Zone1 Duopoly: An American Problem

XponentialChaos

Platinum Member
Jul 25, 2018
In my opinion, many of the issues in American politics are rooted in the duopoly. We have a tribal mentality of us vs them and it puts us at odds with each other constantly. We hate each other. We would rather vote for someone we don't like than to let the other party take over. It's a race to the bottom and we're all determined to win.

I know we have some 3rd party voters here who adamantly refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. While I understand your values, I just don't see a 3rd party becoming a realistic option with the current system that we have in place. In my opinion, there needs to be a change to the system in order to break up the duopoly. I've spoken greatly about ranked-choice voting and why I think it's so beneficial here: CDZ - Ranked Voting

But I've gone through that already. Let's just look around the world and examine what other countries are doing. Many countries have branches of government similar to us but don't deal with the same bipartisan crap that we do. The more I look at this, the more it looks like an American problem.

Switzerland. Switzerland is a republic. Their legislative branch consists of two houses. Those houses look like this. The different colors represent different political parties.

1665678806528.png

Mexico. Mexico is a presidential republic. Here is what the houses in their legislature look like.

1665679023388.png

Brazil. Brazil is another presidential republic. Here is what the houses in their legislature look like.

1665679317529.png

Japan. Japan is a constitutional monarchy. The emperor has a limited ceremonial role. The legislative branch looks like this.

1665679619890.png

Germany. Germany is a representative democratic republic. Their legislative branch looks like this.

1665679798263.png

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Now look at the United States of America.

1665679932939.png

Why? Why is the duopoly so prevalent in our politics but not in other countries? What are they doing differently? Why can't we learn from them?

In my opinion, many of the issues in American politics are rooted in the duopoly. We have a tribal mentality of us vs them and it puts us at odds with each other constantly. We hate each other. We would rather vote for someone we don't like than to let the other party take over. It's a race to the bottom and we're all determined to win.

I know we have some 3rd party voters here who adamantly refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. While I understand your values, I just don't see a 3rd party becoming a realistic option with the current system that we have in place. In my opinion, there needs to be a change to the system in order to break up the duopoly. I've spoken greatly about ranked-choice voting and why I think it's so beneficial here: CDZ - Ranked Voting

But I've gone through that already. Let's just look around the world and examine what other countries are doing. Many countries have branches of government similar to us but don't deal with the same bipartisan crap that we do. The more I look at this, the more it looks like an American problem.

Switzerland. Switzerland is a republic. Their legislative branch consists of two houses. Those houses look like this. The different colors represent different political parties.

View attachment 709462

Mexico. Mexico is a presidential republic. Here is what the houses in their legislature look like.

View attachment 709463

Brazil. Brazil is another presidential republic. Here is what the houses in their legislature look like.

View attachment 709464
Japan. Japan is a constitutional monarchy. The emperor has a limited ceremonial role. The legislative branch looks like this.

View attachment 709465

Germany. Germany is a representative democratic republic. Their legislative branch looks like this.

View attachment 709468

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Now look at the United States of America.

View attachment 709470

Why? Why is the duopoly so prevalent in our politics but not in other countries? What are they doing differently? Why can't we learn from them?
coming from you this is hilarious,,,

youve done nothing but attack anyone that disagrees with you,,

my guess is you want only your side and ideas to survive and destroy that which you dont like,,

America is in a fight between Globalists and Nationalists. Globalists back the Democrats and Nationalists back the GOP. The last viable third Party option died with H. Ross Perot the big money will never back a third party candidate again. It's all about money and power and a fight for what America is supposed to become. Choose your team.

coming from you this is hilarious,,,

youve done nothing but attack anyone that disagrees with you,,

my guess is you want only your side and ideas to survive and destroy that which you dont like,,
I’ve attacked people I disagree with. Not everyone I disagree with.

That says nothing about why I support multiple voices in our legislative branch, including the voices of people I disagree with.

Your assumption is baseless.

That says nothing about why I support multiple voices in our legislative branch, including the voices of people I disagree with.

its not an assumption its an observation,,,

This thread is baseless.

View attachment 709462

View attachment 709463

View attachment 709464

View attachment 709465

View attachment 709468

View attachment 709470

The duopoly is really the uniparty, Establishment GOP and Dems.

If you want to see an end to it, vote MAGA.

Either we take it on ourselves to change the system under which the duopoly plays, or we continue to bend over and take it.

This is up to us. Unfortunately, many prefer the status quo, caveman politics.

#ForwardParty
LOL, Andrew Yang’s band of losers? How many establishment Dems did they defeat in the primaries?

Once again.

Why is this an American issue?

What are other countries doing differently?

Either we take it on ourselves to change the system under which the duopoly plays, or we continue to bend over and take it.

This is up to us. Unfortunately, many prefer the status quo, caveman politics.

#ForwardParty

Me Vote for UGH!!!!!!

In England, they vote for the party and the party votes for the Prime Minister.

Not that that's the perfect system, but democracy does have variations on a theme.
Yea. I noticed several variations in different counties.

If we implemented this change in America, would it break up the duopoly in America? Impossible to know for sure, but personally, I don’t think it would.

Forum List

Back