how do you plan to spend friday?

Many of us lost friends and family that day. But their memories are with us every day, not just on Friday. As far as I'm concerned, it's no different from any other friday.
Avoiding the replays will be the main thing for me. I don't need to see it to know what happened, and my kids definitely don't need to see it until they're old enough to understand.

Working on revamping a video, and wasting time waiting for a package, like today. Why do holidays have to fuck up all the mail?

I was watching the news. I kept saying to my husband, "Where are the intercepts?!"

It didn't make any sense.

One of my best friends was working on the roof of the house next to the Naval Observatory, he saw the explosion at the Pentagon. He said jets only came 5 minutes after the hit.

By watching as little of the replays as possible and not posting anything about the attacks. There will be nothing new about either, and eight years of reliving the nightmare is enough.

Edit: I take that back. I think they should stop fiddling around with some kind of redesign of the WTC, leave it as Ground Zero, and let the Tower of Lights say it all.

1034414454015111327IMlCLC

Let's try this again (although there are hundreds of shots on the Internet):

]Webshots Outdated Link
So you are in agreement with those who decided to redesign the skyline.

"Was he supposed to be working at WTC?"

No. He worked on the Island. It was just the fact that he was there to see it on TV by doing something he never, even now, does. The man will crawl to work taking his last breaths but for some reason got up that morning and called in.

By watching as little of the replays as possible and not posting anything about the attacks. There will be nothing new about either, and eight years of reliving the nightmare is enough.

Edit: I take that back. I think they should stop fiddling around with some kind of redesign of the WTC, leave it as Ground Zero, and let the Tower of Lights say it all.

1034414454015111327IMlCLC

]Webshots Outdated Link

I don't think they should redesign or rebuild anything. Just leave Ground Zero as a memorial park, with the beautiful lights beaming sadness to the heavens.

no rebuild....i have seen the existing conditions of the land the towers were on....rebuild and if its attacked again...we will rebuild..that towers should have been back up by now

]Webshots Outdated Link

I don't think they should redesign or rebuild anything. Just leave Ground Zero as a memorial park, with the beautiful lights beaming sadness to the heavens.

There are only two positions on this issue either you are for rebuilding the twin towers or you ratify the decision to remove them from the skyline.

I'll be gearing up for Saturday's big celebration commemorating the 75th anniversary of the signing of the Balta Pact.

Last edited:
I have friends coming over on Friday, and I imagine the topic will come up, but since many of these friends are rather liberal and my friend Blair and I are outspokenly conservative, we usually have a moratorium on anything political.

Forum List

Back