how do you plan to spend friday?

it was a beautiful day here....i was outside painting....painting the ends of lumber so the boards would not check....my husband called....told me a plane has just hit the wtc...i was going on about how the hell did that happen...you can see the damn things forever....when he quietly told me it was an attack and to go inside and turn on the tv....the rest of the day is pretty much a blurr....i just remember the horror the people jumping..hand in hand to escape the fire...the puffs of concerete as the buildings begin to fall...i called my son...it was a day of just wanting to know everyone was okay...we went to give blood and were turned away...the lines were already hours....

we had no idea how much this would day would change this country.

I remember the day very clearly. I woke up late at about 9pm and had to work from 1-10 pm that night.

I did my morning routine then was in a political chatroom making fun of Gary Condit of Chandra Levy(9/11 saved his ass). Then all of a sudden the room blew up with "TURN ON THE NEWS THERE WAS A BAD ACCIDENT"

We were all discussing the accident, some of us said (me included) "i dont think it could be an accident, i dunno what happened" then BAM the second plane hit....then i knew.

My first repsonse after the 2nd plane was "Saddam Finally did it, he got us back!!!!" Yeah yeah i was wrong but it was my first instinct. Then i stayed glued to the news till 1230 when i had to leave for work.

The store I ran at the time stayed open but NO ONE was out shopping.

I remember a few guys came in and were buying up the socks, flashlights, batteries, and some other stuff....i asked what they were buying it for and they said they were firefighters on their way to NY to help. I took out a store purchase slip and made the big box retail chain buy the stuff for them...basically making it a donation from the store.

The next day at work the store manager threatened my job over it as it was about 200 bucks worth of stuff.....then 2 hours later the regional President showed up at the store to commend me for making the donation and instituted donating to the 9/11 recovery as regional policy for the entire chain.

NOw i feel weird inside remembering all this...im gonna go work
u work @ best buys?

Thanking God that I live in a place very unlikely to ever be a target.

And also thanking God that if we're ever invaded, I have two horses (3 next year) and the ability to hide. Because after all, I live on Mars.

Too many ppl died on the site to make it a good rebuild project. To rebuild twin towers in a different spot...with lights beaming up and a big bull's eye on the buildings...and lots of projectile weapons aimed at the skies overhead and nukes trained on the middle east day & night.

Last edited:
There are only two positions on this issue either you are for rebuilding the twin towers or you ratify the decision to remove them from the skyline.

Forum List

Back