How Long Has the PPACA/Obamacare Been in Effect?

Of course...thats why I write 5 to 10 policies a day with an effective day date of 01/01/2014.

Just slink away.

The fact that you write policies doesn't mean anything in terms of knowledge of the effect of PPACA on health care premiums.

I can drive a car but that doesn't mean I understand the workings of an internal combustion engine.

I feel sorry for you.

You see your ego, or perhaps the lack of size of your dick is wrapped up in this.

Mine isn't.

I write these policies because the ones that they have end Dec 31.

You are free to type anything you wish as to why...but that in no way changes the truth.

You lose, you just don't have enough integrity or honesty to admit it.

Prez cracka lied.....and American's know it.

We are coming in 2014...

I will not acknowledge you again until you become honest kid.

You can spin like a top but what he said was true of what he was talking about. Obamacare, not private insurance company offerings.

How Long Has the PPACA/Obamacare Been in Effect?

Tamara Holmes Jul 8 2013 10:20 AM

If you’re unsure whether Obamacare is the law of the land, you’re not alone. An April 2013 Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that 42 percent of Americans don’t know that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – the official name for Obamacare – is already impacting health care for millions of Americans.

What is it with people and the website thingie? What is it with people and the multi-part roll out of Obamacare that is so difficult for them to grasp?

Is it the rightwing noise machine, or Obama's shitty public relations team? Why are people so ignorant and confused?

Some things deserve repeating :eusa_whistle:

PARTS of ObumblerCare are presently in effect.

OTHER parts of his miasma are not yet in effect.

Dainty cannot fathom what this entails.

:lmao:

What's not in effect?

Google could be your buddy.

There IS a cure for ignorance, PMS. Avail yourself:

01/01 - O-DAY (full implementation)

04/01 - Obama's goal: 7 million enrollees, including 2.7 million adults under 35

And here's what is schedule to happen on "O-Day" (1/1/14):

Individual mandate takes effect.
Employer mandate takes effect [note: suspended by Obama IRS].
Federal exchange premium subsidies flow [note: income verification checks suspended by Obama IRS].
Guaranteed issue mandate takes effect.
Community rating mandate takes effect.
Minimum essential coverage rules take effect.
Actuarial value mandate takes effect.
Ban on annual limits takes effect.
Health insurance deductible limits mandate takes effect.
Maximum out-of-pocket limit mandate takes effect.
Medicare Advantage medical loss ratio (MLR) price control takes effect.
Medicaid expansion takes effect [note: made optional for states by the Supreme Court]
Health insurance tax takes effect.
Temporary Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) expires.
Temporary reinsurance program for retiree coverage expires.
-- Seven Key ObamaCare Implementation Dates | FreedomWorks

The bad news is that ObumblerCare will NOT cover your malady or the cure.

You're on your own.

Thanks Obumbler!

NEW CONSUMER PROTECTIONS

Prohibiting Discrimination Due to Pre-Existing Conditions or Gender. The law implements strong reforms that prohibit insurance companies from refusing to sell coverage or renew policies because of an individual’s pre-existing conditions. Also, in the individual and small group market, the law eliminates the ability of insurance companies to charge higher rates due to gender or health status. Effective January 1, 2014. Learn more about protecting Americans with pre-existing conditions.
Eliminating Annual Limits on Insurance Coverage. The law prohibits new plans and existing group plans from imposing annual dollar limits on the amount of coverage an individual may receive. Effective January 1, 2014. Learn how the law will phase out annual limits by 2014.
Ensuring Coverage for Individuals Participating in Clinical Trials. Insurers will be prohibited from dropping or limiting coverage because an individual chooses to participate in a clinical trial. Applies to all clinical trials that treat cancer or other life-threatening diseases. Effective January 1, 2014.

IMPROVING QUALITY AND LOWERING COSTS

Making Care More Affordable. Tax credits to make it easier for the middle class to afford insurance will become available for people with income between 100% and 400% of the poverty line who are not eligible for other affordable coverage. (In 2010, 400% of the poverty line comes out to about $43,000 for an individual or $88,000 for a family of four.) The tax credit is advanceable, so it can lower your premium payments each month, rather than making you wait for tax time. It’s also refundable, so even moderate-income families can receive the full benefit of the credit. These individuals may also qualify for reduced cost-sharing (copayments, co-insurance, and deductibles). Effective January 1, 2014.
Establishing the Health Insurance Marketplace. Starting in 2014 if your employer doesn’t offer insurance, you will be able to buy it directly in the Health Insurance Marketplace. Individuals and small businesses can buy affordable and qualified health benefit plans in this new transparent and competitive insurance marketplace. The Marketplace will offer you a choice of health plans that meet certain benefits and cost standards. Starting in 2014, Members of Congress will be getting their health care insurance through the Marketplace, and you will be able buy your insurance through Marketplace too. Learn more about the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Increasing the Small Business Tax Credit. The law implements the second phase of the small business tax credit for qualified small businesses and small non-profit organizations. In this phase, the credit is up to 50% of the employer’s contribution to provide health insurance for employees. There is also up to a 35% credit for small non-profit organizations. Effective January 1, 2014. Learn more about the small business tax credit.

INCREASING ACCESS TO AFFORDABLE CARE

Increasing Access to Medicaid. Americans who earn less than 133% of the poverty level (approximately $14,000 for an individual and $29,000 for a family of four) will be eligible to enroll in Medicaid. States will receive 100% federal funding for the first three years to support this expanded coverage, phasing to 90% federal funding in subsequent years. Effective January 1, 2014.
Promoting Individual Responsibility. Under the law, most individuals who can afford it will be required to obtain basic health insurance coverage or pay a fee to help offset the costs of caring for uninsured Americans. If affordable coverage is not available to an individual, he or she will be eligible for an exemption. Effective January 1, 2014.

IMPROVING QUALITY AND LOWERING COSTS

Paying Physicians Based on Value Not Volume. A new provision will tie physician payments to the quality of care they provide. Physicians will see their payments modified so that those who provide higher value care will receive higher payments than those who provide lower quality care. Effective January 1, 2015.
-- Key Features of the Affordable Care Act By Year | HHS.gov/healthcare

The fact that you write policies doesn't mean anything in terms of knowledge of the effect of PPACA on health care premiums.

I can drive a car but that doesn't mean I understand the workings of an internal combustion engine.

I feel sorry for you.

You see your ego, or perhaps the lack of size of your dick is wrapped up in this.

Mine isn't.

I write these policies because the ones that they have end Dec 31.

You are free to type anything you wish as to why...but that in no way changes the truth.

You lose, you just don't have enough integrity or honesty to admit it.

Prez cracka lied.....and American's know it.

We are coming in 2014...

I will not acknowledge you again until you become honest kid.

You can spin like a top but what he said was true of what he was talking about. Obamacare, not private insurance company offerings.

Sorry kid, you are just a liar.....sad really.

As soon as it is enacted, it is in effect, barring another congressional action ( or an Executive branch violation of the separation of powers, but I digress). Even if they spend all of the authorized funds, and have to stop buying free lunches for insurance company marketing staff, the law is still in effect.

There is a difference between, say, a change in the speed limit on the books, the actual posting of new speed limit signs, and the enforcement of the speed limit by patrol officers.

A physical effect cannot occur because of some ink on pieces of paper. There has to be an actual physical occurrence in order for something to have an effect.

That and it is currently November 3rd, 2013. December 31st does not occur until almost two months from now. So, no manner of happenings on December 31st are going to directly effect things back in time. Cause comes before effect. It always has, since the beginning of the universe. It is a universal law.

Did you type this with a straight face?

As soon as it is enacted, it is in effect, barring another congressional action ( or an Executive branch violation of the separation of powers, but I digress). Even if they spend all of the authorized funds, and have to stop buying free lunches for insurance company marketing staff, the law is still in effect.

There is a difference between, say, a change in the speed limit on the books, the actual posting of new speed limit signs, and the enforcement of the speed limit by patrol officers.

A physical effect cannot occur because of some ink on pieces of paper. There has to be an actual physical occurrence in order for something to have an effect.

That and it is currently November 3rd, 2013. December 31st does not occur until almost two months from now. So, no manner of happenings on December 31st are going to directly effect things back in time. Cause comes before effect. It always has, since the beginning of the universe. It is a universal law.

Frivolous argument. There is someone who is being paid to enforce the law, with threat of force. Could be a gun, could be the IRS and a bank seizure.

It thinks it's being clever, meanwhile I wrote ten new policies with an effective date of 01/01/2014 for no other reason than I wanted to.

(rolling eyes)

Frivolous argument. There is someone who is being paid to enforce the law, with threat of force. Could be a gun, could be the IRS and a bank seizure.

Gun, IRS bank siezure? Idiot! Read the law or the scotus ruling where this is addressed.

Geesh

It thinks it's being clever, meanwhile I wrote ten new policies with an effective date of 01/01/2014 for no other reason than I wanted to.

(rolling eyes)

Maybe the disagreement is just semantics. Baring any changes to the law , it, the ACA, is in effect. It may have effects that start at different dates.

Last edited:
Some Dumb Ass piece of legislation says "blah blah blah."

It ends with the phrase that says, "Sections X, Y and Z of this law shall not take effect until [date in future]."

The law passes. The President signs it. All of the law is PASSED. But PARTS of it are not yet in effect because --- {wait for it} ---

THAT'S what the LAW that just got passed SAYS.

And this, too, sails over Dainty's pin head.

It ends with the phrase that says, "Sections X, Y and Z of this law shall not take effect until [date in future]."

The law passes. The President signs it. All of the law is PASSED. But PARTS of it are not yet in effect because --- {wait for it} ---

Here's what I don't understand. Why don't you solve your problem? Why do you stay here? There are so many better places, right? Why do you choose such a dismal place to live in?

Here's what I don't understand. Why don't you solve your problem? Why do you stay here? There are so many better places, right? Why do you choose such a dismal place to live in?

I'm not a lolberal. I love America. Unlike you tools, however, I like the parts of America that made it great. I don't want to fundamentally change it, like Obumbler. I want to change it back to the Republic it was designed to be.

It's worth fighting for.

There are MANY things you don't understand. Don't be so modest.

You don't understand that just because I don't like ObumblerCare doesn't mean I would want t leave America. YOU don't grasp that I'd prefer to fix what we have managed to fuck up. YOU can't grasp that parts of a law don't take effect until the law itself SAYS they take effect.

SO why would I leave? I'm not responsible for your ceaseless (almost tragic) ignorance. And I don't care how ignorant you remain. I don't expect your help in any efforts to get us back from where Obumbler has driven us off the road. But fix it we will. Then, if that bothers you, you have my permission to run off to some other silly Neverland Utopia.

Last edited:

I'm not a lolberal. I love America. Unlike you tools, however, I like the parts of America that made it great. I don't want to fundamentally change it, like Obumbler. I want to change it back to the Republic it was designed to be.

It's worth fighting for.

You don't understand that just because I don't like ObumblerCare doesn't mean I would want t leave America. YOU don't grasp that I'd prefer to fix what we have managed to fuck up. YOU can't grasp that parts of a law don't take effect until the law itself SAYS they take effect.

SO why would I leave? I'm not responsible for your ceaseless (almost tragic) ignorance. And I don't care how ignorant you remain. I don't expect your help in any efforts to get us back from where Obumbler has driven us off the road. But fix it we will. Then, if that bothers you, you have my permission to run off to some other silly Neverland Utopia.

Clearly you favor people passing on their medical bills to others. I favor personal responsibility.

Clearly every law specifies when it goes in effect. That is apparently inconvenient to you.

Clearly you find your insurance companies decisions inconvenient too.

What you do find convenient is Republican irresponsibility. No solutions. Ignore every problem. Put the House on strike. Drive the debt out of sight.

You say that you'd rather stay here and drag America down then go to this mythical Kingdom where you're king.

Your choice but you're only one vote here, not aristocracy. Get used to it. Your plot to fundamentally change America back to a plutocracy has failed.

It's worth fighting for.

Clearly you favor people passing on their medical bills to others.

Neither clear nor true. The opposite is (generally speaking) true, in fact.

I favor personal responsibility.
Horse shit. YOU favor ObumblerCare which is EXACTLY the opposite of the lie you just posted there, PMS.

Clearly every law specifies when it goes in effect.

Neither clear nor true. SOME laws (properly and intelligently drafted) DO state when it (or parts of it) go(es) into effect.

That is apparently inconvenient to you.

No. It isn't "apparent" nor is it true. I am perfectly content with a law saying when it goes into effect or the dates on which PARTS of it go into effect. Nothing I posted even suggests anything to the contrary. Do you read with the "eye" at the business end of your rectum?

Clearly you find your insurance companies decisions inconvenient too.

I bet you thought you were making a "point" there. But nothing I have posted even touches on whether I find some "decisions" by insurance companies "inconvenient." WTF are you babbling about? Try to stay on topic. You are just mashing meaningless phrases together for no discernible purpose at this point.

What you do find convenient is Republican irresponsibility. No solutions. Ignore every problem. Put the House on strike. Drive the debt out of sight.

No no. You are making shit up again, PMS. I don't favor Republican irresponsibility. Unlike you, I don't favor Democrat Parody irresponsibility, either. I don't favor irresponsibility at all. I DO favor solutions which is one of the many reasons I oppose ObumblerCare. ObumblerCare is not a "solution;" it is the creation of a myriad of WORSE problems. And the House didn't go on strike. The House actually passed legislation. It was the Demoncrap Reid-led Senate and Obumbler that put Government on the sidelines. Well, 17% of it, anyway. Oddly, despite your yammering, YOU don't object to Reid's and Obumbler's utter irresponsibility. Go figure.

You say that you'd rather stay here and drag America down then go to this mythical Kingdom where you're king.

I said NO such thing, of course. What I DID say is more about wanting to KEEP America a "Republic." I know this bugs you mindless liberals. Too bad. Learn to cope.

Your choice but you're only one vote here, not aristocracy.

I never said or implied that I had more than one vote, you dipshit. I'm not a Democrat, so I only vote once.

Get used to it. Your plot to fundamentally change America back to a plutocracy has failed.

We never WERE a plutocracy and it isn't 'fundamental" change to revert us BACK to a Constitutional Republic.

If you ever have anything intelligent to say (or even something that isn't based on your general ignorance and dishonesty) you should come back to post some more someday.

Forum List

Back