How to End Gun Violence

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
You can't, short of executing all males and allowing females to die of old age, extinguishing the age of mankind forever.

Why? Because, while making guns more difficult to obtain may slow the rate of these shootings, there is no possible way to prevent undesirables from obtaining firearms.

Someone on the radio made a good point; that these kinds of school shootings weren't really a thing before Columbine, and yet the AR-15 and its like have been around for several decades prior. Something has changed, and it isn't guns.

What has changed is the set of expectations and assumptions for men and boys.

Simply put, males have no coherent place in society any more. This is increasingly exacerbated every year. The age of the hunter, the laborer, the mill worker ... those days are pretty much done. Today's classrooms and offices suit girls and women much, MUCH better than they do boys and men. Could something be done about that, to help boys out and make them more competitive (hint hint)? Sure, but that won't happen, because women only care about themselves and their flock of hens, and men are not allowed to talk frankly without losing their jobs (and many men don't really care about other males, seeing them as obstacles rather than as allies). I've had people get red-in-the-face angry for having the temerity to suggest that boys get some attention in schools. I'm serious. There is a bizarre anger toward little boys in this country that I find mystifying at best. Those who don't get angry when it's suggested smile politely, but don't actually take the plight of boys seriously.

Well, the plight of boys is why you are seeing these school shootings. The lack of direction, the hopelessness, combined with the allure of becoming infamous in a world ruled by social media, leads us to our current climate.

Thankfully, we have plenty of thoughts and prayers. We may not have any serious solutions (as I mentioned, there really aren't any band aids for something like this), but we certainly have plenty of thoughts and prayers !

P.S. : I am not blaming girls for boys' lack of performance in school, but when they were struggling, we stepped in and tried to help them. Why is this so hard to do for the boys?

Last edited:
we do want to slow the rate of the shootings--of course--??
I don't even have to ask this--do I??

I thought you guys were worried that there were too many people on the planet?

giphy.gif

I thought you guys were worried that there were too many people on the planet?

giphy.gif

Who is "you guys"? Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? You don't know me, cocksucker. Stop pretending that you do.

we do want to slow the rate of the shootings--of course--??
I don't even have to ask this--do I??

Yeah, but to do that you'd need a political system that isn't completely corrupt. Unfortunately, that's nothing but a distant dream for the "great" United States of America.

Even the Trump supporters know our politicians are corrupt as shit.

You can't, short of executing all males and allowing females to die of old age, extinguishing the age of mankind forever.

Why? Because, while making guns more difficult to obtain may slow the rate of these shootings, there is no possible way to prevent undesirables from obtaining firearms.

Someone on the radio made a good point; that these kinds of school shootings weren't really a thing before Columbine, and yet the AR-15 and its like have been around for several decades prior. Something has changed, and it isn't guns.

Simply put, males have no coherent place in society any more. This is increasingly exacerbated every year. The age of the hunter, the laborer, the mill worker ... those days are pretty much done. Today's classrooms and offices suit girls and women much, MUCH better than they do boys and men. Could something be done about that, to help boys out and make them more competitive (hint hint)? Sure, but that won't happen, because women only care about themselves and their flock of hens, and men are not allowed to talk frankly without losing their jobs (and many men don't really care about other males, seeing them as obstacles rather than as allies). I've had people get red-in-the-face angry for having the temerity to suggest that boys get some attention in schools. I'm serious. There is a bizarre anger toward little boys in this country that I find mystifying at best. Those who don't get angry when it's suggested smile politely, but don't actually take the plight of boys seriously.

Well, the plight of boys is why you are seeing these school shootings. The lack of direction, the hopelessness, combined with the allure of becoming infamous in a world ruled by social media, leads us to our current climate.

Thankfully, we have plenty of thoughts and prayers. We may not have any serious solutions (as I mentioned, there really aren't any band aids for something like this), but we certainly have plenty of thoughts and prayers !

P.S. : I am not blaming girls for boys' lack of performance in school, but when they were struggling, we stepped in and tried to help them. Why is this so hard to do for the boys?

End gun violence the same way you end car violence and machete violence.

I'm pro gun - NRA member

but you could hide all the ammunition in the world and people would still beat people in the head with guns.

What makes you think we are not helping boys?

I think the numbers pretty much support this. Either we aren't helping them, or they are just plain deficient by their very nature. Which is a rather depressing thought.

I think the numbers pretty much support this. Either we aren't helping them, or they are just plain deficient by their very nature. Which is a rather depressing thought.

Where do you get they are deficient? I see these kids every day and I don't see it.

For every boys who is a total jerk, there is a girl that is a drama queen.

Where do you get they are deficient? I see these kids every day and I don't see it.

For every boys who is a total jerk, there is a girl that is a drama queen.

Seriously? Do you not realize I'm talking about academic achievement?

Forum List

Back