How much of your success was because of Government? ....

Guess what?

The taxpayers support and fund the government and idiots like Warren and Obama need to let go of their holier than thou attitude and thank the taxpayers for providing them the opportunity to do what they do. Instead, they think successful taxpayers owe them more than what they already give them, which is ass backward .......

We belong to a society and government is the face of that society. We benefit manyfold operating as part of a great nation rather than as a bunch of individuals trying to succeed on our own. Successful taxpayers have received more and benefit more from our society and are expected to contribute more.

Reasonably stated RW...

The rhetoric some on the left are putting out, including the President, that we should all basically bow down and let them confiscate more of what we earn is troublesome. They're treating this like a one way street and it certainly isn't.....

It is not confiscation it is contribution. You contribute to the society you belong to. It is not a one way street. Returning to previous tax rates is not excessive. Especially since we have run up $14 trillion in debts since reverting to lower tax rates

We belong to a society and government is the face of that society. We benefit manyfold operating as part of a great nation rather than as a bunch of individuals trying to succeed on our own. Successful taxpayers have received more and benefit more from our society and are expected to contribute more.

Reasonably stated RW...

The rhetoric some on the left are putting out, including the President, that we should all basically bow down and let them confiscate more of what we earn is troublesome. They're treating this like a one way street and it certainly isn't.....

It is not confiscation it is contribution. You contribute to the society you belong to. It is not a one way street. Returning to previous tax rates is not excessive. Especially since we have run up $14 trillion in debts since reverting to lower tax rates

Less spending and more people contributing would work wonders, but the demoralizer in chief thinks the only way to prosper is to punish success.

My successes have been in working for government. Does that count?

Depends, do you think you would be successful without working for the government?

Who knows? If I had chosen college instead of joining the military, I'd likely have a very different life and there is no way of knowing if I would be as successful as I am now.

It looks like the President is now using the same rhetoric that the fully clothed Marxist Elizabeth Warren is using, "no one made it on their own, including Steve Jobs". I'm just curious to know on a percentage basis, how much did Government have to do with your success?

I'll be generous and say maybe 15% for me, what say you?

Elizabeth Warren is not a Marxist, nor is the president. I know you're smart enough to know this.

As for how much government was responsible for my success... Well, government built the roads and streets that I went to school on. I grew up in housing specifically protected for middle class people, so had a warm, safe, affordable home to live in while my dad was becoming successful. I went to public schools, had a regents scholarship, student loans guaranteed by the federal government so I could attend a state university...after which I went to a private law school and availed myself of those same federally guaranteed student loans.

...which enabled me to get the education that enabled me to have the profession I have now and the salary I make now...

And now my son goes to public school...his middle school was title I, so the resources were amazing...thereby enabling him to succeed and get into two of the best public high schools in the country

I should add that the same educational and living situation was true for my husband.

We benefit from health insurance from our jobs because of government regulations, and will have social security and pensions (g-d willing) when we're older

How do you quantify that?

Last edited:
My successes have been in working for government. Does that count?

And your inflated government salary TAKES from those who don't work for the government and hinders their ability to spend or invest which fucks this economy.

I don't know what is it you do (I'm sure nothing) but I'm certain a person with your job title in the private sector works 99% harder, is 99% more efficient (due to competition) but makes about 60% of what you make...

Then you have the fucking audacity to have a 99% avatar and talk about how the middle class is dying??

The same assholes that bailed out your labor union bailed out the banks and stuck the private sector with the bill...

Your taxes pay your own salary - hence you don't pay any taxes if you work for the government..

If you don't know what I do, how can you have the audacity and arrogance to claim I'm overpaid and underworked?

I AM middle class and I do pay taxes. I am the 99%.

Reasonably stated RW...

Less spending and more people contributing would work wonders, but the demoralizer in chief thinks the only way to prosper is to punish success.
Raising the tax rate on the middle class and the poor would shoot this economy right in the foot. It's DEMAND that creates jobs and economic growth. Taking away capital from the consumer base only leads to a stagnate economy.

And "punish" success? Were the successful really being punished by paying a 39% marginal tax rate?

Sounds like you seriously lack self-sufficency and pride of independence.

And need the teat of the bureaucrat.
it's amusing the way you folks toss the word independence around.
unless you can
grow your own food
build your own house
build and repair your own machines
do your own medical care
generate your own power
and the thousands of other things that make up true independence ,you're pissing into the wind.

It looks like the President is now using the same rhetoric that the fully clothed Marxist Elizabeth Warren is using, "no one made it on their own, including Steve Jobs". I'm just curious to know on a percentage basis, how much did Government have to do with your success?

My husband and I have never accepted any entitlement. None, zero, zip. No unemployment; no students loans. I work for the govt. (teacher), but I earn that pay. (and then some). I also sent my own children to Catholic school and we are paying 100% of their college tuition. :eusa_whistle:

The only positive effect the government may have had in our business are tax credits for energy efficient appliances. We don't get that tax break; but our customers do. So I'd probably say about ".001 %".

Elizabeth Warren is not a Marxist, nor is the president. I know you're smart enough to know this.

As for how much government was responsible for my success... Well, government built the roads and streets that I went to school on. I grew up in housing specifically protected for middle class people, so had a warm, safe, affordable home to live in while my dad was becoming successful. I went to public schools, had a regents scholarship, student loans guaranteed by the federal government so I could attend a state university...after which I went to a private law school and availed myself of those same federally guaranteed student loans.

...which enabled me to get the education that enabled me to have the profession I have now and the salary I make now...

And now my son goes to public school...his middle school was title 1, so the resources were amazing...thereby enabling him tomsucceed and get into two of the best public high schools in the country

I should add that the same educational and living situation was true of my husband.

We benefit from health insurance from our jobs because of goby regulations, and will have social security and pensions (g-d willing) when we're older

You got loans, not handouts, private entities can do loans, not just the government. Your son is using resources that you are paying for and he wouldn't be getting into said schools without his own achieved merit. Any benefits employers are forced to offer is not necessarily a good thing and i'm sure it has something to do with the lousy unemployment rate. If you have the proper skill set and they want you, you can negotiate any damn thing you want without big daddy gubment. Don't let this rhetoric diminish what you and your family have accomoplished through your own hard work.......

My husband and I have never accepted any entitlement. None, zero, zip. No unemployment; no students loans. I work for the govt. (teacher), but I earn that pay. (and then some). I also sent my own children to Catholic school and we are paying 100% of their college tuition. :eusa_whistle:

The only positive effect the government may have had in our business are tax credits for energy efficient appliances. We don't get that tax break; but our customers do. So I'd probably say about ".001 %".

I tip my cap to you ........ :thup:

Raising the tax rate on the middle class and the poor would shoot this economy right in the foot. It's DEMAND that creates jobs and economic growth. Taking away capital from the consumer base only leads to a stagnate economy.

And "punish" success? Were the successful really being punished by paying a 39% marginal tax rate?

Yep, too damn high, period.........

Emphasis added for irony.

You're acting like she's getting a welfare check or something.....:cuckoo:

Teachers can also teach at private schools as well, you know, without the government........:eusa_whistle:

Teachers can also teach at private schools as well, you know, without the government........:eusa_whistle:

I know. I never said they couldn't.

But, look, here's one who doesn't.

private schools have to abide by govenment standards.....

Forum List

Back