How many of you republicans are rich?

Hilarious. OP punches you guys in the gut and you all run away and shout insults from the other side of the fence. Hereā€™s the deal:

Only 1% of us are truly rich and another 9% of us have any money at all. 90% of us own nothing. There is a sprinkling of the 1% that have convinced the stupid 90% that Democrats want to steal what little they have so that you will protect THEIR massive accumulation of wealth. You have been used, manipulated, and conned by Republicans.

The Democratic Party is the logical choice in our binary system. Donā€™t be conned by Republicans. Donā€™t let them use you. Donā€™t be manipulated.

I'm a straight white male and they blame me for EVERYTHING, and hate me if I dare say that I have any interests or concerns that need addressed.

The rich are irrelevant to that.
Thatā€™s not true. Unless you are a GOP congresssman or a wealthy influencer then almost no one cares about what you think or do.. including the GOP. However the democrats care if you get a fair shot in life and have a reasonable chance at improving your station.

Really? Because I wanted deregulation, and they passed deregulation. I wanted control of our boarders, and they are pushing control of the boarders. I wanted a reduction in taxes, and they reduced taxes. I wanted the embassy moved to Jerusalem, and they moved it to Jerusalem.

If they don't care about my views and opinions at all, then explain why I can think of a dozen things they have stood for in the past, and the present, that are things I have and do want?

Further, as for the Democrats care if you get a fair shot in life.... bull crap. I think of a hundred ways in which they don't, but I'll give you the largest and most obvious....

School choice. Public schools suck. We pay more money per student, than nearly any other 1st world country.

Yet we rank in the lower level of results.

Just on literacy alone.... almost half of all 8th grade students, are reading blow grade level.

Nearly 1/3rd of all students, in our bloated expensive Unionized public school system, are placed into remedial classes when they go to college.

And yet, the Democrats are doing everything in their power to prevent any student from being able to escape bad schools.

Give people a fair chance at life? Are you kidding? They are doing everything to eliminate your chance at a good life, because if you have a good life.... you don't need Democrats. That's why generally speaking successful people end up Republican, because they wake up and realize Democrats hate people who succeed, and love those who fail.

Ayn Rand was right in Atlas Shrugged. Democrats want you dependent on social security. Democrats want you trapped on food stamps and welfare. Democrats want you enslaved to government assistance, because as long as you depend on them for your life, you won't have a life. And as long as you don't have a life, you need Democrats to provide for you.

And as long as you are a slave to the Democrat plantation, then they can depend on your votes to gain for themselves power and control. They don't want to give up their cushy government job, living on the hard work of others, so be a good little lemming, and stay dependent on government until you die.

First, I appreciate a response with some substance. This site usually provides ā€œyouā€™re stupidā€ as a debate point.

Second, If you really think there is a black helicopter movement to enslave people to government support you probably canā€™t be reasoned with. Democrats do support public assistance to those in need. You mention food stamps without mentioning that 50% of those recipients are children born into poverty. Whoops. Small inconvenient detail. Welfare or TANF recipients are less than 1% of the population which only 25% of dollars are direct assistance with most going into child care and work education.

Third, you couldnā€™t list any deregulation that has improved your life without some serious google research. Allowing drilling in Utah on park lands is unconscionable - as if we need cheaper gas. Rolling back clean water restrictions? Allowing ocean dumping if you dump it 3 feet short of the ocean???! This is deregulation. Crash of ā€˜08 happened in part because of deregulation. Itā€™s not a theoretical concept. Itā€™s real decisions one by one that make us less safe. Markets are all geared for short term. Thatā€™s why we have public policy.

People donā€™t make more money because they are republicans. They are republicans because the want to protect their historically obscene wealth grab. Iā€™ve posted the wealth inequity in this thread many times. Youā€™ve committed the logical fallacy of post hoc ergo propter hoc - misreading cause and effect.

Cutting taxes is impossible. All it does is drive more debt. Itā€™s unsustainable.The wealthy need to pay more. Thatā€™s where the ability is to pay. Iā€™m all for expense discussions starting with corporate welfare and obscene military spending levels. Not kids food stamps.

The border is your misunderstanding. Democrats are not for open borders. They do believe in evaluating real asylum requests, worker visas, and a resolution for current undocumented. They are not for shooting people and asking questions later.

Schools are a long discussion. Iā€™ll save for later.

All your arguments are typical right wing talking points that sound warm and fuzzy but break down on inspection. - citygator

STFU! There's literally 4 generations of people living right now that have never worked a day in their life and everything they have ever eaten except what was given to them by citizens has come right from Uncle Sugar.
They're doing better than people that were working a month ago, too.

The working people are just fucking hosed right now. This is not the America I grew up in, this is bullshit!

Welfare-suckers and politicians cannot keep going with no one to draw tax money from.

And that's who they just crapped on.

Fucking stupid response. Not one fact. Just right wing nutso shit. Go fucking get your white hooded getup and suckle at the teat of the liberal states which pay for everything your poor ass back woods states get. Dumbass.

Enjoy your starvation when Uncle Sugar cuts you off, useless oxygen thief.
Y U so triggered? LOL @ you do not know how to get food for yourself, let alone others.

I can feed many people, and I will be doing just that.

Dude, youā€™re going down the wrong line of attack. I likely pay more in taxes than you make. But if you are as fortunate as me, unlikely, you could bare more of the burden like I can.

Hilarious. OP punches you guys in the gut and you all run away and shout insults from the other side of the fence. Hereā€™s the deal:

Only 1% of us are truly rich and another 9% of us have any money at all. 90% of us own nothing. There is a sprinkling of the 1% that have convinced the stupid 90% that Democrats want to steal what little they have so that you will protect THEIR massive accumulation of wealth. You have been used, manipulated, and conned by Republicans.

The Democratic Party is the logical choice in our binary system. Donā€™t be conned by Republicans. Donā€™t let them use you. Donā€™t be manipulated.

I'm a straight white male and they blame me for EVERYTHING, and hate me if I dare say that I have any interests or concerns that need addressed.

Thatā€™s not true. Unless you are a GOP congresssman or a wealthy influencer then almost no one cares about what you think or do.. including the GOP. However the democrats care if you get a fair shot in life and have a reasonable chance at improving your station.

Really? Because I wanted deregulation, and they passed deregulation. I wanted control of our boarders, and they are pushing control of the boarders. I wanted a reduction in taxes, and they reduced taxes. I wanted the embassy moved to Jerusalem, and they moved it to Jerusalem.

If they don't care about my views and opinions at all, then explain why I can think of a dozen things they have stood for in the past, and the present, that are things I have and do want?

Further, as for the Democrats care if you get a fair shot in life.... bull crap. I think of a hundred ways in which they don't, but I'll give you the largest and most obvious....

School choice. Public schools suck. We pay more money per student, than nearly any other 1st world country.

Just on literacy alone.... almost half of all 8th grade students, are reading blow grade level.

Nearly 1/3rd of all students, in our bloated expensive Unionized public school system, are placed into remedial classes when they go to college.

And yet, the Democrats are doing everything in their power to prevent any student from being able to escape bad schools.

Give people a fair chance at life? Are you kidding? They are doing everything to eliminate your chance at a good life, because if you have a good life.... you don't need Democrats. That's why generally speaking successful people end up Republican, because they wake up and realize Democrats hate people who succeed, and love those who fail.

Ayn Rand was right in Atlas Shrugged. Democrats want you dependent on social security. Democrats want you trapped on food stamps and welfare. Democrats want you enslaved to government assistance, because as long as you depend on them for your life, you won't have a life. And as long as you don't have a life, you need Democrats to provide for you.

And as long as you are a slave to the Democrat plantation, then they can depend on your votes to gain for themselves power and control. They don't want to give up their cushy government job, living on the hard work of others, so be a good little lemming, and stay dependent on government until you die.

First, I appreciate a response with some substance. This site usually provides ā€œyouā€™re stupidā€ as a debate point.

Second, If you really think there is a black helicopter movement to enslave people to government support you probably canā€™t be reasoned with. Democrats do support public assistance to those in need. You mention food stamps without mentioning that 50% of those recipients are children born into poverty. Whoops. Small inconvenient detail. Welfare or TANF recipients are less than 1% of the population which only 25% of dollars are direct assistance with most going into child care and work education.

Third, you couldnā€™t list any deregulation that has improved your life without some serious google research. Allowing drilling in Utah on park lands is unconscionable - as if we need cheaper gas. Rolling back clean water restrictions? Allowing ocean dumping if you dump it 3 feet short of the ocean???! This is deregulation. Crash of ā€˜08 happened in part because of deregulation. Itā€™s not a theoretical concept. Itā€™s real decisions one by one that make us less safe. Markets are all geared for short term. Thatā€™s why we have public policy.

People donā€™t make more money because they are republicans. They are republicans because the want to protect their historically obscene wealth grab. Iā€™ve posted the wealth inequity in this thread many times. Youā€™ve committed the logical fallacy of post hoc ergo propter hoc - misreading cause and effect.

Cutting taxes is impossible. All it does is drive more debt. Itā€™s unsustainable.The wealthy need to pay more. Thatā€™s where the ability is to pay. Iā€™m all for expense discussions starting with corporate welfare and obscene military spending levels. Not kids food stamps.

The border is your misunderstanding. Democrats are not for open borders. They do believe in evaluating real asylum requests, worker visas, and a resolution for current undocumented. They are not for shooting people and asking questions later.

All your arguments are typical right wing talking points that sound warm and fuzzy but break down on inspection. - citygator

STFU! There's literally 4 generations of people living right now that have never worked a day in their life and everything they have ever eaten except what was given to them by citizens has come right from Uncle Sugar.

The working people are just fucking hosed right now. This is not the America I grew up in, this is bullshit!

Welfare-suckers and politicians cannot keep going with no one to draw tax money from.

Fucking stupid response. Not one fact. Just right wing nutso shit. Go fucking get your white hooded getup and suckle at the teat of the liberal states which pay for everything your poor ass back woods states get. Dumbass.

Wow. YOu called him a wacist. What a shocker. Brilliant.

Itā€™s like Idiocracy on here. One dude tried to debate, granted he got ass whooped, but he tried. The rest of you just post some version of Dax Shepherds ā€œI like moneyā€.

Itā€™s like Idiocracy on here. One dude tried to debate, granted he got ass whooped, but he tried. The rest of you just post some version of Dax Shepherds ā€œI like moneyā€.

The op asked if we were rich. We answered the question. I understand that as a lib, that is confusing to you.

YOu are the one pretending that calling someone "wacist" is "debating".

The op asked if we were rich. We answered the question. I understand that as a lib, that is confusing to you.

None of you are rich. Thatā€™s the answer.

So great, let's talk.

So why do conservatives oppose government handouts? Bunch of reasons.

First, whether you accept the fact that Democrats use government assistance specifically to get enrich themselves with voter support, or not, it's true. We know this for a number of reasons. Do tell, how many of those who live... not benefit, but live off government assistance, vote Republican? Virtually none.

And yet we have supposedly been fighting poverty since LBJ, or even FDR, and statistically we have more poverty today, than before. So clearly those policies are not working, and yet the Democrats keep supporting policies that clearly do not work. Why would they support policies that don't work? Because it depends on how you define "success". If success is eliminating poverty, then yes those policies have failed. But if you define success as keeping a massive voting block locked to the Democrats, then those policies have been a massive success.

Second, as stated above, they don't work. Government assistance is the greatest poverty creating system ever devised.

The problem with people like you, is that you fail to grasp that incentives have an effect on human behavior. People change how they live, to fit the incentive you create for them.

When Hawaii introduced a policy of universal child health insurance, people across the state cancelled their insurance, so they could qualify for government health care.

People change how they live, to fit the incentives you give them. If you pay people to stay home, they'll find a way to stay home.

During the great recession, GWB signed into law, 99 weeks of unemployment compensation. Unsurprisingly unemployment when up way higher than anyone predicted.

Later research found that people on unemployment would spend.... 99 weeks "looking" for work, and then magically when the 99 weeks were up, somehow managed to secure a job.

And then also unsurprisingly, we had complains after 99 weeks, that people coming off unemployment often had to take lower-pay jobs.

Well duh.... a big factor employers look for is work history. People that haven't worked in 2 years, indicate being a bad employee. The absolute worst thing you can possibly do, is stay unemployed for a long period of time. And that is exactly what 99 weeks of unemployment encourages.

People change how they live to fit the incentives. I've witnessed this first hand. Had a co-worker years ago land a pretty good job. I asked why, with her larger income, she was not saving for retirement. Her response was "Well a few more years, and I can just live on social security."

She was intentionally living irresponsibly because of government assistance. I know many people who do this. You likely do as well, even if you don't realize it.

There are many people who are self motivated, and more power to them. Often those people are not the people on government assistance. Truth is, most people do not do what they need to do, unless they have no other choice. Again, you offer people 99 weeks of unemployment, then don't be surprised when they magically can't find employment for 99 weeks, and then shockingly find a job.

Years ago, in the 1990s, we had the welfare reform battle. Our local TV station, sent out this blond reporter, to go interview these poor helpless mothers that were about to be kicked off welfare.

I'll never forget this, because the TV station made the mistake of having the interview on live TV. The reporter asked this mother of 3, how devastating this was going to be for her. Without even blinking, the lady responded that she and her kids would be better off. They'd have more money, and be able for her and her kids to live in better housing than public housing.

I remember it because it was the first time I saw a report stunned in to a stuttering mess. The lady had blown up that reporters assumed narrative, and she had no idea what to say after that. After stuttering a bit, she finally asked if that was true, then why didn't she get a job and get off welfare before? Again, I'll never forget the answer.

"Because I didn't have to".

Over and over, people don't do stuff, unless they must, even if it would be in their best interest to do so.

I read about a black lady that wrote an article about her experience on welfare. She had never been on welfare, came from a family that had never been on welfare. But she got with a boyfriend, and the boyfriend screwed her over, kicked her out, and she decided to go on welfare. The entire experience was terrifying for her.

She wrote about sitting in a room with a bunch of women, having a roach walk across the floor, and not only not having them be shocked, but not even move to kill it. Seeing gun shot holes in the walls and even the table they were sitting at, and having them show utter indifference to their situation. They were completely 'content' to be in misery, because they got money to do nothing.

The most terrifying aspect, was that she felt if she was on welfare long enough, she would end up with the same attitude of utter indifference as well. She said she'd never go on welfare again. She would rather work at McDonald's than go back to the enslavement to welfare.

This is the reality. This is what government assistance does to people.

And 3rd, government assistance has a huge cultural damaging effect.

Welfare and government assistance not only doesn't work, but it also harms the entire culture, and makes people hate each other.

This is one of the most clearly universally evidence facts of government assistance there is. You people on welfare, so that working people are paying for non-working people, you make both groups hate the other group.

Welfare and assistance, is not like charity at all. When people give to charity, they get a feeling of being charitable.

When people get charity, real charity, the gain a feeling of gratitude.

With welfare and government assistant, you gain the exact opposite of both. The people having their money stolen from their paychecks do not feel charitable, they feel ripped off. They feel like they are working hard, so other people can be lazy.

And equally the people getting the government assistance, do not feel any gratitude whatsoever. Instead they are complaining that it isn't enough, and they should get more, and we should pay for whatever they want.

I remember reading a local story, about a lady that went into a small quick-mart type place, and when she found out they didn't take SNAP, she started tipping over shelves of products, before leaving. She should have been bouncing off the walls that those employees in that store were willing to pay the taxes so she could get free food at all.... instead she was furious that she could not use how stamps anywhere she wanted, when she wanted, on whatever she wanted. Completely ungrateful. And nearly all of those on government assistance have this attitude.

Again, back in the 90s, I as a high school student was working at McDonald's every single day, and weekends. During that time, the national news outlets had welfare people, complaining that welfare didn't provide enough money to cover their cable TV. You know how many countries have zero 'welfare' at all? She should have been in a euphoric dream that she could get money from working people, for doing absolutely nothing of any value to this entire society.

In the 2000s, I watched an interview with a lady on welfare, talking about how 'hard it was to live on welfare', and IN THE INTERVIEW.... ON LIVE TV, she's holding an Iphone. At that time, I was working 12 hour shifts, and I had a push button flip phone.... but life was hard for her, and her iphone, because my tax money from 12-hour shifts, for welfare, just wasn't enough... oh boooo hooooo....

Welfare and government assistance makes people hate each other.

You want to unite this country back together? First start by getting people back to work, and rolling back all this working people, paying for non-working people nonsense. More people should be carrying the water, and fewer people only drinking it.

4th, and lastly, not only does it destroy culture, it destroys people's dignity.

The fact is, one of the reasons people on government assistance, never feel gratitude, is because there is no dignity in being a leach. There is nothing worth honor, about being a blood sucking tick.

And it's not us on the right-wing saying it.... no one has to say it.... it is inherent and instinctive. People have been saying there is no shame in being on welfare.... but doesn't matter.

People know better. People know they are useless and worthless, when they sit around collecting other people's money, for doing nothing. No one has to tell you, that you are garbage. You know it. We all do. If you sit around, and there is no value from your existence, no needs to inform you of this. You know it in your soul.

That's why people who don't work for long periods of time, have a higher rate of mental illness. Left-wingers try and reverse this. They say, the reason they are unemployed, is because they are mentally ill.

Only true in a few cases. Most of the time, it's because they never work, they end up with mental illness. In fact, many treatment programs involve getting people back to work.

Why do you think that some of the places with the biggest welfare programs, have the largest population of mentally ill?

Government assistance, is the worst thing for people, worst thing for the nation, and worst thing for culture.

There is virtually no upside whatsoever to government assistance. None.

Citygator is providing us with a practical demonstration of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
I donā€™t eat German food so Iā€™ve never had that ailment.
If that was supposed to be clever, you should know that you actually made us all laugh at you even more.

Once again, the Dunning-Kruger effect in play. He thinks he's much more clever than he really is.

Do they have a syndrome for people who think their opinions and judgments matter to those who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire? Or is that still just narcissism?

How many of you republicans are rich? I am just assuming a lot of you are extremely rich considering you don't believe in any safetynet like ssi, medicare, food stamps, public housing or much of anything that helps the little guy.

Is this because you're rich or am I mistaken?
The people the leftists are fucking over with this shutdown are not all Republicans.

It's everybody, and I feel sorry for you when retribution comes around. You're gonna be having a baaaad day.

No Republicans, Constitutionalists, or real Americans were for that shutdown crap.

The kids of tomorrow are getting hosed, and that's not right. Not at all.
The Republican Govenors all shut down as did the President. Trump said GA is opening too early.

No, he didn't. He said he didn't agree with the governor's priorities in re-opening, and shitbirds like you were just too stupid to understand him. Which, I gotta say, if you're too damned dumb to understand Trump, who isn't exactly speaking King James English there . . . wow.

None of you are rich. Thatā€™s the answer.

Citygator, I would like to believe that most posters here are fine people. They get louder because people ingratiate each other. And frankly not many minds are changed. Unfortunately there are some who believe everything typed and others swho may read threads on forums who take it like it is etched in stone. Many may do nice things outside the forums. But the forums are reality and members can be no good.

Forum List

Back