Houston police chief criticizes McConnell and Senate Republicans over guns: 'Whose side are you on?'

The boyfriend had a record and should not have been on the street.

Solis has a criminal history which includes an assault causing bodily injury to a family member in August 2015, Acevedo said.

Who knows what else? Apparently your gun laws did not prevent a criminal from acquiring a firearm. Big surprise.

Violent criminals should be removed from society permanently, or get popped upon conviction with no quarter given.
Thanks to the NRA it is easy for criminals to get guns. Repubs want to keep it that way.

Law enforcement is rarely shot and killed in countries with strong gun control. We bury police regularly here.

:auiqs.jpg:
Dead cops is funny to you eh? You are sick.

No, but what is sickening is those like you using the dead to further your agenda when the board knows you hate the Police...
I love police. You gun nuts get them killed, stop pretending you like them.

Actually no you do not love the Police because if you did you would have noted the individual that killed the officer was already convicted of a crime that prohibited him from owning a gun for five years under Texas State Law.

They are investigating how he obtained the gun so further charges will be brought against those that sold him the gun.

Funny how you left that part put!

That what the dead sergeant was doing. Your support for arming criminals is noted.

Solis has a criminal history which includes an assault causing bodily injury to a family member in August 2015, Acevedo said.

Who knows what else? Apparently your gun laws did not prevent a criminal from acquiring a firearm. Big surprise.

Violent criminals should be removed from society permanently, or get popped upon conviction with no quarter given.
Thanks to the NRA it is easy for criminals to get guns. Repubs want to keep it that way.

Law enforcement is rarely shot and killed in countries with strong gun control. We bury police regularly here.

I thought all police are complicit in systematic racial oppression?
Nope they just shoot lots of people cause they themselves are often shot. This is all rare in countries with strong gun control.

No, but what is sickening is those like you using the dead to further your agenda when the board knows you hate the Police...

Actually no you do not love the Police because if you did you would have noted the individual that killed the officer was already convicted of a crime that prohibited him from owning a gun for five years under Texas State Law.

They are investigating how he obtained the gun so further charges will be brought against those that sold him the gun.

Our weak laws make obtaining easy. Even angry children have no problem.

Holy shit!

I just stated the individual was prohibited from owning a firearm and you blame the law saying it was weak!

So how would have that law you want passed stop a person already prohibited from owning a gun?

Tell the board in great detail or just admit you are using a dead office to further your agenda!

Also kids under the age of 18 are not allow to buy firearms and stealing them from their parents is against the law...

Nope they just shoot lots of people cause they themselves are often shot. This is all rare in countries with strong gun control.

I'm concerned that this particular law will only encourage women to file false reports against their boyfriends in retribution for petty disagreements even more often than they already do.

Holy shit!

I just stated the individual was prohibited from owning a firearm and you blame the law saying it was weak!

So how would have that law you want passed stop a person already prohibited from owning a gun?

Tell the board in great detail or just admit you are using a dead office to further your agenda!

Also kids under the age of 18 are not allow to buy firearms and stealing them from their parents is against the law...
I said our weak laws make getting a gun illegally easy. Could have gotten it in a private sale, no background check needed. It’s that easy.

I'm concerned that this particular law will only encourage women to file false reports against their boyfriends in retribution for petty disagreements even more often than they already do.
Then maybe guys should be nicer. Women get shot a lot.

Then maybe guys should be nicer. Women get shot a lot.

Men get shot about 5 times more often.

Police chief blasts NRA, senators after cop's death

In a fiery press conference Monday, Houston's Police Chief lashed out at the National Rifle Association and three top Republican lawmakers - including two from his state - after the recent death of one of his officers.

too bad that jackass wasn't as passionate about his officers who killed 2 innocent people based on lies-
He's just another progressive lapdog. Thank GOD I don't live there anymore.

Is what he said true? If you are convicted of domestic violence can your u buy guns now? I don't think this is the case. He alleged that because the violence against woman act expired that wife beaters can fill out a yellow paper and buy guns now and that's why this cop died.
I bought a new handgun very recently and it asks have you ever been convicted of domestic violence. If yes then no gun.

Or, if you lie and say no then I was under the impression that Texas AND the Feds can tack on mandatory time due to truth in sentencing laws and that fact that Texas don't let wife beaters buy guns.

Busted, chief! This is what happens when you let your mouth over load your ass fucking idiot.

“For many years, Senator Cruz has worked in law enforcement, helping lead the fight to ensure that violent criminals—and especially sexual predators who target women and children—face the very strictest punishment. Senator Cruz is currently reviewing Violence Against Women Act legislation in the Senate.”

Sen. John Cornyn's office released this statement:

To be clear, the Violence Against Women Act is still fully funded despite what the Chief implied. And he’s got it backward – Democrats in DC walked away from negotiations for a new law and that’s when it fell apart. Sen. Cornyn helped introduce a new VAWA last month, which:

Busted, chief! This is what happens when you let your mouth over load your ass fucking idiot.

“For many years, Senator Cruz has worked in law enforcement, helping lead the fight to ensure that violent criminals—and especially sexual predators who target women and children—face the very strictest punishment. Senator Cruz is currently reviewing Violence Against Women Act legislation in the Senate.”

Sen. John Cornyn's office released this statement:

To be clear, the Violence Against Women Act is still fully funded despite what the Chief implied. And he’s got it backward – Democrats in DC walked away from negotiations for a new law and that’s when it fell apart. Sen. Cornyn helped introduce a new VAWA last month, which:

Acevedo is just a stupid pandering beaner. Can't wait until that piece of trash is gone.

That’s a funny theory. The reality is our homicide rate is 4-5 times higher than countries with strong gun control. They also don’t suffer regular mass shootings and only have a handful of cops shot each year.

How does the gun death rate in the U.S. compare with other countries?
The gun death rate in the U.S. is much higher than in most other nations, particularly developed nations. But it is still far below the rates in several Latin American nations, according to a study of 195 countries and territories by researchers at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

The U.S. gun death rate was 10.6 per 100,000 people in 2016, the most recent year in the study, which uses a somewhat different methodology from the CDC. That was far higher than in countries such as Canada (2.1 per 100,000) and Australia (1.0), as well as European nations such as France (2.7), Germany (0.9) and Spain (0.6). But the rate in the U.S. was much lower than in El Salvador (39.2 per 100,000 people), Venezuela (38.7), Guatemala (32.3), Colombia (25.9) and Honduras (22.5), the study found. Overall, the U.S. ranked 20th in its gun fatality rate.

What the data says about gun deaths in the U.S.

Acevedo is just a stupid pandering beaner.
His ethnicity is irrelevant-
https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/12/08/virginia-ag-new-gun-control-laws-will-enforced-followed/
Virginia AG: New Gun Control Laws Will Be Enforced And Followed

24d542a8-d5eb-429e-b6fb-85d45e051c82.png

Good to hear somebody in law enforcement who gets it. This is the only country where law enforcement is regularly gunned down. This is a real patriot:

"I don't want to hear about how much they support law enforcement," Acevedo said. "I don't want to hear about how much they care about lives and the sanctity of lives yet, we all know in law enforcement that one of the biggest reasons that the Senate and Mitch McConnell and (Texas Sens.) John Cornyn and Ted Cruz and others are not getting into a room and having a conference committee with the House and getting the Violence Against Women's Act (passed) is because the NRA doesn't like the fact that we want to take firearms out of the hands of boyfriends that abuse their girlfriends. And who killed our sergeant? A boyfriend abusing his girlfriend. So you're either here for women and children and our daughters and our sisters and our aunts, or you're here for the (National Rifle Association)."

Houston police chief criticizes McConnell and Senate Republicans over guns: 'Whose side are you on?'
The Constitutions side. Yall should try it.
The constitution allows well regulated militias, that is all. But keep hiding behind your gun while children, women and law enforcement get gunned down. Real heroic.
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed......so who are the PEOPLE in the second part of the amendment?.......

and your people dont put violent people away long enough....

Holy shit!

I said our weak laws make getting a gun illegally easy. Could have gotten it in a private sale, no background check needed. It’s that easy.
so this guy would have gotten the gun no matter the laws....yea i know i was shocked too...

What a cheap shot using the line of duty death of a Police Officer to advance a freaking obscure bill in congress. The Chief should be ashamed of himself.

Good to hear somebody in law enforcement who gets it. This is the only country where law enforcement is regularly gunned down. This is a real patriot:

"I don't want to hear about how much they support law enforcement," Acevedo said. "I don't want to hear about how much they care about lives and the sanctity of lives yet, we all know in law enforcement that one of the biggest reasons that the Senate and Mitch McConnell and (Texas Sens.) John Cornyn and Ted Cruz and others are not getting into a room and having a conference committee with the House and getting the Violence Against Women's Act (passed) is because the NRA doesn't like the fact that we want to take firearms out of the hands of boyfriends that abuse their girlfriends. And who killed our sergeant? A boyfriend abusing his girlfriend. So you're either here for women and children and our daughters and our sisters and our aunts, or you're here for the (National Rifle Association)."

Tards want to disarm women so they can't defend themselves

Forum List

Back