How Conservatism Killed The GOP

This distinction, taught in Economics 101, seldom makes it into the Washington sound-bite wars. A demand-side cut rests on the Keynesian theory that public consumption spurs economic activity. Government puts money in people's hands, as a temporary measure, so that they'll spend it.

A supply-side cut sees business investment as the key to growth. Government gives money to businesses and wealthy individuals to invest, ultimately benefiting all Americans. Back in the early 1960s, tax cutting was as contentious as it is today, but it was liberal demand-siders who were calling for the cuts and generating the controversy. JFK, the demand-side tax cutter. - By David Greenberg - Slate Magazine

sorry folks. We are infected with a supply of nitwits who see things through a closed lens.

Spin it how ever you want bud. He cut the TOP MARGINAL RATE from 91 to 70%. A massive supply side cut.

If you do not want to call him a supply sider More Power to ya. But you can not ignore the fact that he was a tax cutter. Not a tax and spender like Democrats today.

That tax cut was financed, Reagan's and Bush's were funded by debt. It was also enacted prior to the kind of globalization we see today. The 91% rate was a leftover of the tough methods used to fight the Great Depression and WWII, and it did its job and was no longer needed.

Just because you say so does not make it so.

Spin it how ever you want bud. He cut the TOP MARGINAL RATE from 91 to 70%. A massive supply side cut.

If you do not want to call him a supply sider More Power to ya. But you can not ignore the fact that he was a tax cutter. Not a tax and spender like Democrats today.

That tax cut was financed, Reagan's and Bush's were funded by debt. It was also enacted prior to the kind of globalization we see today. The 91% rate was a leftover of the tough methods used to fight the Great Depression and WWII, and it did its job and was no longer needed.

If it were just me saying it, you'd have a point. It's OMB and CBO who said it. But who can stand up to logic as lucid as yours?

How The Conservatism Killed The GOP

1. If the GOP of today were the GOP of our fathers and grandfathers, all of us would be better off. The GOP of old had great liberals in it's ranks. Most all the great past achievements the GOP crows about today were liberal ideas made policy and law.

2) Over the past 3 or 4 decades the conservatives in the GOP have chased out most every liberal in it's midst. They no longer have a voice representing the people. They have a voice representing the conservative fringe.

3) Today the conservative Tea Party movement is looking to finish the job started in seriousness under the reign of Ronald Reagan, the great communicator who rarely kept a campaign promise.

If it were just me saying it, you'd have a point. It's OMB and CBO who said it. But who can stand up to logic as lucid as yours?

Link please

Jokey you are called that for a reason by most here. I cut to the chase and call you what you re a lying white ******. Even in this post you are lying.

When you use presumed racial characteristics to denigrate the decency and dignity of another human being is racism. You are a racist, a nasty and filthy racist. You are the poster boy of what the nation thinks of as the southern racist, inbred and illiterate and hateful.

“Starkey you are a lying ******. You are a worthless piece of shit. Which after all that is what a ****** is a lazy good for nothing trashy piece of shit, no matter what their race maybe ******* are scum and that would be you starkey. White black red Brown yellow. Skin color matters not with what a ****** is but their character does, and yours is that of a ******.” [and] “This coming from someone who shows his affection for things he likes to suck on written as a moniker. Have you tucked many dicks today? That would be how braney the banking queen would sound if she said it.”

Racist, sexist, homophobic. In other words, un-American. Nothing you say is worthy to even be read until you apologize to everyone on the board.

If you can't take it, sonny, don't dish it. I have kicked you up and down this board, and will continue to do so as long as you are here.

Last edited:
Jokey you are called that for a reason by most here. I cut to the chase and call you what you re a lying white ******. Even in this post you are lying.

When you use presumed racial characteristics to denigrate the decency and dignity of another human being is racism. You are a racist, a nasty and filthy racist. You are the poster boy of what the nation thinks of as the southern racist, inbred and illiterate and hateful.

“Starkey you are a lying ******. You are a worthless piece of shit. Which after all that is what a ****** is a lazy good for nothing trashy piece of shit, no matter what their race maybe ******* are scum and that would be you starkey. White black red Brown yellow. Skin color matters not with what a ****** is but their character does, and yours is that of a ******.” [and] “This coming from someone who shows his affection for things he likes to suck on written as a moniker. Have you tucked many dicks today? That would be how braney the banking queen would sound if she said it.”

Racist, sexist, homophobic. In other words, un-American. Nothing you say is worthy to even be read until you apologize to everyone on the board.

If you can't take it, sonny, don't dish it. I have kicked you up and down this board, and will continue to do so as long as you are here.

Now let's talk about presuming some thing. Jokey you presume way to much.

bigreb, believe what you want but you will not impose your unreality on everyone else.

When you use presumed racial characteristics to denigrate the decency and dignity of another human being, that is racism. You are a racist, a nasty and filthy racist. You are the poster boy of what the nation thinks of as the southern racist, inbred and illiterate and hateful.

bigreb, believe what you want but you will not impose your unreality on everyone else.

When you use presumed racial characteristics to denigrate the decency and dignity of another human being, that is racism. You are a racist, a nasty and filthy racist. You are the poster boy of what the nation thinks of as the southern racist, inbred and illiterate and hateful.

Jokey I am going to start copy writing every thing I post because sooner or later you will repost one of my old reply's. Oh and calling you a white ****** is not racist it's the truth.

The thread's OP has already been proven.

When bigreb uses presumed racial characteristics to denigrate the decency and dignity of another human being, that is racism. bigreb is a racist, a nasty and filthy racist. He is the poster boy of what the nation thinks of as the southern racist, inbred and illiterate and hateful.

Racist, sexist, homophobic. In other words, un-American. Nothing he says is worthy to even be read until he apologizes to everyone on the board.

He can't take what he tries to dish. I have kicked you up and down this board, and will continue to do so as long as you are here.

Yes, you are that, auto. The perversion of Republicanism by the Reaganites and the attempt by the Tea Party to impose rigid reactionary ideology will remake, inevitably, the party.

Yes, you are that, auto. The perversion of Republicanism by the Reaganites and the attempt by the Tea Party to impose rigid reactionary ideology will remake, inevitably, the party.

You should take these rants to one of the doper blogs, it would be appreciated more.

As I said comical, as the election approaches with conservatives about to gain much ground. You stay delusioned. Its a vast right wing conspiracy I tell ya.

Not at all. Auto, you are mistaking perception for reality. Americans are upset with both parties, but the sad thing they want it the cheap way, the way they don't have to suffer for their greed. And the Dems, the Pubs, and the Tea Party cannot provide a cheap answer.

So, no, don't confuse reality of frustration for the perception of a great conservative uprising.

It is anything but.

A Constitutional Republic is "rigid reactionary ideology?"

What is "correct" Republicanism? Less of the same Democrats?

You have every right to your opinion about the Constitution, but we don't have to accept your mistaken concept.

:lol: You are in the vast, vast minority about your misconception about the Constitution and unregulated capitalism. Never going to happen. But you can evidence if you have it.

Last edited:
Not at all. Auto, you are mistaking perception for reality. Americans are upset with both parties, but the sad thing they want it the cheap way, the way they don't have to suffer for their greed. And the Dems, the Pubs, and the Tea Party cannot provide a cheap answer.

So, no, don't confuse reality of frustration for the perception of a great conservative uprising.

It is anything but.

Yes they are upset with both parties. It is why I voted write in, in 2008 I wrote in mickey for pres and daffy duck for VP. I will be damn. They won.

But they are upset at the liberal policies of both parties. So to say its is conservatism is where the delusion takes hold. Just for clarification.

Forum List

Back