ? And need educating by black people ?

They know.

Seeing black people fked up is white supremacist like Taz, Mudda, SobieskiSavedEurope, harmonica, Claudette, Rambunctious, kaz, get off on. This is what many black people don't get. But u think "Well if tell them how much this racism affects black people, they'll change"

NO !!!

They never expected us to last this long and grow stronger despite all the drugs, war, molestation, slavery, guns, police brutality, AIDS, glass ceilings, minstrel shows/ media destruction/ music destruction, prison systems, killings of our boys and girls, poison water/ food supply, Katrina, Haiti etc…etc…etc.

They are baffled at our resilience and cannot come to terms with it. If they were placed in our situation, any of them, they would have died off centuries ago! This is what they fear most but will NEVER dare admit.

Please understand that white racism stems from fear of genetic annihilation and envy of our hue. Racism is about white genetic survival.

How so?

They know.

NO !!!

How so?
I'm not going to waste my time explaining your cognitive dissonance to you. Your reply is proof you have it and nothing I can say will help you believe it. You need a therapist to address it.

• Thanks

They know.

NO !!!

How so?
I'm not going to waste my time explaining your cognitive dissonance to you. Your reply is proof you have it and nothing I can say will help you believe it. You need a therapist to address it.

I know what it is. Not sure you do, though.

They know.

NO !!!

How so?

If you know what it is why are you asking me?

How so?

Because you're applying it to me somehow. Even though you don't know who I am, what I believe in, what I've done, etc..

How so?

Because you're applying it to me somehow. Even though you don't know who I am, what I believe in, what I've done, etc..
I dont have to know who you are. I just read your reply to a post filled with reality. Obviously it caused you to suffer from cognitive dissonance.

• Thanks

How so?

Well you call a black man paranoid for stating what white people actually do and what some think. And the thing is you know they do it. So then there is something wrong with you mentally.

Well you call a black man paranoid for stating what white people actually do and what some think. And the thing is you know they do it. So then there is something wrong with you mentally.

I mean, let's be real here; there are plenty of black folks who HATE whites, to the point where they wish we would all die a terrible death. That doesn't mean that's some common wish among blacks (at least, I would hope y'all are not like that).

You guys need to do a better job of differentiating between a small group of malcontents, which we know exist in every conceivable group, and the public at large. The brush with which you paint is much too fat.

I mean, let's be real here; there are plenty of black folks who HATE whites, to the point where they wish we would all die a terrible death. That doesn't mean that's some common wish among blacks (at least, I would hope y'all are not like that).

You guys need to do a better job of differentiating between a small group of malcontents, which we know exist in every conceivable group, and the public at large. The brush with which you paint is much too fat.
We are being real. It it was just a small group of white malcontents there wouldnt be a racial problem in the US. Hell Drumpf wouldnt even be in office.

• Thanks

How is your campaign to have the police replace their sidearms with a double leg takedown going, champ?

We are being real. It it was just a small group of white malcontents there wouldnt be a racial problem in the US. Hell Drumpf wouldnt even be in office.

You aren't characterizing the (more widespread) racial animus properly. It isn't hatred, or a desire to see blacks dead. It's fear, and a desire to preserve their culture. They see the country changing at a lightning-fast pace, and their little hearts don't know what to make of it. And even those people are more worried about Hispanics (there is a huge language element in the fear) than blacks, who they largely just don't know and, on a low or even subconscious level, associate with crime.

It has very little to do with wanting black people dead. That's just silly talk.

You aren't characterizing the (more widespread) racial animus properly. It isn't hatred, or a desire to see blacks dead. It's fear, and a desire to preserve their culture. They see the country changing at a lightning-fast pace, and their little hearts don't know what to make of it. And even those people are more worried about Hispanics (there is a huge language element in the fear) than blacks, who they largely just don't know and, on a low or even subconscious level, associate with crime.

It has very little to do with wanting black people dead. That's just silly talk.
That fear and desire to preserve their culture is rooted in their fear of genetic annihilation just like Paul said. Due to the abundance of Blacks on this planet, the fact our genes are dominant, and the attraction females have for Black men absolutely nothing can be done about this short of killing off Black people.

• Thanks

That fear and desire to preserve their culture is rooted in their fear of genetic annihilation just like Paul said. Due to the abundance of Blacks on this planet, the fact our genes are dominant, and the attraction females have for Black men absolutely nothing can be done about this short of killing off Black people.

Now that's funny.

Like I said, they are worried about Hispanics, which is not even a race. Black people are an afterthought.

Also, I'm not sure you understand how genes actually work.

Now that's funny.

Like I said, they are worried about Hispanics, which is not even a race. Black people are an afterthought.

Worry about hispanics is a temporary fear that goes to the background when faced with genetic annihilation. The fear of Blacks is constant and has shaped this nation. This is evident in the quotes, laws, policies, attacks,etc that have historically been hoisted against the Black population.

You dont have to be sure. If you need a refresher course just check out what happens to a white population that interbreeds with a Black one. The child is automatically considered Black by the white race. In other words genetic annihilation.

• Thanks

Now that's funny.

Worry about hispanics is a temporary fear that goes to the background when faced with genetic annihilation. The fear of Blacks is constant and has shaped this nation. This is evident in the quotes, laws, policies, attacks,etc that have historically been hoisted against the Black population.

You dont have to be sure. If you need a refresher course just check out what happens to a white population that interbreeds with a Black one. The child is automatically considered Black by the white race. In other words genetic annihilation.

You are using racist Jim Crow era rules to describe modern genetics? Dunno about that one, buddy .I assure you that very few white people are worried about "genetic annihilation". That sounds like something out of a racist fantasy.

Now that's funny.

You are using racist Jim Crow era rules to describe modern genetics? Dunno about that one, buddy .I assure you that very few white people are worried about "genetic annihilation". That sounds like something out of a racist fantasy.
Where did you get the idea Jim Crow and genetics have anything to do with each other? See what I mean now? Your cognitive dissonance is raising its head again.

Now that's funny.

Where did you get the idea Jim Crow and genetics have anything to do with each other? See what I mean now? Your cognitive dissonance is raising its head again.

You are applying the one drop rule when most modern day people have figured out that rule is ... well, retarded.

I'm sure there are some people who are worried about race mixing, but that is not the primary concern of scared white people, nor is it the driving force behind the Trump movement.

Now that's funny.

You are applying the one drop rule when most modern day people have figured out that rule is ... well, retarded.

I'm sure there are some people who are worried about race mixing, but that is not the primary concern of scared white people, nor is it the driving force behind the Trump movement.
I didnt say anything about one drop. You are the only one that said that.

I beg to differ. As I said the proof is in how this nation is shaped and how it presently treats Blacks.

Now that's funny.

I didnt say anything about one drop. You are the only one that said that.

I beg to differ. As I said the proof is in how this nation is shaped and how it presently treats Blacks.

" .... just check out what happens to a white population that interbreeds with a Black one. The child is automatically considered Black by the white race."

Sounds an awful lot like the one racist ol' one drop rule to me.

Reality is, as usual, much more complicated than racists and idiots would like to believe.

Forum List

Back