Votes: 5 12.8%
  • At least once a year but not every month

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I have smoked it before, but not in the past year

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I have never touched the stuff

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
What does it matter what your peers here are doing or not doing? You should be smart enough to decide that it is not good for you. When you choose to do something that is not good for you over being bored, you need to develop better activities.

What does it matter what your peers here are doing or not doing? You should be smart enough to decide that it is not good for you. When you choose to do something that is not good for you over being bored, you need to develop better activities.

why so defensive over a simple question?

why so defensive over a simple question?

Your the defensive party. I was pretty specific and to the point.

I smoked it all through High School, mostly on weekends though, and I usually didn't pay for it because I hung around older people back then, who could buy it for me.

I ain't like spending money on it, but I liked smoking it. I'm in the air force now so I can't smoke it, haven't smoke since last September. But I do have an urge here and there. But I've been able to abstain pretty well.

Judgmental asshole #2:clap2:

Did you stop to think maybe a few of our "peers" are using marijuana for medical purposes rather than recreational purposes?

Does your snipe about people needed to develop "better activities" include those who drink? Or just those who smoke marijuana?

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:11

This isn't 1975, people. You can lose your homes, your jobs, and... your children, for fucking around with illegal drugs. You might not like the law. You might not agree with the law. But you're not immune to it.

What's more, unless you're growing your own, you're making a market for an underground industry responsible for death tolls in the tens of thousands. There is a REAL drug war in Mexico. It's not just meaningless jargon leftover from the Reagan years. People die. And the war is spilling over our southern border. This is not, as some claim, a "victimless" crime.

Now, personally, I don't have a problem with changing the law. That's fine by me. Just so long as employers aren't forced to take on stoners and tax dollars are assiduously withheld from their use and maintenance. As long as you're not bothering the rest of us... smoke yourselves blue for all I care.

But since I don't see a scenario in which employers and taxpayers would be fully protected... I doubt we'll see any changes in the law soon.

Did you stop to think maybe a few of our "peers" are using marijuana for medical purposes rather than recreational purposes?

Does your snipe about people needed to develop "better activities" include those who drink? Or just those who smoke marijuana?

One of the posters mentioned using it for pain. The rest made it pretty clear they were recreational users. Better activities included your recreational alcohol over users.

I smoke almost every night, it is my glass of wine after the little one goes to bed. :D

Just curious. Since you're a single parent, what would happen to your baby if you took a bust?

Unless the DEA is targeting people who smoke small amounts, I am not real worried. :D

Interesting. Around here any amount of pot could get you arrested and people get busted buying those small amounts when the dealers are taken down. Perhaps things are different in your area but here getting arrested could mean losing custody of your child.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

This isn't 1975, people. You can lose your homes, your jobs, and... your children, for fucking around with illegal drugs. You might not like the law. You might not agree with the law. But you're not immune to it.

What's more, unless you're growing your own, you're making a market for an underground industry responsible for death tolls in the tens of thousands. There is a REAL drug war in Mexico. It's not just meaningless jargon leftover from the Reagan years. People die. And the war is spilling over our southern border. This is not, as some claim, a "victimless" crime.

Now, personally, I don't have a problem with changing the law. That's fine by me. Just so long as employers aren't forced to take on stoners and tax dollars are assiduously withheld from their use and maintenance. As long as you're not bothering the rest of us... smoke yourselves blue for all I care.

But since I don't see a scenario in which employers and taxpayers would be fully protected... I doubt we'll see any changes in the law soon.

Hey stupid........quoting Bible verses as a way to justify not legalizing pot is a bad move.

Did you know that cannabis oil was one of the ingredients of the Holy Anointing Oil of the Kings of Israel?

God's Chosen People (of which Yeshua was one, you know.....a Jew), used cannabis recreationally as well as medicinally. There is archaeological proof.

Hey stupid........quoting Bible verses as a way to justify not legalizing pot is a bad move.

Did you know that cannabis oil was one of the ingredients of the Holy Anointing Oil of the Kings of Israel?

God's Chosen People (of which Yeshua was one, you know.....a Jew), used cannabis recreationally as well as medicinally. There is archaeological proof.

If god didn't want us to smoke pot, why did he create it. If god didn't want us to drink alcohol, why did god create yeast which produces alcohol from sugars?

Yes, bringing religious quotes into this is totally stupid

Didn't have of those things when I was smoking it. So... next.

Medicinally, yes this is true, I'm not sure about recreational use. Just a question what evidence is there for that? I'm interested to know.

If god didn't want us to smoke pot, why did he create it. If god didn't want us to drink alcohol, why did god create yeast which produces alcohol from sugars?

Yes, bringing religious quotes into this is totally stupid

Well, it actually states in the Bible that "wine was a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men", so there is nothing wrong with drinking.

God's Chosen People (the Hebrews) used it as part of their highest ceremonies in anointing the Kings of Israel, as well as medicinally and recreation.

Besides, THC in smoked cannabis is tailor made for the human brain. In cases of autism, it calms down the brain so that input from the outside world aren't as intense.

In cases of Alzheimer's, the brain has plaque between the synapses, resulting in not all of the signal getting through, and cannabis helps the brain amp up the power of the brain to get more of the signal through.

Considering that, along with all the research that has been done since the 60's by the government as well as medical doctors, well.......it's time that law was taken off the books.

Besides, isn't this the land of the free?

My point isn't about the Bible, stupid. Love the knee-jerk reaction though. :rolleyes:
My point is about behaving childishly.

Hey, I've got a fairly Libertarian view of pot-smoking. But... what that means essentially is that you can't be impeding upon the Liberty of others while you indulge in your own. If your use of an illegal substance drives a market that gets people killed, if employers and taxpayers aren't free to tell you to go stuff yourself for your poor choices... then we're not talking about something that doesn't impose a cost to others.

Either get it legalized and make sure it's no one else's problem... or grow the fuck up.

Last edited:

My point isn't about the Bible, stupid. Love the knee-jerk reaction though. :rolleyes:
My point is about behaving childishly.

Hey, I've got a fairly Libertarian view of pot-smoking. But... what that means essentially is that you can't be impeding upon the Liberty of others while you engage in indulgence of your own. If your use of an illegal substance drives a market that gets people killed, if employers and taxpayers aren't free to tell you to go stuff yourself for your poor choices... then we're not talking about something that doesn't impose a cost to others.

Either get it legalized and make sure it's no one else's problem... or grow the fuck up.

So.........in other words.......you're fine with making it a problem for everyone who DOES smoke, just so that racist law can stay in place?

You are really a fucking 'tard. I'm ashamed to share the name Murphy with a young idiot.

Forum List

Back