How do we fix our problems as a nation?

You guys are doing great, I can feel Americas problems being fixed as you speak.

O shit, another beaner just snuck in

I'd like to see some serious discussion here. Let's not think through a partisan lens. Let's pretend there are no such thing as Democrats or Republicans. Let's pretend there is no such thing as Liberal or Conservative (or libertarian) or anything else you might think up.

As human beings, how do we fix the problems our nation faces?

First, I think we need to determine what the main problems are. Tell me what you think our biggest problems are. And are they symptoms of something else or the source of other problems?

Second, should we solve them through government or by acting as individuals?

Third, Tell us some of the ideas that we can impliment in our own lives to fix the problems our nations faces.

Sorry, can't play your little make believe game. I'm not going to sit here and pretend Democrats and liberalism which seeks to destroy our freedoms and our capitalist economy doesn't exist.

The Progressive movement is very real, and very dangerous to our nation. Its pretty much on the verge of succeeding too. The only way we can even hope to fix all the problems caused by liberalism over the last 50 years, is to elect some serious people willing to make the tough choices of taking away the candy from the babies.

Oh, and nationalizing an industry is NOT communism, and in fact many industries in our nation are already nationalized which does not necessarily mean the government RUNS them, it could mean that they merely cap the prices in that industry, which is clearly all I advocate.

True...Karl Marx suggested an interim - transitory - process known as fascism in order to go from Capitalism to Communism:

The proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the state…

The Communist Manifesto

Chapter Two

1) No it's not. COTUS doesn't grant them limitless authority. There is a serious disconnect between their constitutional authority and their power today.

I am not disagreeing with you as a principle. I am merely saying that the states can't in general just say fuck you federal government.
2) COTUS, like the Articles of Association and Articles of Confederation before it, is only valid so long as the People say so. If we decide we're done with this system, it ceases to be legitimate and any attempt by the State to continue to subject us to it is rightfully met with full resistance.
Of course , and in fact the founding fathers made it clear that they themselves agreed. I am not ready for armed revolt. I think the US can be salvaged as is. That certainly does NOT mean I think that armed revolution would NEVER be the answer.

Wrong. Only in those few areas where the Fed is given authority to rule over the States.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Where the Devil get you manage to get that totally reversed?

I didn't get it reversed. I think I made it clear. The burden would be on the states to make a case by case example of when the fed is over reaching, they can't simply make a blanket statement that the federal government over reaches, and in fact that is exactly what they do, and in several instances the SCOTUS has agreed with the states, exactly the process our founding fathers envisioned. I prefer we let that system work rather than armed rebellion if at all possible.

The more local the system of governance, the more easily the People can enforce their will through it or, if need be, tear it apart and rebuild it altogether.

Perhaps, but I don't see it working that way at all. If that were true, then we wouldn't see individual state governments so fucked up.

Cont, once again you prove how stupid you are.

Come back when you know what fascism is, what communism is, and why the two fought in the streets in Germany and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Tank seems a bit peeved tonight.
I'm having fun, thanks for caring though.

illegal-aliens-taxes1.jpg

Cont, once again you prove how stupid you are.

Come back when you know what fascism is, what communism is, and why the two fought in the streets in Germany and elsewhere.

You are very welcome.

It is my civic duty to correct your misunderstandings.

:lol: So far I haven't seen you be right on one single subject.

Oh, and doesn't your sig violate the rule about questioning the moderation of this board in public? Hmmm

Of course not, you are conflicted by interest.

No, I'm conflicted by intelligence, something that doesn't seem to encumber you.

Intelligence.....in the Orwellian sense.

Depriving the shareholders of the monies they have invested in their companies is very intelligent. Depriving Americans of their Constitutional rights is very intelligent.

I am definitely shocked and awed.

Of course not, you are conflicted by interest.

No, I'm conflicted by intelligence, something that doesn't seem to encumber you.

Intelligence.....in the Orwellian sense.

Depriving the shareholders of the monies they have invested in their companies is very intelligent. Depriving Americans of their Constitutional rights is very intelligent.

I am definitely shocked and awed.

I of course advocated neither. Making you a liar as well as an idiot.

I'd like to see some serious discussion here. Let's not think through a partisan lens. Let's pretend there are no such thing as Democrats or Republicans. Let's pretend there is no such thing as Liberal or Conservative (or libertarian) or anything else you might think up.

First, I think we need to determine what the main problems are. Tell me what you think our biggest problems are. And are they symptoms of something else or the source of other problems?

Third, Tell us some of the ideas that we can impliment in our own lives to fix the problems our nations faces.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts. Raise the top rate by 3%.

Raise the gas milage requirements for cars. Develop alternative energy made in America. Conserve energy.

Pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Stop giving money to dictators. Support democracy in every case.

Make the Japanese and the Europeans pay for their own defense.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts. Raise the top rate by 3%.

Raise the gas milage requirements for cars. Develop alternative energy made in America. Conserve energy.

Pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Stop giving money to dictators. Support democracy in every case.

Make the Japanese and the Europeans pay for their own defense.

You can't just keep raising CAFE standards and expect automakers to magically create cars that meet them. Especially when the majority of Americans in fact do NOT want to buy cars that get 50 MPG or more.

Forum List

Back