How Long Has the PPACA/Obamacare Been in Effect?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
How Long Has the PPACA/Obamacare Been in Effect?

Tamara Holmes Jul 8 2013 10:20 AM

If you’re unsure whether Obamacare is the law of the land, you’re not alone. An April 2013 Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that 42 percent of Americans don’t know that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – the official name for Obamacare – is already impacting health care for millions of Americans.

What is it with people and the website thingie? What is it with people and the multi-part roll out of Obamacare that is so difficult for them to grasp?

Is it the rightwing noise machine, or Obama's shitty public relations team? Why are people so ignorant and confused?

Dude, I hate to break this to you but the web site is the "easy" part of ObamaCare! They had three years and 600 million to create that and they failed EPICALLY!!!

If you think this is a fiasco...wait until the IRS tries to figure out who's eligible for subsidies and who's scamming the system! FUBAR is the term that comes to mind...

Dude, I hate to break this to you but the web site is the "easy" part of ObamaCare! They had three years and 600 million to create that and they failed EPICALLY!!!

If you think this is a fiasco...wait until the IRS tries to figure out who's eligible for subsidies and who's scamming the system! FUBAR is the term that comes to mind...

The website issues are far more complex than tools like you imagine.

That said, the IRS has people's tax filings in their own system. It's apples and oranges.

And there will always be cheaters and deadbeats, like now...those who refuse to get health insurance and leave it up to society to py for their trauma and emergency visits

“Rates for policies in the individual market are likely to vary from state to state, with some experiencing increases and some experiencing decreases in cost,” Christine Eibner, a Rand senior economist and the study’s lead author, said in a statement. “But our analysis found no widespread trend toward sharply higher prices in the individual market.”

Starting Oct. 1, people without health insurance may sign up for coverage through online insurance marketplaces, called exchanges, in each state. The health law requires that most Americans obtain insurance by next year or pay a fine. About 7 million people are expected to gain coverage through the exchanges next year, the Congressional Budget Office has said.

The Rand study was conducted on behalf of the U.S. Health and Human Services Department and looked at insurance rates in Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Texas.
- Premium Increases Under Obamacare Are Exaggerated, Rand Says

Easy? Really? :cuckoo:

Obamacare website cost $394 mil, programmers saw red flags months ahead of launch

(As questions mount over the website's failure, insider interviews and a review of technical specifications by The Associated Press found a mind-numbingly complex system put together by harried programmers who pushed out a final product that congressional investigators said was tested by the government and not private developers with more expertise.) - Obamacare exchange website cost $394 mil, programmers saw red flags months ahead of launch

At least be honest

“Rates for policies in the individual market are likely to vary from state to state, with some experiencing increases and some experiencing decreases in cost,” Christine Eibner, a Rand senior economist and the study’s lead author, said in a statement. “But our analysis found no widespread trend toward sharply higher prices in the individual market.”

Starting Oct. 1, people without health insurance may sign up for coverage through online insurance marketplaces, called exchanges, in each state. sharplThe health law requires that most Americans obtain insurance by next year or pay a fine. About 7 million people are expected to gain coverage through the exchanges next year, the Congressional Budget Office has said.

The Rand study was conducted on behalf of the U.S. Health and Human Services Department and looked at insurance rates in Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Texas.

So now all we're being promised is that there won't be a "widespread trend toward sharply higher prices"? What happened to Barry's assertion that the cost for healthcare for Americans would be going down? I believe he used the figure of $2,500 savings for families? Gee, Dante...did Obama LIE to the American people to get ObamaCare passed?

That said, the IRS has people's tax filings in their own system. It's apples and oranges.

And there will always be cheaters and deadbeats, like now...those who refuse to get health insurance and leave it up to society to py for their trauma and emergency visits

That's my point, Dante...there will be cheaters and deadbeats...and the IRS is in no way prepared to catch them. If you think the web site roll out is a debacle? Wait until you see what an utter cluster fuck the IRS handling enforcement of eligibility is going to be! My prediction is that starting next Spring there will be calls for a doubling or even tripling of the IRS agents dedicated solely to ACA compliance because they are going to be BURIED with applications.

That cost of course was something that was obvious but it was one more thing that Progressives deliberately underestimated the cost of because they wanted the ACA to "seem" affordable. The American people have consistently been misled by this Administration as to both what the costs of ObamaCare will be and how it will effect their overall health care experience.

I am just going to enjoy Obama squirm every time something bad comes up about his pride and joy.
And remember folks...those that voted for him.It's all yours.

That's my point, Dante...there will be cheaters and deadbeats...and the IRS is in no way prepared to catch them. If you think the web site roll out is a debacle? Wait until you see what an utter cluster fuck the IRS handling enforcement of eligibility is going to be! My prediction is that starting next Spring there will be calls for a doubling or even tripling of the IRS agents dedicated solely to ACA compliance because they are going to be BURIED with applications.

Dante prediction keeper post

Starting Oct. 1, people without health insurance may sign up for coverage through online insurance marketplaces, called exchanges, in each state. sharplThe health law requires that most Americans obtain insurance by next year or pay a fine. About 7 million people are expected to gain coverage through the exchanges next year, the Congressional Budget Office has said.

So now all we're being promised is that there won't be a "widespread trend toward sharply higher prices"? What happened to Barry's assertion that the cost for healthcare for Americans would be going down? I believe he used the figure of $2,500 savings for families? Gee, Dante...did Obama LIE to the American people to get ObamaCare passed?

The people don't enact laws and tbe PPACA/Obamacare was passed in what year? :lol:

Take a break, loser

Obama is as thin skinned as they come.
I'm sure that he doesn't care for the fact that his lies
are being exposed.

Dante I wish you would ever be honest about anything. You might actually be interesting.

The Premiums have sky rocketed, it isn't funny and it isn't helping MANY of the people it was supposed to help.

Dante and the rest choose ignorance over fact.

The Premiums have sky rocketed, it isn't funny and it isn't helping MANY of the people it was supposed to help.

Since as far back as 1999, insurance premiums have outpaced wages.

Average%20Annual%20Premiums%20for%20Single%20and%20Family%20Coverage.jpg

2013 Employer Health Benefits Survey | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Employer Health Insurance Survey 2012

The people don't enact laws and tbe PPACA/Obamacare was passed in what year? :lol:

Take a break, loser

I have no idea what the above even meant, Dante. I ask you again...did Obama LIE to the American people to get ObamaCare passed?

Since as far back as 1999, insurance premiums have outpaced wages.

Average%20Annual%20Premiums%20for%20Single%20and%20Family%20Coverage.jpg

2013 Employer Health Benefits Survey | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Employer Health Insurance Survey 2012

(sigh) The premiums have sky rocketed BECAUSE of the ACA I won't let you spin it....Health Care is what I do so don't even try.

Forum List

Back