How do we fix our problems as a nation?

I'd like to see some serious discussion here. Let's not think through a partisan lens. Let's pretend there are no such thing as Democrats or Republicans. Let's pretend there is no such thing as Liberal or Conservative (or libertarian) or anything else you might think up.

As human beings, how do we fix the problems our nation faces?

First, I think we need to determine what the main problems are. Tell me what you think our biggest problems are. And are they symptoms of something else or the source of other problems?

Second, should we solve them through government or by acting as individuals?

Third, Tell us some of the ideas that we can impliment in our own lives to fix the problems our nations faces.

<sigh>

I don&#8217;t think it is possible to fix our nation&#8217;s problems until we actually start thinking of ourselves as being a nation in-and-of-itself again.

The basic idea behind modern America has always been that of a Melting Pot (from many, one) however; today, America is much more like a Salad instead.

Once the politicians realized that power and wealth could be had by pitting all the different groups against each other, the concept of &#8220;One America&#8221; simply ceased to be. So, today, we are little more than a conglomerate of greedy special interest groups; each out to advance only themselves.

I am not sure how to fix this but, I guess if I had to make a suggestion, I would offer that a good first step would be to start insuring we all speak (and understand) the same language.

Last edited:
End the Fed
Cancel NAFTA, etc.
Get out of the WTO
Close all foreign military bases and bring all troops home
Stop all foreign aid

It is too late, I think, to fix the problems that ail this nation, folks.

The CLASS problems this nation is facing has are too ingrained in our souls and in our political/legal/ economic systems to tinker this nation back to real functionality.

We are undergoing a revolution from the top leading us where we do not know.

America and the American government isn't the only nation on the block, folks.

By the end of this century the internationalists will likely control the world's governments and their populations through NGOs.

FREE TRADE and driving the nations into bankruptsy (mostly by manipulation of the nations' debts) are the lynchpins of that PLANNED change in the world's geopolitical systems of power and control.

As a nation and a Republic there is no quick fix a good start is to remember Thomas Jeffersons words of wisdom "When a nation fears its Govt. it is tyranny But when a Govt. fears its citizens it is freedom" The Constitution holds most of the answers and we must remember that we are a Republic not a Democracy. Our reps. have abandoned their responsibiltys and only seek personal gratification and re election their egos are inflated by the title of Lawmakers instead of representatives of the people who they work for it is time to remind them they work for us we are their bosses and come 2012 they are fired set term limits too many of them have had their snouts in the trough too long.

You can't just keep raising CAFE standards and expect automakers to magically create cars that meet them..

No magic. We've had 100MPG cars for 50 years easy.

Really? Show me the 100 MPG cars we have that meet all other safety and environmental standards as well as meeting the wants and needs of consumers (IE not electric cars limited in range)

We need to vote democrat/republican. Because the current democrats/republicans aren't getting the job done. The last time the democrats/republicans were running things the problems were the others guys fault and all the good work was done by our guys.

Delete the appropriate party in your view and you've got most of the posts on this thread past and soon to come.

If corporations are "persons" why are they allowed to give higher political contribution than other persons?

We need to vote democrat/republican. Because the current democrats/republicans aren't getting the job done. The last time the democrats/republicans were running things the problems were the others guys fault and all the good work was done by our guys.

Delete the appropriate party in your view and you've got most of the posts on this thread past and soon to come.

:eusa_eh:

We fix the problems of our nation by shipping everyone that posts incomprehensible babble on a message board to Antarctica.

We fix the problems of our nation by shipping everyone that posts incomprehensible babble on a message board to Antarctica.

Seemed pretty basic to me, I'm sorry it went over your head.

Of course, it seemed basic to you.

:lol:

I suppose if I don't understand the utterances of a donkey, his comments went over my head too.

I suppose if I don't understand the utterances of a donkey, his comments went over my head too.

Who knew we had Chris Farley's nephew posting on the board, pure hysterical knee-slapping gold.

:clap2::clap2:

Who knew we had Chris Farley's nephew posting on the board, pure hysterical knee-slapping gold.

:clap2::clap2:

Its a relief that your English is developed to the extent that you can understand humans.

It is too late, I think, to fix the problems that ail this nation, folks.

The CLASS problems this nation is facing has are too ingrained in our souls and in our political/legal/ economic systems to tinker this nation back to real functionality.

We are undergoing a revolution from the top leading us where we do not know.

America and the American government isn't the only nation on the block, folks.

By the end of this century the internationalists will likely control the world's governments and their populations through NGOs.

FREE TRADE and driving the nations into bankruptsy (mostly by manipulation of the nations' debts) are the lynchpins of that PLANNED change in the world's geopolitical systems of power and control.
Well said!

How we decide to fix problems depends mostly on what we want to see at the end of the process.

In PART the reason we find so much disagreement is because in part we truly would like to have very different Americas.

I think almost all of us (with a few notiable expections on this board) want a strong and economically prosperous nation where hard work and brilliance are rewarded.

What we cannot agree on mostly is how to achieve that outcome.

But for what it is worth, I do not think there is only ONE PATH to the objective of a financially stable economy.

We could get to that place a lot of different ways depending on how much government we are willing to accept, how much poverty, how much civil liberties and so on.

But those (mostly) social issues are mostly where Americans dig their heels into the ground and say "My way or the highway".

And THAT great SOCIAL divide will, I think, ultimately going to wreck this nation of ours.

BEcause among other things it is mostly the SOCIAL DIVIDE that is the tool that both parties use to maintain their power.

Not the economic issues, generally.

On those issues, respite the different rhetoric we hear from both parties about how different they are, the masters of both parties are basically on the same page.

Last edited:
You can't just keep raising CAFE standards and expect automakers to magically create cars that meet them..

No magic. We've had 100MPG cars for 50 years easy.

Really? Show me the 100 MPG cars we have that meet all other safety and environmental standards as well as meeting the wants and needs of consumers (IE not electric cars limited in range)
Limited range?

300 miles/charge is 'limited range'? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back