How intimately should teachers know their students?

Sure, easy. Uh huh.

Meanwhile, you're just going to keep blaming teachers right?
Aren't teacher unions strong politically? Plead your case to Congress.

Teachers aren't exempt from responsibility for the mess we're in.

Should they get to know the whole person, or just the one that shows up in their class?
I say that should correspond directly with how hawt they are. :p

Several of my teachers lived in the neighborhood and I did know them outside of the classroom.

Unfortunately, it was old ladies and black women and old men.

They had lives outside of the classroom, though.

One ran a small business, another had a bunch of kids, one was a slumlord, one was a spinster. :aargh:

Last edited:
I say that should correspond directly with how hawt they are. :p

Several of my teachers lived in the neighborhood and I did know them outside of the classroom.

Unfortunately, it was old ladies and black women and old men.

They had lives outside of the classroom, though.

One ran a small business, another had a bunch of kids, one was a slumlord, one was a spinster. :aargh:
In all my years in school I only met three of my teachers outside of the classroom. It completely changed how I thought about them, in a much more positive way.

In all my years in school I only met three of my teachers outside of the classroom. It completely how I thought about them, in a much more positive way.
I think you meant to insert a "changed" in there. It did for me too.

Except for the one that was a slumlord.

Stick to the topics in the textbook.

Kids will develop just fine, or not, on their own.
What about all those people who claim that a teacher 'made a positive difference' in their lives through personal attention to their problems.

Student/teacher relations is as old as humanity itself.
Locally, there is a teacher here that his wife is his former student.
And today he is a principal!!!
They got married less than a year after graduation, and he was married while she was his student.
He was in his mid 30s at the time. And now he is a frigging principal.
All kind of wrong.
I would say he is in his mid 60s now. Still married to her. I guess she would be about 48 now.
Obviously they had a relationship while she was his student... in high school. FFS.

Forum List

Back