How come no one is talking about liddle Jeff Sessions weird interview today with the Senate?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deanrd, Oct 18, 2017.

1. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,725
    For one thing, Sessions tried to pull a "confidentially thing" with it being between the president and the Attorney General.

Only there's no such thing.

There is executive privileged. But the President has to declare it and give a reason, which Trump hasn't done.

Sessions is obligated to answer questions and didn't.

Sessions was asked if he was going to jail reporters and his answer was he hasn't, yet.

He was asked if he talked to Russians and his answers were all over the place. Never, yea but we didn't talk about the election, I don't remember if we talked about the election, could be.

One of the weirdest things I hadn't heard a word about was that there are three lawsuits against Trump for not being in compliance with the Emolument's Clause which is part of the constitution. And it's the Justice Department that is defending Trump. On something like this, Trump should have his own lawyers not the US Justice Department. This is insane.

I could only find a single article about it. I learned more today from Jeff Sessions than I did from any news organization.

Trump's ethics critics get their day in court

Of course, there was a whole lot more.
    This was truly one of the most bizarre interviews I have ever seen from the Senate.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,211
    I thought that after he took the smirk off of the Fairy's face and ate his lunch the other Dems realized Jeff had come loaded for bear.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,403
    if the 'dems' don't like some of Sessions claims of confidentiality then they have ways of going after him . Until that happens Sessions should just keep doing his job as he thinks best Dean .

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. John Shaw

John Shaw VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +677
    It was a very strange thing to hear.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I must give props to my boy Tillerson for being a legit badass today. I can't comment on the accuracy of the things he was saying, but his delivery was smooth and crisp, and he came off as educated, articulate, and just plain wise. Made me wish I had the one-time CEO of Exxon as my president.

If Trump thinks he would score higher than Tillerson on an IQ test, I think that already says a lot about Trump's level of intelligence. Or at least about his ridiculously bloated ego.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,154
    I was waiting to see what kind of lies democrats were going to come up with.

6. John Shaw

John Shaw VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +677
    Even disregarding the contradictions and inaccuracies; Sessions just sounded ... bad. Like a scared little boy. I listened to Jeff, then Rex, and I couldn't help but notice how much more confident and informed Rex sounded by comparison. It was quite striking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. otto105

otto105 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Because most people can't understand good olde Jeff with all that shit in his mouth.

8. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,725
    I think my favorite part was when Al Frankin called Sessions out on his lies and made Jeffery look like a fool. Sessions went from that smirk to angry. Really angry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,725
    Democrats don't need to lie. Trump and the GOP have way more than enough to go around for the next several decades.

10. Crixus

Crixus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,039

Did it make you want to touch your self?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1