How does this board lean?

I was going to say "No moderates..." Then I remembered there's actually only one single person here who I consider moderate, and that person is not listed. And that person is? (hint, not me!) But I wonder how you would classify that person because I've seen him/her accused of being both.

I'm not now nor ever have been the Great Karnak, list who it is, you might be surprised, I might agree with you but then again I might not. :dunno: You noticed I missed you also...... fixed.

Toro. I actually feel it's quite obvious he's at least a bit to the right, but it's hysterical to me to watch people call him a liberal/lefty/whatever simply because he sometimes strays from the hard right radical crap this place is so infected with.

Among some conservatives, there seems to be some sort of contest of who's the "most conservative." Someone loses an election? They weren't a 'Real conservative.' They enact policies that backfire and fail miserably? The guy 'wasn't conservative enough.'

Not the best ideas, not the best results, but the 'most conservative.' I must say you really don't see this fascination among liberals. :dunno:

I was going to say "No moderates..." Then I remembered there's actually only one single person here who I consider moderate, and that person is not listed. And that person is? (hint, not me!) But I wonder how you would classify that person because I've seen him/her accused of being both.

I'm not now nor ever have been the Great Karnak, list who it is, you might be surprised, I might agree with you but then again I might not. :dunno: You noticed I missed you also...... fixed.

Toro. I actually feel it's quite obvious he's at least a bit to the right, but it's hysterical to me to watch people call him a liberal/lefty/whatever simply because he sometimes strays from the hard right radical crap this place is so infected with.

Among some conservatives, there seems to be some sort of contest of who's the "most conservative." Someone loses an election? They weren't a 'Real conservative.' They enact policies that backfire and fail miserably? The guy 'wasn't conservative enough.'

Not the best ideas, not the best results, but the 'most conservative.' I must say you really don't see this fascination among liberals. :dunno:

See where I put Toro on the list........ :cool:

i'm only a fiscal conservative.

i am what would be called a social liberal, i guess, although most of these labels have been rendered meaningless.

i've had people tell me on this board that neither william f. buckley nor barry goldwater were *true* conservatives. :lol:

i'm only a fiscal conservative.

i am what would be called a social liberal, i guess, although most of these labels have been rendered meaningless.

i've had people tell me on this board that neither william f. buckley nor barry goldwater were *true* conservatives. :lol:
It's more along the lines of what I've seen people post. In your case it appears to be more often right of center then left which is why you ended up in the Conservative column. Obviously the list will be somewhat subjective, it's unavoidable but I'm really trying to be as accurate and objective as possible withing the limited criteria I gave myself. :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Woot! I made the Unknown list! :clap2:

I don't think of myself as affiliated with any particular political ideology, so that works for me. :)

Or it could simply be I don't remember reading much of (or anything) political you've posted in a while. Also you try going through massive numbers of threads, picking out individuals, I seriously think, at most, I missed a quarter of the regular posters on the board. Oh and it's not about party affiliation per se, its about whether your political actualism is slightly to totally more right or left of (true) center.
Like me, I put myself in the conservative column even though I would probably be considered a "RINO" by most of the hard right individuals where as there are others on this board who the far left would consider "Blue Dogs" who are in the Liberal column.

LOL, I'm so politically jaded I usually find it pretty hard to work up enough enthusiasm to post. :lol: I find myself much more often posting in the religion forum, or sports, or of course, the Coffee Shop! (actually, that's probably the only reason I made the list at all :lol:)

I've read people who claim this board leans from slightly to far right yet I see that the majority of threads started in the Politics section (appear) to be by those who claim to be liberal which gave me an idea.
I'm working on compiling a list of people, excluding the ones who rarely post on the site at all. Understandably there are some who I'm not sure what their political leanings are so I have to put them in the neutral column for now.
So far I have about 50 names listed with the liberals currently experiencing a slight lead. The more I look at the names the more it appears the final outcome will probably be relatively even. We'll see.

Depends on what your interpretation of "right wing" is...

I'd say this board is "classical liberal."

Many have made polls on which candidate they support and Ron Paul wins every poll by a wide margin - that should tell you something...

Okay, here's the list so far, it's not complete but so far the balance is even.
Remember my criteria is (if I'm familiar with your political/social posting) which direction does your posting lean most heavily to, not saying you're necessarily a moonbat or neocon though some on the list definitely are.
For those I missed let me know which direction you (really) lean in and the same for those I'm not sure about, that is if you're interested.
Thanks!!

Liberal

MarkATL
Jillian
Ravi
rdean
Midcan
Editec
Edthecynic
Synthaholic
merrill
Sky Dancer
Cammmpbell
Lakhota
Polk
Old Rocks
ABikerSailor
G.T.
Uscitzen
Shaman
strollingbones
Article15
xotoxi
Wry Catcher
rightwinger
Jack Starkly
Sarah G
Billy000
Steelplate
Josefk
Huggy
Rinata
Dontbestupid
sfcalifornia
Chris
ABikerSailor
Care4all
Konradv
NYcarbiner
AVG-JOE
Sallow
Nosomo King
luddly.neddite
Cuyo
Daws101
DaGoose
merrill
Vast LWC
Truthmatters
EriktheRed
occupied

Libertarian

paulitician
Matthew
Skull Pilot
JohnA

Unknown (to me)

Skipper
Montrovant
Mebelle
ZZZZ
Dabs
Toro - (In this category only because I see him as being fairly consistently moderate.)

Conservative

Me (Ringel)
Rabbi
Amelia
Foxfyre
Pale Rider
Ollie
bripat
Zander
Grampa Murked U
JimH52
WillowTree
mal
CrusaderFrank
Del
Katzndogz
hjmick
MountainMan
Trajan
California Girl
Warrior102
Bayoubill
Dr House
Oddball
Charles_Main
Cecilie1200
Liability
Ernie S.
Sherry
The Infidel
High_Gravity
Mr H
Quantum Windbag
chesswarsnow
Hortysir
JimBowie1958
Big Black Dog
Two Thumbs
Wiseacre
TakeAStepBack
get_involved
GHook93
namvet
RadiomanATL
Lumpy 1
Caroljo
derk
Unkotare

I thought we agreed that there would be a Casually Sunbathing Pig category. What happened?

I've read people who claim this board leans from slightly to far right yet I see that the majority of threads started in the Politics section (appear) to be by those who claim to be liberal which gave me an idea.
I'm working on compiling a list of people, excluding the ones who rarely post on the site at all. Understandably there are some who I'm not sure what their political leanings are so I have to put them in the neutral column for now.
So far I have about 50 names listed with the liberals currently experiencing a slight lead. The more I look at the names the more it appears the final outcome will probably be relatively even. We'll see.

Many have made polls on which candidate they support and Ron Paul wins every poll by a wide margin - that should tell you something...

Didn't read the OP did ya.......... :eusa_whistle:

"Liberal" has lots of meanings.....

Ron Paul is a liberal.........

"Liberal" has lots of meanings.....

Ron Paul is a liberal.........

I get it, I got it decades ago, welcome to the 21st century in America........

IMO it's not very liberal to create a list....

Nazi's do that...

I'm a classical liberal with conservative leanings - understand that Mr. 1984?

IMO it's not very liberal to create a list....

Nazi's do that...

I'm a classical liberal with conservative leanings - understand that Mr. 1984?
Whatever, still doesn't change the fact that you're a dick whichever way you slice it. :dunno:
Understand that Mr Nobody?

Forum List

Back