Zone1 How Old Is Too Old To Trick-Or-Treat

Are Teenagers Too Old For Trick-Or-Treating?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would agree with you that around age 12 is when it evolves from going door-to-door to hosting and going to costume parties. That said, there are exceptions. A physically and mentally handicapped girl in my neighborhood who is well beyond 12 continues to trick-or-treat. There would be no way I would never give her candy;)

Just never be one of these people...

1666090648456.png

At twelve, I was taking my little sister trick or treating, not trick or treating myself. A friend of mine saw all the candy the little kids were getting and sure enough he got a paper bag and went trick or treating with no costume. He looked pretty dumb in my opinion.

There a company that advertises on this site which sells both children's costumes and "slutty" adult versions. It's creepy to see a women in a "plus sized witch" costume with her big booty half out on the top of the page, and a kid wearing a child witch costume on the side.

At twelve, I was taking my little sister trick or treating, not trick or treating myself. A friend of mine saw all the candy the little kids were getting and sure enough he got a paper bag and went trick or treating with no costume. He looked pretty dumb in my opinion.

There a company that advertises on this site which sells both children's costumes and "slutty" adult versions. It's creepy to see a women in a "plus sized witch" costume with her big booty half out on the top of the page, and a kid wearing a child witch costume on the side.

thank goodness for ad blockers...I never get to see such things

I say about fourteen is a bit too old and fifteen and sixteen is WAY too old. Are there any other thoughts about this?
We were suppose to stop at age 16?

Er................um...................now ya tell me.

Kinda disappointed but not surprised that so many here think Trick or Treating should be cut off at age 12 or whatever. I love to see teens T or T. They're out having what we used to call "good, clean fun". What's the problem?

People seem to think Trick or Treating is some kind of litmus test for kids. They must be young, cute, dressed in an appropriately cute costume, and say "trick or treat" and also "thank you". Old farts (really) do not realize that some children are non-verbal and not meaning to be rude. Also, very few children MEAN to be rude--if kids forget to say "thank you" on Halloween, it's most likely because they're beside themselves with excitement and off to dash to the next house.

Seriously, and I repeat: if you're going into it thinking, "these dang rude kids better say thanks", keep your light off.

Please.

Forum List

Back