How does this board lean?

I've read people who claim this board leans from slightly to far right yet I see that the majority of threads started in the Politics section (appear) to be by those who claim to be liberal which gave me an idea.
I'm working on compiling a list of people, excluding the ones who rarely post on the site at all. Understandably there are some who I'm not sure what their political leanings are so I have to put them in the neutral column for now.
So far I have about 50 names listed with the liberals currently experiencing a slight lead. The more I look at the names the more it appears the final outcome will probably be relatively even. We'll see.

Just do a poll and say it's mandatory.

I think the right wingers start far more threads than the lefties.

They need to have a lot of Here's How Much I Hate Liberalism circle jerks threads to maintain their group identity.

You see, the GOP is actually rather divided party in terms of political philosophies so the only thing holding them together is their mutal hatred for all things Obama.

Last edited:
I guess it is a better question than "On which side do you hang?" :eek: But I think there was a thread on that a while ago.

Politically I like to think I am independent. On some issues I might agree with conservatives and on others with liberals but it is dependent on the issue. I have a problem with the people who blindly follow one side or another because they do not think for themselves. They become part of the herd mentality and that is part of the problem, but I guess that has existed since humans started to congregate together.

I've read people who claim this board leans from slightly to far right yet I see that the majority of threads started in the Politics section (appear) to be by those who claim to be liberal which gave me an idea.
I'm working on compiling a list of people, excluding the ones who rarely post on the site at all. Understandably there are some who I'm not sure what their political leanings are so I have to put them in the neutral column for now.
So far I have about 50 names listed with the liberals currently experiencing a slight lead. The more I look at the names the more it appears the final outcome will probably be relatively even. We'll see.

That poll will also divide those who follow the rules from the rulebreakers.

It's not the number of members that's the important thing, it's the number of posts and the number of threads started.

I think it fluctuates based on where we are in the election cycle and shifts when new lists of partisan talking points are released to the masses.

Also...are you going to keep this "list" secret, or are you going to make a thread to compete with Huggy?

How will you classify a call for fair and simple taxes, a budget that's balanced by law, 100% transparency in all things politics, and the basic freedom to construct a life for yourself among the many social and personal choices available in 21st Century America?

I think the right wingers start far more threads than the lefties.

They need to have a lot of Here's How Much I Hate Liberalism circle jerks threads to maintain their group identity.

You see, the GOP is actually rather divided party in terms of political philosophies so the only thing holding them together is their mutal hatred for all things Obama.

Ya think?

That poll will also divide those who follow the rules from the rulebreakers.

With a 10 choice limit on poll questions you'll NEVER successfully divide the collective political philosophies in to neat little understandable and predictable pigeon holes.

In spite of sharing a DNA code for life that is over 99% identical, humans are way too stubbornly individual in their thinking for such a model of categorization and the inevitable desire for predictability that such a list of pigeon holes and names is seeking.

How will you classify a call for fair and simple taxes, a budget that's balanced by law, 100% transparency in all things politics, and the basic freedom to construct a life for yourself among the many social and personal choices available in 21st Century America?

I'd classify that as visions of sugar plums dancing in your head, amigo.

I approve of dreamers, of course.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFY9h8DImg]Imagine - John Lennon with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Left or right seems to forget the idiot fringe - Libertarians. Are they far left, or far right?

Better lists would name the rational and the irrational, serious posters and trolls or the substantive and the fools. The USMB is very diverse, so more than one list would be necessary. IMHO the fools are the leading demographic; the left and the right have many whose posts are substantive.

Robert Plant leans to the left.

41575_208876665693_4213_n.jpg

Left or right seems to forget the idiot fringe - Libertarians. Are they far left, or far right?

Better lists would name the rational and the irrational, serious posters and trolls or the substantive and the fools. The USMB is very diverse, so more than one list would be necessary. IMHO the fools are the leading demographic; the left and the right have many whose posts are substantive.

Good idea - I look forward to YOUR list thread. ;)

How about a poll with, say, four options? D,R,L and aliens?
Seriously now, not sure what to call the fourth option. Moderates perhaps?
A poll would not allow for RW and LWNJs, etc.

I am from Beta Triangula 6.
But we triangulans call it home.

Forum List

Back