How Badly will Canada lose the Trade war?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
If the US mirrors Canada's tariffs and restrictions Canada is in big trouble, that's a given, but how big will the trouble be? Just seeking fact based opinions on how bad it will get and how fast.

Oh, it will lose bad. Very bad. Because when trade wars happen there are winners and losers and the USA never loses. Canada will come groveling when their economy starts to tank. Meanwhile, we will prosper like never before. We are bigger stronger than Canada. We will decide what tariffs are imposed and on what goods. Who does Canada think they are?

Silly, silly Canadians.

If the US mirrors Canada's tariffs and restrictions Canada is in big trouble, that's a given, but how big will the trouble be? Just seeking fact based opinions on how bad it will get and how fast.

You mean since we had a positive trade balance off of Canada. We will be hurting, well the elites like Trump (living off of us) won't be but the average joe will be.

Canada currently has 1,600 tariffs in place. The EU and China have hundreds in place. Trump's fighting fire with fire. He's lookin out for American Workers. And we haven't had a US President do that in a very long time. When Canada, EU, and China decide to end their tariffs, we'll talk. Good on Trump. :thup:

Canada currently has 1,600 tariffs in place. The EU and China have hundreds in place. Trump's fighting fire with fire. He's lookin out for American Workers. And we haven't had a US President do that in a very long time. When Canada, EU, and China decide to end their tariffs, we'll talk. Good on Trump. :thup:

We do not have tariffs on China, just Canada, Mexico and the EU.

There is no trade war, just a little whining. Canada had massive import tariffs on U.S. poultry and milk products (almost 300%) before Trump was elected. It will work out in the end once Canada and other nations realize that the U.S. is no longer a patsy.

Well, Canada protects its Workers. It currently has 1,600 tariffs in place. It's about time the US had a leader lookin out for our Workers. I wish Trump all the best.

I don’t know why libtards hate America so much but they do.

Yep. Dairy highlights the tariffs at 270%. They also have 70%
on sausage. 50% on lumber and barley. 20% on beef, and many,
many more. We'll finally be able to purchase Canada and at a discounted
rate.

The Canadians are fucked if we force them out of those tariff's.

I don’t know why libtards hate America so much but they do.

The Democratic Party used to look out for Citizens, but that day has passed. They're Globalists now. They've thrown American Workers overboard. I still don't get why so many US Worker Unions still affiliate themselves with the Democratic Party. They're supporting the Party that pushes for Open Borders and mass Illegal Immigration. That Agenda certainly doesn't help American Workers. I'm actually proud of Trump. He's trying.

The usual suspect Globalists are whining about a couple US tariffs, while at the same time imposing thousands of them on nations. Canada's currently up to over 1,600, and the EU & China have hundreds in place. Trump's proposing a couple. So what? Good on em. Time to help American Workers out for a change.

What I'm most interested in is there likely to be another bout of secessionist talk up there again.

When or if Canada, EU, and China end their thousands of tariffs, we can have serious talks. Otherwise, they have no right whining about a couple US tariffs. End all the tariffs, and then let's talk. The US is completely open to Free & Fair Trade. Just wipe the slate clean and end all tariffs.

When or if Canada, EU, and China end their thousands of tariffs, we can have serious talks. Otherwise, they have no right whining about a couple US tariffs. End all the tariffs, and then let's talk. The US is completely open to Free & Fair Trade. Just wipe the slate clean and end all tariffs.

Don't forget the subsidies and quotas.

Don't forget the subsidies and quotas.

I'm sure Trump is open to agreeing to end all tariffs. But are Canada, the EU, and China open to that?

The usual suspect Globalists are whining about a couple US tariffs, while at the same time imposing thousands of them on nations. Canada's currently up to over 1,600, and the EU & China have hundreds in place. Trump's proposing a couple. So what? Good on em. Time to help American Workers out for a change.
Countries ranked by Tariff rate, applied, simple mean, all products (%) - North America
The Tariff rate in the US was higher then Canada's. Sure you can point to individual products to skew the numbers but that's just cherry picking your information.

Well, Canada protects its Workers. It currently has 1,600 tariffs in place. It's about time the US had a leader lookin out for our Workers. I wish Trump all the best.

Trump is certainly taking care of China's workers. Some day he might do something to help ours. He hasn't so far, but I guess we can hope.

Not to put to fine a point on it the US protected it's own market at about the same rate as other industrialized countries.

Countries ranked by Tariff rate, applied, simple mean, all products (%) - North America
The Tariff rate in the US was higher then Canada's. Sure you can point to individual products to skew the numbers but that's just cherry picking your information.

Leaders should be protecting their Workers. That's what i expect of them. Trump's doing that. Good on em. :thup:

Forum List

Back