Is it really worth it to live to over 80 years?

The only thing I have conceded to old age is the height that I set my tree stand when deer hunting. I settle for 10 feet up rather than my usual 20.

As my mother continues to age, so does she change.
Even just in the past 6 months I have noticed she gets confused so easily. And also gets upset over the simplest of things that don't matter. We have lived here for almost 4 years now.
Up until the past couple months, she rarely came up here. She would write down any questions etc. and wait till I came down there later. (I go down there everyday)
Now she comes up here at least 5 out of 7 days, and many times more than once. Every time it will be about something that she isn't getting right. And is upset over.

I am getting more concerned. I would like to talk with someone experienced in caring for elderly, but am afraid to do so because they, like CPS, there is that possibility they will want to take over "for the good of the "patient""

As my mother continues to age, so does she change.
Even just in the past 6 months I have noticed she gets confused so easily. And also gets upset over the simplest of things that don't matter. We have lived here for almost 4 years now.
Up until the past couple months, she rarely came up here. She would write down any questions etc. and wait till I came down there later. (I go down there everyday)
Now she comes up here at least 5 out of 7 days, and many times more than once. Every time it will be about something that she isn't getting right. And is upset over.

I am getting more concerned. I would like to talk with someone experienced in caring for elderly, but am afraid to do so because they, like CPS, there is that possibility they will want to take over "for the good of the "patient""

I think you have reason to be afraid, although I can assure you that my experience was quite different, as I lived with my husband's dementia. I was in complete control, except for issues having to do with the covid no-contact BS, since he was in a care facility.

Good luck and stay strong.

Forum List

Back